• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leveling Kit

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
I bought one about a year ago and have never installed it .Thinking about doing it myself instead of paying the shop to do it. Looks simple enough from the videos I've watched Anyone installed their own? How hard is it to do? Any tips or tricks you want to share?

John

Nov 13, 2015
I haven;t installed it on my ecodiesel, but I think you will be fine if you follow the instructions step by step. Be careful compressing the springs and of course you will need an alignment afterwards. What kit do you have?

Let us know when complete. Thanks

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I put the 5100 bilsteins on my ‘15. Just be careful with the spring compressors and you’ll be fine. It’s a pretty easy job. I don’t remember any big hang ups that would give you problems. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Oh, and don’t forget to adjust your headlights afterward. You will be blinding people if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
OK. I screwed up. I just don't know how badly. My leveling kit had no instructions in it. I watched a bunch of videos and figured I would be OK. I got it done (I'll post a picture in a minute). When I put the shocks back in, I didn't know I was supposed to turn the blocks 180 degrees. I lined them up and was only able to get two of the three bolts in. I figured I would tell the alignment shop, give them the bolts, and let them deal with those pesky third bolts. Then after I got it all back together I found out about the 180 thing. So on each front shock, I have two out of three bolts holding them in place. It doesn't shake. It makes no noises. It doesn't pull when braking. If I didn't know, I wouldn't be able to tell there were bolts missing. Do I really need to spend another whole day removing everything, turning things around, just for two bolts? It drives perfectly

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
leveled.jpg

Before I leveled it:

20171024_153838.jpg

John

Nov 13, 2015
I'm afraid you already know my answer but you wish you didn't. Yes you need the 3rd bolt.

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
I know I do. Gonna redo one side next Saturday, the other on Sunday

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks! I wish I would have known I had to turn the blocks around. I really don't want to take it apart again lol

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
And as of today, cordless tools to do it with instead of a ratchet and a breaker bar :D

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
I had a couple friends swing by and help me. It was amazing having a couple extra hands to do it. The job really does need two people to do it. One can do it, but what a PITA!!! I'm just glad it's safe again. I was almost sick over it

TrevorB

Sep 12, 2018
Truck Year
I put the 5100 bilsteins on my ‘15. Just be careful with the spring compressors and you’ll be fine. It’s a pretty easy job. I don’t remember any big hang ups that would give you problems. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Oh, and don’t forget to adjust your headlights afterward. You will be blinding people if not.

What setting did you use on the 5100’s? Do you like the ride of the bilsteins? Any pics? @Brady

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I used the second ring from the top, whatever that number is.... I want to say 1.7 or 1.9 ??? Personally I wouldn’t go any higher.

Installed:
bf8718df67bd5069b168d151df2b43c7.jpg

Sorry no before pic.

Boondocker

Jun 14, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
I used the second ring from the top, whatever that number is.... I want to say 1.7 or 1.9 ??? Personally I wouldn’t go any higher.

Installed:
bf8718df67bd5069b168d151df2b43c7.jpg

Sorry no before pic.

Looks good. I was thinking about installing a 3" leveling kit. Why are you recommending not going any more than 2"ish, have you felt a difference in geometry?