• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy with Jeep GC EcoDiesel

Bryan

Jun 15, 2016
Truck Year
Hello all,
This looks like a well moderated and civil site!
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel 4x4 that I really like. However, it's been in the dealership for 3 weeks. At about 28k miles it suddenly got loud like a regular diesel and the power "off the line" faded a bit. I took it to the dealership within a few days of the noise and it's been there ever since. They replaced the HPFP and the noise persisted. Chrysler corporate (STAR? Program) got involved and I've been told there's a bigger problem. Sounds like the exhaust camshaft gear slippage I've read about.
Feedback would be great.
Thanks

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey Bryan,

Welcome to the forum. I might be biased but I'd say we're the best run EcoDiesel community there is. :D

Hate to hear that about your Jeep.. keep us updated.

Bryan

Jun 15, 2016
Truck Year
Dealer contacted me this Friday (June 17) and said the GC was still down. He said they are going to follow corporate STAR advice and install new timing chain tensioners and see if this helps with the noise. (Really? They've already replaced the HPFP and evidently the HPFP drive system) Even the service manager doesn't think this will help. Service manager suggested I call Chrysler corporate and file a claim. According to SM, going into the fourth week without progress on the engine is a big problem. I received a case number from Chrysler corporate and they will be back with me on Monday.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Dealer contacted me this Friday (June 17) and said the GC was still down. He said they are going to follow corporate STAR advice and install new timing chain tensioners and see if this helps with the noise. (Really? They've already replaced the HPFP and evidently the HPFP drive system) Even the service manager doesn't think this will help. Service manager suggested I call Chrysler corporate and file a claim. According to SM, going into the fourth week without progress on the engine is a big problem. I received a case number from Chrysler corporate and they will be back with me on Monday.
Doesn't sound good. Let's hope you can get somewhere with customer service.