• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New DEF & Fuel caps

EcoDEric

Nov 19, 2016
Truck Year
Where are the new caps available? The plastic fuel cap will get lost quickly. My 2016 DEF cap is tethered, so not worried about it.
I have never understood why the FUEL stock cap is a plastic plug.

Michael Stief

May 29, 2017
Truck Year
Where are the new caps available? The plastic fuel cap will get lost quickly. My 2016 DEF cap is tethered, so not worried about it.
You can get them on Amazon

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year

Because it is a capless system. You don't need a cap at all. I have the green one like in the photo because I don't like the idea of it. However, the plastic plug for a cap will work just fine

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
Until you wash some road krud down into the tanks ...instant fuel filter cloged

TwoLabsDad

Aug 20, 2017
Truck Year
I replaced both with metal caps. Very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

JMF157

Jan 11, 2019
Truck Year
Ordered and received these Thursday for the new truck. Much better IMO!

Ronin Factory COMBO PACK - Magnetic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073HZP9HK/?tag=jhdiesel-20
I purchased the same thing for my 2016. The DEF cap is tethered but the fuel cap is not so I went to Home Depot and purchased 18" of plastic coated wire rope and a set of ferrules. I was able to use the hole in the fuel door and the crown on this billet cap to make a custom tether. Now if the cap slips out of my gloved hand, it will not fall to the ground and get lost or chipped.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

JVF

Jan 5, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Purchased the aluminum billet for the Diesel filler. I'll stick to the original for DEF. I've read Aluminum and DEF don't get along. I like the locking caps but IMO too pricey. Maybe in future a locking door will be in order.