• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Most miles on a EcoDiesel

Mobile4

Jan 21, 2014
Who has seem the most miles on a EcoDiesel? Wondering if anyone has passed 100K yet?
I'm curious to see how well they are going to hold up with the emissions and other newer equipment.

DieselDude

Oct 9, 2013
Since you have no replies yet, I'm going to say my 20K will be the most right now. :D

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
its been very good, but I have always had a coolant leak, and every time I change my oil I add 1/2 gallon of antifreeze, since new. Since I installed a coolant filter the first week I bought it, I thought it might have been a spill, or my replacement from the filter, but to date I have added 5 gallons, so that was too much, and our coolant is very expensive. I drive through a lot of salt and soda ash and trona, and magnesium chloride, so I flush my entire truck quite frequently so I never saw the coolant leak trail until last week. It is coming from the very top two core joints where it meets the vertical side tank. It was leaking due to insufficient solder on the joint, ( barely any there ) also some shops warned me to check the new radiator from the dealer for the same problem, as they run into the same problem from 13 and up as well. the radiator was $225 which is the exact same price as the hemi and 3.7l and the thermostat and housing is $113. wow! im going to replace the radiator cap as well, and im going to flush the truck and switch to rotella elc coolant. (my choice)
the radiator and thermostat were special order from Denver and should be here today, not one company or dealer has one for my truck in the entire state. I will be making a video so others can check their own and be aware of what to look for before they run out of their warranty like me.
But if you are not adding ANY and I mean ANY your fine.
So far, pretty good and not much to complain about unless I hate great gas mileage.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
its been very good, but I have always had a coolant leak, and every time I change my oil I add 1/2 gallon of antifreeze, since new. Since I installed a coolant filter the first week I bought it, I thought it might have been a spill, or my replacement from the filter, but to date I have added 5 gallons, so that was too much, and our coolant is very expensive. I drive through a lot of salt and soda ash and trona, and magnesium chloride, so I flush my entire truck quite frequently so I never saw the coolant leak trail until last week. It is coming from the very top two core joints where it meets the vertical side tank. It was leaking due to insufficient solder on the joint, ( barely any there ) also some shops warned me to check the new radiator from the dealer for the same problem, as they run into the same problem from 13 and up as well. the radiator was $225 which is the exact same price as the hemi and 3.7l and the thermostat and housing is $113. wow! im going to replace the radiator cap as well, and im going to flush the truck and switch to rotella elc coolant. (my choice)
the radiator and thermostat were special order from Denver and should be here today, not one company or dealer has one for my truck in the entire state. I will be making a video so others can check their own and be aware of what to look for before they run out of their warranty like me.
But if you are not adding ANY and I mean ANY your fine.
So far, pretty good and not much to complain about unless I hate great gas mileage.

Holly crap!!!! What do you do that you have that many miles in such a short amount of time? How long do you plan to keep your truck 200k? 300-500k? Just curious.

If all goes well I hope to keep mine for 15 to 17 years. That should put me in the 350k to 450k miles range. This was the most expensive truck I've ever purchased and I hope to get my money's worth.

And to stay on topic. I'm a little under 1200 miles. Lol.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah I hope to get my moneys worth too. I deliver stuff too big for the fedex parcel guys. I own an entire brand new powertrain just in case anything happens, but I'm doing everything I can think of to make sure I can make it to 600k with out major failures. So far this truck is in serious competition with one other truck out of 14 others for the top spot

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah I hope to get my moneys worth too. I deliver stuff too big for the fedex parcel guys. I own an entire brand new powertrain just in case anything happens, but I'm doing everything I can think of to make sure I can make it to 600k with out major failures. So far this truck is in serious competition with one other truck out of 14 others for the top spot

With the EcoDiesel being still new, a spare powertrain system can't be cheap!

