• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New gde tune

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
Hey all. I just ordered to the new gde tune and I wanted to start a thread for discussion about how it goes. I know they have been around for a while and I want to give them the benoit off the dout with their new tune. I have a couple of things to bring up from the get-go; I didn't see a cold idle option which is a little disappointing to me as I am up in the foothills of the salt lake valley. Please let me know if I missread that. And the other thing I wanted to bring up was to ask/see if the EGR is shut down or at least turned down. Does anyone know? FYI I just got my first ecodiesel, a 2016 with just 39k miles. I am hoping this will be a truck I keep for a long time, 10+ years. I will let you all know how it goes.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
My guess GDE was busy making the Tune compliant, It may Just Ramp Idle, You would have to ask GDE, No way on the EGR Shutdown.

Check this page out https://greendieselengineering.com/fca-eco-diesel-3-0l-v6-performance-fuel-economy/

Glad to see GDE step up on this, Keith If you would have taken My advice 4 Years Back you would have save yourself much heartache and your Banks account would be showing it. You should ask yourself what have .xxx done for Ya...lately.

Reactions: Mac

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for the link. Reading between the lines, in lamens terms, it seems that it shuts the gre down to 25% maybe? Anyway, still excited to try the tune.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It will be good, GDE probably will have added features in the Future. I look forward to your review.

jsasada81

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
My new GDE tune will be here tomorrow 6/25. Will certainly keep everyone posted.

SOMD_ECO

Jun 25, 2020
Truck Year
Mine is about to be delivered but the truck is going in for the recall tomorrow. Hopefully they won't have it too long.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
We are compiling the tunes now. We will be building customer tunes later next week. Thanks for the patience. The tune is more powerful than the older tune and drivability is the same as older tunes. It takes care of 95% of FCA issues. The other 5% are hard part problems FCA has that we can't address.

lowcountryreddirt

May 27, 2020
Truck Year
Got my GDE package Wed and uploaded the stock info last night. Looking forward to the new tunes. Thanks in advance.

jsasada81

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Ok friends. My new GDE emissions compliant tune is installed. Initial thoughts are very positive. Installation is very simple and straightforward. The instructions are spot on.

I immediately noticed the following:
  • Engine seems quieter
  • Shifts are much quicker
  • Holds 8th gear wayyyyy better
  • Dead pedal feel is gone
  • Lag is gone
I am leaving for a 1,600 mile trip tomorrow. I will report back with a more detailed post. This will be a great test for the new tune.

Thanks GDE for what you guys are doing.

Rampage Roommate

Jan 22, 2018
Truck Year
I found just the opposite for the instalation. My tool arrived Friday with absolutely no instructions. I has to go to a link I found from a post on another forum to begin the procedure. It had a link in step one to what it said was the software needed so my computer could communicate with the tool. The link took me to GDE's Google drive that had two folders and two files, none of which was an obvious choice to what I was looking for. After emailing GDE for clarification I was directed to the correct file. When I started the download, both my Windows Defender and Norton Antivirus blocked it and Norton even deleted it but allowed an empty file to download. I went to delete the empty file and I'm given the message that I need administrative permissions to do so...which I have. Then the web site went down for the weekend so I was unable to do anything and that's where I am. To its credit, GDE was very quick to respond to my emails but doesn't know what the problem could be. Apparently, the file was created by a third party which also makes the tool for GDE. So that's where I am now. Left with the choice to try again and run the risk that I'll get another empty that I can't delete. Or turn my antivirus off and download a file that it says is dangerious. Anyone else have any advice as to what I should do?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Disregard your antivirus.. I would disabled it and then continue on.

Yes, Why should GDE pay Norton or Microsoft Blood Money? for Files that are already good, You already own the machine and software License....As long as Humans want to be lead around by a bull nose ring Microsoft and its Partners will suck on your bank account for as long as you allow it

bherde

Jul 8, 2020
Truck Year
If you are going to disable your antivirus and download anyway, I would suggest you get GDE to provide you with a checksum for the file and validate before opening the file.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
If you are going to disable your antivirus and download anyway, I would suggest you get GDE to provide you with a checksum for the file and validate before opening the file.
The software our customers download is from Alientech, the flash tool manufacturer. I am not sure how a checksum of their software would validate it. They have used the same software for 5 years now for many tuning companies, not just GDE.

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
Being that I went to the file itself and that it is from a trusted source, GDE, I just disregarded the antivirus warnings and download it. It has worked fine thus far, although I’m about to go in and get the Ecr recall this week before I finally upload the new software. I would just double check to make sure that you’re at the GDE site, but then go ahead and download.

bherde

Jul 8, 2020
Truck Year
The software our customers download is from Alientech, the flash tool manufacturer. I am not sure how a checksum of their software would validate it. They have used the same software for 5 years now for many tuning companies, not just GDE.
If there is a doubt as to the integrity of any file, a checksum can be used to confirm that the file you have is indeed the file you want without any alterations. A false positive from an antivirus is not uncommon, but if you want to be sure, that is how you do it.

TooClose Racing

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
jsasadaxs tune review above stated that his truck is 1) shifting quicker, and 2) holding 8th gear (OD if you will...) much better. Was just curious if this is new feature of the GDE performance tune or did the gentlemen also buy GDE's tranny tune? I have the "old school" GDE performance only tune and that is about my only gripe, everything else is great. I press mercilessly on that gear shift + button somtimes trying to get my truck to shift after I'm at speed. Thanks....

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
jsasadaxs tune review above stated that his truck is 1) shifting quicker, and 2) holding 8th gear (OD if you will...) much better. Was just curious if this is new feature of the GDE performance tune or did the gentlemen also buy GDE's tranny tune? I have the "old school" GDE performance only tune and that is about my only gripe, everything else is great. I press mercilessly on that gear shift + button somtimes trying to get my truck to shift after I'm at speed. Thanks....
The new tune is a combo engine and trans tunes with one OBD flash tool to install both. Works very well!

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
Finally got the tune installed and definitely noticed better performance and mpg’s. The install was a little bit of work, but if you can follow instructions and know how to use a pc, it’s pretty easy. So far so good.