• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My adventure with SofaKingTuned

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
OP, may want to top off your degas bottle and keep an eye on it, coolant looks low...

Thanks for your thread - a lot of good information that may help some folks out there.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
OP, may want to top off your degas bottle and keep an eye on it, coolant looks low...

Noticed this also! Topped it off last Thursday, it’s stayed the same since I’ve owned it, it was roughly half a gallon low.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
UPDATE.

Christmas came early!
17AE711D-9630-48D8-BECE-51635955F31D.jpeg

I should be slow at work tomorrow, going to try to install for my testing purposes at the course!

FYI this will be stage one only since I do daily drive this to work and need to remove and install for on road use!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys!
Didn’t get my egr plates in today. Had to rescue a boy at work with not so fortunate luck. I’ll try to get them in tomorrow!

averaged 21 on the way to work when before I was getting 18 on the evic but the truck and trailer tow has rendered this tank of fuel information useless for my work commute 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’ll top off and try to get some more accurate info!

The truck pulls incredible with the tunes installed. I did the manual shift mode. I guess my motor is lugging lightly and tripping P04db code when I tow with my 35’s on. I also passed a fellow eco owner and got the thumbs up!1D326D0B-6848-44A7-B126-2AEA39F2CD88.jpeg

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
UPDATE.

I have discovered a FLAW with one of the items included in my SKT order....

The included sticker is all black background, it won’t look right on my shop fridge if I take it off the white.

This could easily be resolved with a white style sticker or possibly one of their nice metal emblems in my next order that should ship out soon.🙃

hint hint jimmy

24FD3658-3642-46E4-918D-246857A16BA0.jpeg

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Pulled egr tube with roughly 500 miles since cleaned... I think it’s safe to say my egr crapped out. Degas tank dropped also9E0F69DD-6EFD-436F-9022-EBBF1DD3042E.jpeg

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
I currently have not installed the tune yet. I will be doing stage 1 install and transmission tune install tonight when I get home and posting results. I ordered the ecu touch screen so I can tune easier. (Communication by email takes a little long but they’re awesome and full of information.) The handheld will be nice for trips to the dealer if it ever needs to for aem and egr recall so I get warranty. I want to switch to stock and get aem done and egr replaced when it’s available and as soon as I get in the truck flash it back to disable egr. I plan to leave the truck dpf system in tact so i DONT piss my neighbors off lol.

I deleted my DPF and the exhaust fumes aren’t bad at all. The exhaust noise is virtually the same. PITA to do but worth it, if you’re deleting the EGR. Otherwise, the DPF will clog.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I deleted my DPF and the exhaust fumes aren’t bad at all. The exhaust noise is virtually the same. PITA to do but worth it, if you’re deleting the EGR. Otherwise, the DPF will clog.
Dpf will clog with stage 1? I don’t want a lot of cab noise. Exterior noise won’t be a big deal if it’s around the same as factory

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Dpf will clog with stage 1? I don’t want a lot of cab noise. Exterior noise won’t be a big deal if it’s around the same as factory

I missed that part. I’m not 100% certain but, I’d have to imagine it has similar effects on the DPF. There are two parts to the EGR; the front tube “diffuser” that you’ll be blocking off, and the EGR that bolts on to the rear manifold. I’ve never understood the point of bypassing one, and not the other. I understand it disrupts the loop, but, ultimately, those gases will travel into the EGR cooler; a part known to crack under normal engine operating temperatures. In my humble opinion, it’s Stage 2 or nothing. I guess if you’re cooler is still running strong, you should be fine.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I missed that part. I’m not 100% certain but, I’d have to imagine it has similar effects on the DPF. There are two parts to the EGR; the front tube “diffuser” that you’ll be blocking off, and the EGR that bolts on to the rear manifold. I’ve never understood the point of bypassing one, and not the other. I understand it disrupts the loop, but, ultimately, those gases will travel into the EGR cooler; a part known to crack under normal engine operating temperatures. In my humble opinion, it’s Stage 2 or nothing. I guess if you’re cooler is still running strong, you should be fine.
All good. I didn’t know If I missed something in the process of reading about tunes and turning stuff on and off. I’ve opted to only block the egr tube until this egr recall is handled. Once I have a new egr installed I plan to undo all the cluster fca has installed on the motor.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
All good. I didn’t know If I missed something in the process of reading about tunes and turning stuff on and off. I’ve opted to only block the egr tube until this egr recall is handled. Once I have a new egr installed I plan to undo all the cluster fca has installed on the motor.