I know of Cummins/Duramax engines going that far with just basic maintenance. Let's hope the EcoDiesel can do it.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
A diesel engine idling for an hour uses as much fuel as if the vehicle had been driven 11 km (7 miles), on average. When it comes to maintenance, that same engine idling for an hour causes as much wear as if the vehicle had been driven 40 km (25 miles)

I notice you have 1110 hours idling. At 7 miles you put on 7,770 miles. As for wear, you can add 44,400 more miles. Not sure how accurate the above statement. Something to think about.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
@seiko you just stated in another Post for Fleet operators 350 hours to an oil change and at 25 miles/hour of wear that's 8750 miles. So not seriously that much of an increase over driving. @55MPH you'd put on 180 hours/10,000mi.
Calculate 10,000/350hr it's ~28mi.
But 350 hours Max on oil is very accurate as far as I'm concerned.

@moparecodiesel and Shawn I'm right on par with your operating hours. 1/3 are idle and the rest is drive. A little over 750 hours and just shy of 22,000 miles since last May. (My driving cut back a lot in recent months first 10k were in two months) but regardless ~500 Driving hours ~250 idle and 22k

I've had no problems at all. I've just changed the oil. Going on the 4th change next week.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Some of the info applied to Cummins Diesel and others were specific to the EcoDiesel.

The gist of the story and FCA says the same thing, not to idle long periods, specifically on the EcoDiesel. It also in their manuals for the EcoDiesel. So far, I haven't idled more than 10 minutes, but try to keep it under 5 minutes if weather permits.

Lynn Thompson

Jun 18, 2017
Truck Year
Who has seem the most miles on a EcoDiesel? Wondering if anyone has passed 100K yet?
I'm curious to see how well they are going to hold up with the emissions and other newer equipment.
I have 164000 on mine But I just got a code p203e so now im in a conundrum as to do a delete or replace the def tank I have a 2014 and my husband has a 2015 with 147000

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have 164000 on mine But I just got a code p203e so now im in a conundrum as to do a delete or replace the def tank I have a 2014 and my husband has a 2015 with 147000
US Miles or kilometers @Lynn Thompson ?

I have read a fix for the code is to drop the Def tank and just flush it with water to demineralize the deposits left on the tank sensor. And that is all it is. It's much less than replacing the Def tank, even less than a delete tune not to mention the exhaust work.

If you've made it that far with the emissions systems and all you have is a CEL for a Def fluid level sensor? Heck I wouldn't sweat it or be worried about deleting etc etc. Just wash the sensor or replace it and keep on driving.

Wally

Jul 26, 2017
Truck Year
Sorry, but I have a 21014 Ram Laramie crew cab eco with 89,000.

Lynn Thompson

Jun 18, 2017
Truck Year

I have read a fix for the code is to drop the Def tank and just flush it with water to demineralize the deposits left on the tank sensor. And that is all it is. It's much less than replacing the Def tank, even less than a delete tune not to mention the exhaust work.

If you've made it that far with the emissions systems and all you have is a CEL for a Def fluid level sensor? Heck I wouldn't sweat it or be worried about deleting etc etc. Just wash the sensor or replace it and keep on driving.
The

If you've made it that far with the emissions systems and all you have is a CEL for a Def fluid level sensor? Heck I wouldn't sweat it or be worried about deleting etc etc. Just wash the sensor or replace it and keep on driving.[/QUOT

The sensor is in the tank we did try that same deal

Lynn Thompson

Jun 18, 2017
Truck Year
Some of the info applied to Cummins Diesel and others were specific to the EcoDiesel.

The gist of the story and FCA says the same thing, not to idle long periods, specifically on the EcoDiesel. It also in their manuals for the EcoDiesel. So far, I haven't idled more than 10 minutes, but try to keep it under 5 minutes if weather permits.

I'm sad to say we do have to set for long periods of time in the cold and in the heat so we did idle our. That was one of the reasons to get a diesel and not a hemi for my dogs comfort . What does it do to them