• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Howdy? Has anyone received compensation from FCA due to the emissions issue?

ScottyF

Aug 31, 2020
Truck Year
Hello all,
I wanted to chime in on this one. I was quick to join this suit and I met all the requirements and got all the paperwork done early. I waited a year and received my first payment, However, the remaining $600 dollars (partial payment, as I am the second owner and they wanted to verify the first owner has NOT made claim) has not come, its been another year roughly, and I call EVERY week. They lie to me every week. I have been told over 15 times that they have just sent the remainder of my check out, and like a fool, I go to my mailbox with hope in my eyes every day. Today, a manager admitted that they are not even sending the remaining $600 payments yet!!!!!!
I can not imagine that the lawyers that wrote this law suit would allow years for Chrysler FCA to make payment. They are obviously breaking the law again and failing to honor Dodge/RAM/Chrysler truck owners and buyers. I found this today, the lawyers who created and ran this class action suit and settlement. Your Legal Justice.com , Stern LAW PLLC 844 808 7529. I left message and I would like everyone to pursue this as well. Also, do not honor Chrysler with your hard earned money by supporting them, when they do not honor vehicle owners. I Paid 50K for my defective ram 1500...!!!

ScottyF

Aug 31, 2020
Truck Year
Wow - don't believe that. I got my first part of the reimbursement in July of 2019, and was told if no other previous owner claim was received by August 3rd, I'd get the balance a few weeks after that. I never saw anything, so called and was told they'd extended the 'original owner' timeframe to file a claim to the end of September. At the end of October, I called again (and I've documented all my calls, who I spoke with, and what they said - both with FCA Customer Care as well as the 800 number for the Settlement Hotline) and was told they had no idea when I might receive the balance. ($615; got the original $2460 - as noted - in July.) Catching up on all these threads, sounds like a 3rd-party entity is handling it so those folks on the FCA Customer Care and/or Settlement Hotlines have NO CLUE what the 3rd party entity is doing. For all I know, they're taking FCA to the cleaners on some lucrative contract and will drag it out to stay in FCA's back pocket as long as they can.
On a note about 'Last FCA vehicle I'll ever buy...' I've had Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram (and Plymouth, before they folded that line) since 1982 or so when I bought a K-Car with ZERO frustrations. We drove our purchased-new 1999 Plymouth Voyager for 249,000 miles before buying a brand-new Jeep Compass in 2012. That's got 100K on it and no issues other than normal wear and tear. I had a purchased-new 2000 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 I kept for 16 years until getting the EcoDiesel. That's (the EcoDiesel) has been the only vehicle with any level of frustrations.
I agree with you, I am still waiting for my $600, they have lied to me for 1 year now, we need the lawyers to help us get our claim per the law suit

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Have you filled out this Claim form and taken your truck to a Dodge dealer to get software updated? The settlement is $3,075 and 120,000 mile warranty on EcoDiesel and exhaust system, I'm not sure what the $600 you are talking about

Attachments

• Claim_Form.pdf
    111 KB · Views: 3

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Have you filled out this Claim form and taken your truck to a Dodge dealer to get software updated? The settlement is $3,075 and 120,000 mile warranty on EcoDiesel and exhaust system, I'm not sure what the $600 you are talking about
If you happened to be a 'second' owner (not the first and only owner) FCA allowed a previous owner also file and get $615 as part of the settlement. In my case, the original owner had sadly passed away, and of course wasn't going to file for 'his' share. It took like another nine months before I got the balance - which totaled the $3075.00 settlement agreed to in the lawsuit. (I got the first $2460 months after submitting all the paperwork, and - has been noted - got the run-around by the 3rd-party entity who 'managed' all that for FCA. Unfortunately, none of them had any insight into the true status of anything; they were just lackeys handling the calls in a call center.)

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I was approved last year but waited for the rumored new AEM flash. Got the new AEM flash last May and the check came shortly thereafter.
One poster keeps saying the truck is "crap" after the AEM flash. My truck was fine after the AEM flash, maybe better than the original. Don't know the mpg impact because I put my SFT tune back in shortly after the flash.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I was approved last year but waited for the rumored new AEM flash. Got the new AEM flash last May and the check came shortly thereafter.
One poster keeps saying the truck is "crap" after the AEM flash. My truck was fine after the AEM flash, maybe better than the original. Don't know the mpg impact because I put my SFT tune back in shortly after the flash.
I sent the paper work for my RAM and my wife's Jeep on the same day, had some errors and corrected about a month later. I received my full check shortly after getting the first AEM installed, My wife however hadn't received a check for a year, had to reapply and select "Partial payment" and wait for remainder, we are third owners of the Jeep. She received her partial payment in a few weeks.

