• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HS Performance EcoDiesel Compound Turbo Kit

Jason ortwga

Oct 6, 2016
Truck Year
Im bumping for an update.
I saw the video on Youtube, I really like the cast manifold in the photo and curious about the details, like what tune they use, what compressor they use, what boost levels it will produce and engine bay routing.

Im sure if there was an update we'd of seen it by now, but Im waiting to jump on the compound turbo bandwagon until I see someone else do it and see their logic.

Im just not completely sold on using ppei's original tune and slapping a second turbo on it.

I understand that it has the injectors essentially maxed out so it supports the second turbo fine, but Im sure there's more power and more safety that can be had by having kory tune specifically for the compounds.

Im not knocking anyone, I just want to see a different approach and see the results.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Ryan Espos compound turbo setup uses a custom tune that Kory Willis made with the truck on there dyno, not just there normal 60hp tune. The advantages of a compound turbo setup are huge and the setup from H&S is very similar is setup and benefits. The guys at Industrial Injection have been working on a compound setup as well. But it's on hold due to unfortunate circumstances.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
loosing warranty would be tough though going for something like this. it would be great

Jason ortwga

Oct 6, 2016
Truck Year
My warranty has been gone since 10500 so no loss there.

That's really unfortunate, was this officially void from FCA or just your local dealer?

Im not afraid of losing my warranty as I basically became a very good diesel mechanic from my old 6.0 powerstroke.

After ford screwed me with their lack of support I took it upon myself to make that truck reliable and let me tell you it was the best truck after the fact. Arp headstuds, aurora turbo 60 over injectors and I even got to tinker with the tuning a little.

I will say that after poking around the engine bay of my ecodiesel, it is very well thought out. I love the tyranny which is strong enough to handle some more boost. Much like the 5r110w my old 6.o had.

Just drive like a normal human and we should get some great reliability out of this little smoker.

Im glad that multiple shops are taking stabs at this little guy. Helps keep our resale up and gives a good reputation about its engineering.

Im really very happy with the overall build, these sure aren't the same old dodge trucks from yesteryear.

Thanks for responding to my first post y'all.

I can't wait to add some of my findings as I start to do bigger changes.

Ill update my signature soon enough!

Ty.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
My truck still has a limited warranty so basically Fca gets decide what they cover but thats the risk I took when I decided to tune it.