• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Must have option? I'm about to pull the trigger

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
Hey everyone. Sold my 4Runner and am about to order a ED. Another guy on the fire dept has one and it's a nice truck. I'm going to order a Laramie crew cab 4x4 with the rambox. WhT other must have options should I get? I was thinking about the air suspension but replacing them once worn might be very costly. I don't tow much of anything and I don't want a sunroof. But what other options should be considered? Thanks in advance. .

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Rear view camera IMO. I don't have the park assist bumpers, which I'm glad for, but the camera is probably the most useful 'option' that I have.

Also a big fan of the power sliding rear window.

Edit* - both of which are probably standard on the Laramie, not sure.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Do the 8.4n with navigation and like you said delete the sunroof...also I dropped the center console as it was $600 and I didn't want it anyways. Sliding window is standard with laramie...unfortunately you can't get an extended range fuel tank with the eco, gasser only. I did the air suspension also and I love it it's truly my favorite feature on the truck second to the ramboxes. And I did go with the park sense with front and rear sensors...also did the convenience group which is nice I don't ever have to pull my keys out of my pocket...if you have any other questions let me know I ordered mine in may.

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
I highly recommend getting a limited slip differential. Hopefully it has this. The Ram rubber floor mats are great. The back seat floor mat is one continuous piece that goes from one side over the hump to the other side, so if someone sits in the middle with wet or snowy boots it still catches all the water. The rubber mats are good to ask the dealer to throw it in along with a complementary oil change or two. If you do carry heavy things from time-to-time, I would recommend the AirLift 1000's which are under $200.00.

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
My must haves have now grown, and I appreciate everyones feedback! I'm driving my dealer nuts trying to find the exact '15 truck, I may have to order a '16 now as they're not making '15s anymore. It surprises me how 'rare' a limited slip diff. is. I can see the ram box not being popular, but for me it's a must. I'm a volunteer firefighter and I have to have my gear and medical bags with me at all times along with some tools and they must be secured.

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
My must haves have now grown, and I appreciate everyones feedback! I'm driving my dealer nuts trying to find the exact '15 truck, I may have to order a '16 now as they're not making '15s anymore. It surprises me how 'rare' a limited slip diff. is. I can see the ram box not being popular, but for me it's a must. I'm a volunteer firefighter and I have to have my gear and medical bags with me at all times along with some tools and they must be secured.
Not only is this my first truck and a diesel at that, but it's also the first time that we have ordered a vehicle. If you have the time, get your rig outfitted the way you want! Don't be afraid to do an order. The only thing you really need to be aware of is that you will get whatever incentives or financing specials when the truck comes in, not when it's ordered... Not a big deal, because it's common sense, right? But I got confused at first.

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
You know I've been thinkin about your 'Must Haves' question, and I think much has been covered. Then it popped in my head, is there something that you don't want? And actually one thing that I'm not nuts about is that I have the Laramie with the projector beams, and I remember trying out a couple of 3D's back in Oct/Nov of last year after I got out of work so the sun went down fast, and the Big Horn I tried had the regular halogen quad style headlights which were better. It doesn't mean that the projector beams are bad, there just ok, or kinda crappy for a projector beam, which you expect more from. I don't know what the driving light options are for each trim level though so you would have to check on that.
I also got a rear defroster, but then ended up putting a cap on, so coulda saved some money there. Also didn't want the CD player, because every factory unit I've had would eventually crap out, and they cost so much money if you want to replace it with another factory unit. So now I'm either streaming (Pandora, TuneIn, etc.) or transferring from my iTunes library to either my phone or one of my kids iPods. Last (sorry, on a roll here) the chrome clad wheels are okay. I live in SoCal, and with the summer heat, and just the nature of hot brake dust flying off it makes small minute pits in the wheels, and pretty much are hard to get really nice as when new. If you can get polished aluminum you would fair better I think.

Limited2015

Aug 19, 2015
Truck Year
I was a little skeptical about the front and rear park assist, but I have found them to be extremely helpful... especially when parking in the garage. I only have about an extra 2 feet of space. When both sides light up red on the front, I know it's in far enough. Remains to be seen how well they'll work once they are coated in the dreaded white stuff. I also really like the automatic fold in mirrors for the same reason. Easier to get past when it's in the garage and my kids don't knock their heads on them.

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
I hear you about the projector beams. I did hear that the 16s may come with HID bulbs, which would be a plus. Also the stow and go rear seats would be a plus. I don't care for the sunroof, I shave my head, so that'd be a waste of $. I do want the parking assist, my wife has to borrow my vehicle from time to time, so any aid to help her is more than welcome! That poor minivan, not a straight panel on it. From the sounds of it I'm going to get most everything, the MSRP that I've been hovering at has been $55k. The dealer will come down to about $44k, before I start negotiating with the current incentives. I don't know what to expect to get them down to since they don't have it on there lot and we certainly haven't been able to find one that fits the bill, '15 that is.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
That is a good deal really, the msrp on my truck was 56 and dealer invoice was ~49 with about 3800 in holdbacks....I work for case which is under the fiat group so I get 1%under dealer net to start then all incentives on top. I think I was right about 44 then plus tax etc. Etc. I was otd at just under 50.

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
Well I get the truck tomorrow. They had to get it from another dealer about 100 miles away

Here's what it has from memory
Blue pearl with black interior
Laramie
4x4
Ecodiesel
3.55 limited slip
8.4 with nav
Rear defrost
Rambox
Convenience package
28h pkg
Side running boards
Sprayed bed
Parking sensors front rear
Tow hooks
Towing pkg.
Remote start
CD player
Rubber mats

Some of these things I could do without but it was hard to find this truck around here in NC

I'm getting 3m protection on the door handles and such as we'll as 4 oil changes all included

Thanks for everyone's advise! I'll post a pick or two when I get it

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
Also ordered a backrack for it which should be here in about a week.