• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Ecodiesel owner

Waggie

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
Hi all, just finished a deal on a 2016 Laramie 1500 Ecodiesel! I'll be picking it up on Thursday once all of the extras are put on. No stranger to diesels, but this will be my first Ram! Looking forward to reading and learning all the tips & tricks to these trucks! My dad has had a1500 Longhorn for almost a year now and is loving it!

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Congratulations on your sweet new ride!

Waggie

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
I've been a Duramax man now for about 12 years, and I was waiting for them to come out with tier 1/2 ton diesel, but I got tired of waiting. Looking forward to seeing what it can and can't do!! LOL!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've been a Duramax man now for about 12 years, and I was waiting for them to come out with tier 1/2 ton diesel, but I got tired of waiting. Looking forward to seeing what it can and can't do!! LOL!

What year Duramax did you own? They are great trucks.

Waggie

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
I've had an 2004 LLY, currently have a 2011 LML, and trading off my 2013 for the eco diesel. I also used to run a couple of 6.5's and early duramaxes.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
and I was waiting for them to come out with tier 1/2 ton diesel, but I got tired of waiting.

GM transfer here as well. I was waiting on the 4.5L Dmax. If that engine would've been produced, I wouldn't be here today. But after a half year or so in the EcoD, I'm glad I pulled the trigger. Just remember tho, especially coming from the heavy trucks, these aren't a 3/4ton. Welcome & enjoy the truck!

D. Bloomfield

Jan 19, 2016
Truck Year
Glad your giving this truck a try. Have had mine almost two years. I have been impressed from day one. I towed approximate 10000 lbs. No problem. Drove to Florida with light load in bed. 75 mph average speed. 27 mile to gallon.

Wife refuses to drive it or she would have one also.

Waggie

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
Well got the new Ecodiesel home last night! I gotta say I am QUITE impressed with the look of this truck! I went with a supposedly new color for this year, Maximum steel metallic. Looks awesome, depending on where you look at it from, it could be blue, or dark grey, even purple!! The girl at the fuel station thought it looked dark green!

Attachments

• Ram3.JPG
    Ram3.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Ram02.JPG
    Ram02.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Ram 1.JPG
    Ram 1.JPG
    389.3 KB · Views: 22

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Looks great. I like the color choice as well.. I'm a huge fan of any gray color though, so I'm a little biased. :D

Post new threads with any questions you may have!

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Hey, it the same colour as mine. Yes, it black forest with a green pearl. You can notice the green pearl colour in the sun. My wife loves it, drives it and thinks it great.

I just pick up the mud flaps, got the rear install, still have to do the front. Towing a trailer so flaps are a must.

If it wasn't for the chrome wind stuff, it would look like mine. I'm curious, Do they really cut down wind noise?

See my signature for details. We are neighbours, I'm in Calgary, AB, you got saskatchewan plates?

Last edited:

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year