• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

More problems....

Watersupply189

Nov 18, 2015
Well these truck problems seem to be across the board for most folks. I had to take my truck to the dealership yesterday for a mil to have the heat/coolant exchange valve replaced for a second time. They also replaced 2 nox sensors. Upon leaving the mil came on again and they hooked it up to the computer and they told me now its either the wiring harness or the computer! They replaced the computer and I almost got home and the dang mil came on again of course it was after closing so looks like I will be making another call to them again today. Has anyone else had this problem with their truck? I'm sorry I don't have the codes on me, the paperwork is at home....
I have 21,000 miles on mine and have taken it to the shop dozen of times either to have the O2, exhaust temp sensors and the heat/coolant exchange valve replaced.
I am thinking seriously on trading this truck in on a cummins. I love the mileage I am getting and I know I won't get that with any other truck......
2014 Lone Star Crew Cab 4x4, 6'4" bed with 3.55 gear.....

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It doesn't sound like the dealer is very knowledgeable around the EcoDiesel and are throwing parts at it guessing... I would start a case with Ram customer service in case the dealer can't get you on the right track.

Watersupply189

Nov 18, 2015
Actually they are very knowledgable and they fixed everything that was throwing codes on it. They mentioned awhile back that the computer wasn't acting correctly , did a flash update and started working ok. Then they ordered a new one for it and said they would hold onto it in case this problem happens again. Now it may look like a wiring problem after replacing the computer yesterday.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Actually they are very knowledgable and they fixed everything that was throwing codes on it. They mentioned awhile back that the computer wasn't acting correctly , did a flash update and started working ok. Then they ordered a new one for it and said they would hold onto it in case this problem happens again. Now it may look like a wiring problem after replacing the computer yesterday.

Makes sense... glad you have a good dealer. Not all are so lucky...