• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lots of questions

Doogie

Jun 12, 2018
Truck Year
I am very grateful to join this forum. I have a 2016 Ram 1500 with the eco diesel and I absolutely love it. It replaced my last vehicle that had almost 300k miles and I am expecting to get that much out of this truck. I will do most of my own maintenance and repairs. I have a few questions I am hoping you folks can answer for me.
  • Has anyone cleaned the soot out of the intake manifold without removing it? If so, how did you do that it?
  • Has anyone put in a secondary oil filter and does it really filter out the diesel particulates and keep the oil clean?
  • My truck with the tow package is rated to tow up to 8800 pounds. Has anyone tried towing more than that and what was that like?
I look forward to hearing from you all.

Doug

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome!

As far as cleaning the soot, not I have not. We have a few threads around here about an additional oil filters, search around and you'll find plenty of info and opinions.

As far as towing more.. just don't risk it. Likely the truck can handle it, but if you ever had a wreck and cause personal injury, that could be a problem if the truck is overloaded. If you towing right around the max for the EcoDiesel often, I would just upgrade to a bigger truck (IE 2500/3500).