• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lucas fuel treatment in a Ram Ecodiesel.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
John, I think he just developed the "misconception" about it through reading & not knowing.
I agree, his being new to the subject, I can understand his confusion. It took me awhile when I first became a diesel owner, and I made some wrong assumptions and statements as well. Hopefully we are helping him, I hope he doesn't view our responses as demeaning.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I agree, his being new to the subject, I can understand his confusion. It took me awhile when I first became a diesel owner, and I made some wrong assumptions and statements as well. Hopefully we are helping him, I hope he doesn't view our responses as demeaning.
I agree, I hope I didn't sound condescending because it certainly wasn't intended that way!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I agree, I hope I didn't sound condescending because it certainly wasn't intended that way!
I didn't think you were. You were very complete, plus added your personal uses.
However, he hasn't been back. Hope we didn't offend him, seems like a desirable member

Mar 24, 2022
Truck Year
No problem. I thought DEF meant, Diesel Enhancement Fluid. It should say Diesel exhaust enhancement, according.to your explanation. It says if I run out of the DEF, the Engine will shut down. Thats why I thought it mixed with the diesel. Thanks for your response.

SOMD_ECO

Jun 25, 2020
Truck Year
Eco diesel has a system that adds uretha and water (DEF) to the fuel to make it burn the fuel more efficiently. It increases the mpg and performance of the engine.
The DEF is added to the exhaust to cut down on NOx emissions. The ecodiesel is just a smaller engine, less weight in a half ton chassis, and that is why mileage is better.

Propaganda26

Feb 19, 2022
Truck Year
Thanks again. I really appreciate you taking time to respond. This is my first diesel and the Ecodiesel was new to me. I knew if you put the DEF in with the diesel by mistake that you couldn't run the truck without doing major damage to the engine. I buy the Lucas by the gallon and still had some left. I will get what you told me to get and keep you posted on how it works flo me.
I’ve used the additive many times without issue, Lucas makes a diesel specific additive called diesel deep clean. If your heart is set on Lucas then I would recommend that

Attachments

• 76FA7339-70D6-4C0E-AA71-48FF0F3B5C56.jpeg
    76FA7339-70D6-4C0E-AA71-48FF0F3B5C56.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 0

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Which link
I posted "Beware of SFT". it is a link. If you click on it, it becomes underlined and takes you to "why".