• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

mileage between oil changes and do i really have to use euro

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
Oil change intervals are based on Duty cycle. Under severe operating conditions the monitor could say "Change Oil" as early as 3500 Mi./ 5600 Km. 10.000 Mi./ 16.000 Km is absolute Max!!!
My Dealer tells me they use Pennzoil Euro L 5W- 30, at $20.-/L, Mopar Filter $40.-.
If I get the Oil change done at the Dealership the Oil is $12.-/L , Filter $30.- , complete Oil change $240.-
So far I found Mobil 1 ESP for $ 17./L at Canadian Tire and a local Shell Dealer will bring in Pennzoil for about $70. for a 6 Pack.
Cheers, SLT.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The computer will never calculate a change based on duty cycle that's solely operator discretion. So be aware of what you're doing to your engine. Better safe than sorry. And Shop around for oils that meet spec. It can be had much less than the $200 dealer oil change. Mine run about 80 for oil then either a $30 mopar filter or a $10 aftermarket

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
jdn112011
I just posted about the Oil change interval because I have read in other Posts that the recommended Oil change interval is 10.000 Mi. or 16.000 Km. The Manual tells me that the Oil change Indicator will alert me when it is Time to change the Oil and it is based on the severity of service
like short distance driving, extended idling, towing etc.
For the type of driving I do ,I would never leave the Oil the Engine for 10.000 Mi./16.000 Km. On the other Hand, I do not want to change the Oil
to soon if not necessary. I'll decide when I get there.
Unfortunately I do not have many choices for the availability of different Oil because of where I live. The only two approved Oils I have found are the one I a local Store, Mobil 1 ESP and the one from the Shell Agent, Pennzoil Euro L. I'll order two 6 packs tomorrow from Shell.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Personally, no matter what 10K should be the max you run on the oil just because anything more and Ram could give you a hard time with warranty if you needed it.

If you run it hard, tow really heavy, and just run the crap out of the truck then I would probably think about changing it between 5K ~ 7K.