• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

nees help with purches on a 2017 eco diesel

split29

Sep 29, 2019
hey guys want your input. dealer near me has brand new 2017 eco diesels for huge discout they have the works for around 30k. im in the market for a truck and am considering one. what are your experinse with these engines are they the turds people make them out to be? one of my worries is the throttle lag is that fixable with a pettel commander or does it need to be tunes out. should I just go for a hemi

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome to the group they are no problems if u get a good one but most r a piece of crap it will either burn or put a hole in the block a hemi is great if u own a gas station

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No matter how good of deal ,its risky, No longer make replacement Parts or engine, Italy is a LONG ways, No tuning, and you only have Factory Warranty.
The aftermarket is going to be NO help.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Great truck, great motor unless you are unlucky and get a lemon. If the price is right I would go for it.

split29

Sep 29, 2019
no parts for a 2017. and I know something is going on with gde tune but there others out thwr right?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Split29, You will find despite the quagmire the 3.0 is in, many owners have blinders on, It has the highest failure rate that I have seen since the 80s, its manufactured overseas, its assembly is done in a rats nest of old outdated tooling. its current OP cannot get out of its way when cold, its over engineered and under developed.

If it was a limited 4x4 with ever option 30K is an OK price, Ask yourself this question why cannot the Dealer have moved it sooner.

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
I Paid 35,000 +++ for a 15 with 78k longhorn, vary nice truck. had no problems for 4 mouths, 6000 miles. Had the reprograming done. 2 week later, limp mode. It has been out of service all but 2 days since July 17th.

I bought a diesel for durability and longevity, ecodiesel is neither.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
September of last year leather int back up camera 6ft bed crew cab win door locks every thing bur no sun roofing fact the price was35.700also 4wd

Last edited:

split29

Sep 29, 2019
sounds like id be better of with a hemi from what ive been reading in thw froum. looks like 90% of the problems.come.from the epa shit and the other 10 from bad engineering

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would agree bad engineering on the EPA ***** 50% , the other 50% on VM Cento.

Hwy miles it seems to do well, DD use not so good.