I noted the terrible engine run issues and stated them on other forum threads. My wife's Jeep didn't run as bad but was still softer than original. When my wife drove my truck she wanted to take it back to the dealer immediately. My response was to install GDE tune on both vehicles. Such an improvement in performance, fuel mileage, and my Oil Analysis have been cleaning up every oil change on both vehicles. When the dealer installed my EGR recall they updated to 2nd Version of AEM, which ran better than the first edition, but was still such a weak running engine after driving the GDE tune for almost a year. And a loss of fuel mileage to boot. Drove it for four weeks and installed the EPA Compliant GDE tune and transmission tune. Such an improvement again in engine performance and the shift points are such an improvement.

Barillaro

Sep 23, 2018
Truck Year
Yes, in two installments because I purchased the truck with about 3400 miles on it. But it took several trips to the dealer because they "lost" the work order. I also made a few calls to customer care at FCA. In the end I had to bring the truck back for another day of re-calibration to confirm it was actually done. You have to stay on them!

Joeecodiesel

Jan 18, 2020
Truck Year
Just happened across this because I was curious if others had not received the second payment like myself. I am also still waiting for the additional 600$ and basically have gotten the same response when I call. Getting pretty frustrating.

Desertcat

Sep 15, 2020
Truck Year
We haven’t received anything from FCA other than months of excuses. We first submitted in July of ‘19. We’ve resubmitted three times since. The last time was in February of this year. Over a dozen calls later: “Our supervisor is ‘fast tracking’ your claim...” Same status now since July. My question: Do we have any other avenues/channels around FCA??? Anyone have any thoughts???

exit90ab

Sep 15, 2020
Truck Year
How do you qualify for the settlement? 2015 eco diesel owner as of today and no warranty left.😢

werner t. hoermann

Oct 16, 2020
Truck Year
Still waiting filed the claim in July called them this month and what they told me in my case since we wanted the full amount and extension was given to the previous owner and would be additional 8 weeks now there is a another recall for possible fire hazard it wasn’t enough for the damn truck spent two months for the last recall and with no compensation I am not to trusting for FCA at this point they already screwed me with a lemon I don’t have a whole lot confidence at this point I may be better off letting the damn thing catch on fire 😡🤬it’s the last dodge product that I will ever buy and u use to be a lifer no more !!!! There’s a reason why they haven’t offered another Diesel there product is shit!!!
I agree with your stance 1000%. I have been waiting for the check for six months. Now the truck turns out to be a lemon. I will never buy another FCA product again and I will discourage other people to do so.

werner t. hoermann

Oct 16, 2020
Truck Year
Just got an email from FCA . They are saying that I've never sent in paper work on settlement I mailed it in Notarized months ago These people plain SUCK I will never buy FCA or ram again and tell everyone I can how much they suck
I have sent in my claim paper work more than ten times by e-mail and certified mail with receipts. The latest one was sent by my attorney. This whole process is a scam. All the owners with the same or similar problems should perhaps invoke a class action suit against FCA.

werner t. hoermann

Oct 16, 2020
Truck Year
Yes, I got my $3k but it took 3 months and I had to submit by mail and online
I had to do the same more than 10 times - but no check. This FCA is a lying bunch. I am trying to reach the Judge of this Class Action Law Suit - to complain.

werner t. hoermann

Oct 16, 2020
Truck Year
We haven’t received anything from FCA other than months of excuses. We first submitted in July of ‘19. We’ve resubmitted three times since. The last time was in February of this year. Over a dozen calls later: “Our supervisor is ‘fast tracking’ your claim...” Same status now since July. My question: Do we have any other avenues/channels around FCA??? Anyone have any thoughts???
How about a Class Action Law Suit against FCA - that would reveal their chicanery, deception, lying and scam. I would join it in a second. I have submitted 10X since March 2020. Perhaps we should all contact the Judge of this law suit?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I have sent in my claim paper work more than ten times by e-mail and certified mail with receipts. The latest one was sent by my attorney. This whole process is a scam. All the owners with the same or similar problems should perhaps invoke a class action suit against FCA.
I also had to resend the final paperwork several times because their system would not accept all the pages in one email. I tried several times. Ended up having to send just two pages at a time. However, throughout all this they were sending me the failure reports and I was able to communicate with my assigned rep. The frustration was their reports were slow to arrive and contacting my rep was hard to do.

You say you sent data 10 times but you don't say what happened each time. It's hard to believe they have not responded to you. Did you get any failure reports? Do you have an assigned rep? Are you not communicating with them? There must be more to your story.

I agree, they are very difficult to deal with but they certainly are not a scam.