• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My adventure with SofaKingTuned

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I also had a gear shift issue, mine when pulling a “heavy” (7-9k) load would lug and throw a P04db code. If you go into your transmission tuner and look into your clutch values menu, I reset mine approximately 3 times and I haven’t had an issue since. It seems as if the tune is telling it when to shift most efficiently but the trans itself doesn’t want to do they fight each other. Once truck is back home I plan to change transmission fluid and filter and reset values with fresh fluid and drive a nice long trip empty to let it relearn. My def has also increased. But if I spend an extra 4$ a month to prevent my egr from setting my truck on fire I consider it a fair trade. Def useage was normal at first and has gradually increased so my stage 2 is going to come in the next 1k miles once delete test pipe comes in!

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Mine was under light to moderate load & throttle & more like it wanted & needed to downshift & just wouldn't do it, then it would drop a gear & come on like gangbusters, back in the old days it would have been a balancing act between throttle pressure & governor pressure, that was old school transmissions, hoping they get it figured out, do you have the handheld tuner? I wasn't aware I could look at the transmission tuning parameters and change anything, I'd be afraid of screwing something up.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah I bought trans handheld tuner. It’s got a menu for resetting clutch pressures. It helped me a great deal in shifty shifting. It’s not nessasarily the tune your modifying, but the trans your resetting to cooperate with the new shifting parameters. This trans isn’t a kick down cable type of shift, it’s “ecm wants this, tcm wants this, but my body is used to this, lemme try to balance myself” by resetting clutch values, it’s telling the trans that this is your new standards to shift, learn to follow them.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I'm gonna have to take a look at the clutch values, I'd like to be able to tweak the 3rd gear issue a little, but won't unless I can figure it out to the gnats azz. When I was doing transmissions I always did necessary mods to add clutch plates, installed a shift kit & often increased line pressure. A lot of times, especially on turbo 250, 350 & 400 the governor would get knew springs. I always liked a very quick positive shift, and from the factory they were designed to "slide" into the next gear increasing clutch & band slippage because of excessive overlap.
That's what I like about the ZF with the tune. the shifts are quick and positive.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
My square body has a built trans wirh shift kit and 1800 stall, when it shifts between first and second it gets pretty violent when I’m in the upper rpms haha but it’ll break traction when she shifts from 1-2

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Well I’m going on a month and a half without my baby and damn does it suck. Went to pick it up the Friday before last and there was half an inch of water under the rear seat and the headliner hadn’t been replaced. Shop ordered headliner and had to remove windshield to install new headliner when it comes in so it doesn’t get creased. They found the rear glass was improperly seated and corrected that issue. New headliner should be in this Wednesday so hopefully I can pick up my baby then. Had to break my old second gen out of hibernation to pull my ole lady’s car to the track and I forgot how bad it sucks to have manual windows😂😂 2001 1500 base model 4x4 with 202k on her and still pulls strong though! Let’s hope my 2014 lasts this long!!
E5394108-FD97-481B-B65B-0D6D9FEF679C.jpeg
3FA9B0E5-7DD3-4BE8-A79B-C10DC7A40B5D.jpeg

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Well just picked up my truck today from the body shop. Been a month and a half waiting. Get home and the truck throws a p24af code. Who fucking ray so guess where the truck is going back to because I never had an issue until it got dropped off.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well just picked up my truck today from the body shop. Been a month and a half waiting. Get home and the truck throws a p24af code. Who fucking ray so guess where the truck is going back to because I never had an issue until it got dropped off.

Maybe it just missed you..

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
@BoosN I wish that was the case. Every time I take my truck anywhere it comes back messed up. I dropped the truck off less than 24 hours after pickup, the xm antenna is messed up causing an error message on the radio, cel is on I’m sure since it went from 50+ miles a day to sitting for a month and a half in a dusty body shop, the exhaust sat and corroded some shit. All in all they did 8k worth of work to it. Surprised it wasn’t totaled. All from a damn dead tree limb. Body shop reset codes / ecm before I picked it up I’m sure they left it idling and it threw code so they reset it. FBBFFB36-7E80-4C06-9CE0-671C51DFE5BB.png3C03F7BA-6EDB-459C-A2BC-02133101DAD4.jpeg

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I just sent SFT an email, my truck is stage 1 tuned & it's still drinking DEF like a mad man with a full keg, I've put in over 10 gallons in less than a month, right now we're doing over 1100 miles a week, I put in ten gallons last weekend & it showed full, & it's at about 60% right now. The truck runs great except for the DEF.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Well, stopped by the body shop since having to return my truck for warranty body repair about a week after I got it back. Tree fell on it setember first, this photo was Wednesday. Apparently once they cut the top off, it’ll never reseal so it will leak water forever. I love my eco, I love the tune, but after the past 4 months of not having it, I’m wondering if I will keep once I get it back. 1DC0FFE5-B3A5-4931-92FD-8EEDCB1103B8.jpeg

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Apparently “the rear glass is a one time use item, once it’s removed it should be replaced” per the body shop. The tech that did the work transferred to a different site, but apparently missed a bunch of seam seals. I think they don’t want to eat the loss of redoing the top of the cab.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Apparently “the rear glass is a one time use item, once it’s removed it should be replaced” per the body shop. The tech that did the work transferred to a different site, but apparently missed a bunch of seam seals. I think they don’t want to eat the loss of redoing the top of the cab.
The heck with them, they took short cuts or supplied substandard work, then they need to develop a big appetite!
Feed it back to em!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Update!!
Got my truck back from the body shop, hopefully no more water issues. The past 5 months have been hell borrowing other people’s trucks but I survived. Due to my truck sitting I believe the dpf sensor has corroded over. I had the code thrown back in October when I went to pick it up, I cleared it and never had an issue. Picked it up yesterday and got it three times. I’m going to force a regen when I get my scan tool back ans reset code and hope like heck it stays gone. They let it idle for 4 hours while they had it so I’m sure the exhaust is near full and not reading correctly.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have a feeling that with a little effort you will get it running just like it should!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
UPDATE.

for the past year and 15k I have ran the sofaking stage 1 tune. I would have continued to run stage 1 but I made a promise to myself that when I started getting emission related codes I would full delete. Wellllllll based on my opinion and through no apparent fault of sofaking, I got a code. Now I believe this code is a result from the truck being in the body shop sitting for around 5 months with 4 hours of idling. I told myself last night I would pull all the sensors and check them, but If they fought me I was gutting the damn thing. Well it fought me lol so now I’m stage 2 fully deleted. I used my touch screen tuber and it worked flawlessly. Took about 2 minutes to swap tunes. The exhaust removal is pretty straight foreword but do yourself a favor and grab a new v band for the exhaust. My dealer had two in stock

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
UPDATE. Just hit 153k! Running stage 2 since 136k I believe. Diesel exhaust smell in cab when remote starting, pretty sure it’s from reusing the v band exhaust gasket. Truck doesn’t mis a beat! Fuel mileage with 35’s is 20-23 depending. But she got a bath today! A75F1A3B-65CC-46FA-B925-0A91D42D6FB2.jpeg