Sound decision brother. Ride that warranty/ recall all you can!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
500 MILE UPDATE

Hello to everyone!

it’s been a little over 500 miles on my SFK tuned eco, just hit 134k on the odometer. Truck is more of a beast than what it was new! I can’t believe the difference clicking a few buttons on a touch screen did!! I don’t know why I waited so long to invest into my investment. But it is truly worth it. My regen time average is growing slowly and also my distance between regen mileage is better. My self destruct tube is blocked off when I’m not on the roadways and she is much more responsive and honestly she sounds a little meaner when you push the accelerator!! I will post a before and after screen shot comparison of my dpf screen on my app tomorrow. Mileage gains I can’t report to, 51 of that was pulling my boss’ 2 ton tilt trailer with ford ranger on it for 10 miles. Pulled great! I had to shift with the wheel switches. Second gear kinda lugs and threw a temporary P04db, but keeping first in longer and manual shifting seemed to fix the issue. I wanna contact jimmy and see if he can increase my pressures for towing to keep it in the needed gear longer. But anywho, I’m gonna fill up Thursday, as I should be done pulling trailers on this tank full, to get an accurate figure!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well I have to say my experience with the transmission tuner is completely different! I can't get any of it to work and am extremely frustrated with the process. I will assume operator error as the laptop I am using is older and I am not familiar with windows operating systems .
I think it will work out but I will have to probably take a day off of work and be coached over the phone. Hopefully the owner(Jimmy?) is patient.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Well I have to say my experience with the transmission tuner is completely different! I can't get any of it to work and am extremely frustrated with the process. I will assume operator error as the laptop I am using is older and I am not familiar with windows operating systems .
I think it will work out but I will have to probably take a day off of work and be coached over the phone. Hopefully the owner(Jimmy?) is patient.
Have you downloaded the software?
jimmy is very patient he dealt with me hahahaha
Give me a shout next time you fiddle with it I’ll try to help too.

cozycabin

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
UPDATE.

This morning I noticed a little surge before warned up I have never noticed before. Not sure if tune related, erg unplugged And not blanked off, or a sensor dirty. I’m hoping my map sensor is dirty.
mine does the same thing after my tune was redone several times for errors on their part. Now when it's cold, it does that drop out/ surge right after starting and once when I had to get going, started and pretty much immediately accelerated. I've not had a good experience in any shape or form, it's been a curse really. Last redo was because my truck with "high idle" feature would not release when in drive, I'd have to fight it down my steep drive and to avoid going straight in the street. When I let off the brake it drove 30 mph uphill on its own. I was not warned of the problem by SFT. That along with many other things made me pretty furious. my first trip of the day is with 3 kids 7 & under in the car. I want to know if you tuned my car to kill me. Before I have to let you know. Of course they knew and had the fix, they didn't come to me in the warm months before faulty "high idle" was a factor, and if you see my driveway, a factor that could put my truck in a ravine with my kids still getting their belts on.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks! I worked on it till way past my bedtime last night, erased all data and started from scratch and I at least got a file to attach to the email. Fingers crossed!! :)

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
mine does the same thing after my tune was redone several times for errors on their part. Now when it's cold, it does that drop out/ surge right after starting and once when I had to get going, started and pretty much immediately accelerated. I've not had a good experience in any shape or form, it's been a curse really. Last redo was because my truck with "high idle" feature would not release when in drive, I'd have to fight it down my steep drive and to avoid going straight in the street. When I let off the brake it drove 30 mph uphill on its own. I was not warned of the problem by SFT. That along with many other things made me pretty furious. my first trip of the day is with 3 kids 7 & under in the car. I want to know if you tuned my car to kill me. Before I have to let you know. Of course they knew and had the fix, they didn't come to me in the warm months before faulty "high idle" was a factor, and if you see my driveway, a factor that could put my truck in a ravine with my kids still getting their belts on.
I’m sorry to hear about this! Mine appears to drop the idle a bit when I press the brake and it returns to normal when I change gears. My idle is around 5-6mph on my semi flat driveway. My surge was egr related

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
UPDATE.

Took the car to work. Got home and decided to take the truck to my service call. 28 outside so I remote started the rig. Let it idle 5 minutes. Turned onto my road and got 500ft from driveway going down the road and all the sudden motor stumbled for a second, diesel preheat in process popped up for a second then went away. No errors or pending codes since. The truck wasn’t plugged in nor is my grill cover on. Not sure if it was from flashing my touchscreen ecu to read my file to get my stock and stage 2 from jimmy or what but no problems since. Prob a glowplug or relay acting a fool! 600 miles on the tune so far and it’s been great! 0FB69E1A-9F1B-40FA-8BF3-1B8539365F90.pngB7074674-CD44-4880-BFF1-202F9D91DEA2.png862B2B71-0641-47B8-84AD-EAEEEB5E7AB5.png

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
UPDATE.

hand calculated mileage with 51 miles towing and 348 of semi aggressive combination highway/ city driving hand calculated 19 mpg! Better than 17-18 I averaged before! Plus no fire bomb tube attached anymore!923CAB8F-829F-4155-935E-E230FC477C30.jpeg68157597-0779-4E4C-9BBD-BC7D7BFA3690.jpeg

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

Thanks for the offer! I have thoroughly enjoyed your post! I finally got everything figured out, receive my file and loaded it in to my truck this afternoon, went for a quick drive and everything seems to work. Your experience was very helpful, much appreciated. Didn't get enough miles in to really know anything but it does seem to be a little peppier.