• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member, 2016 eco

Joeecodiesel

Jan 18, 2020
Truck Year
Howdy
New guy here with a 2016 Laramie eco diesel , have about 150,000 mi. Have had ok luck with my truck. Had it about 2 years and had some repairs in that time period. Right now tackling a glow plug (#3) and cleaning egr tube etc . Next attempting the water pump. Hoping to find some guidance here in tough times . Thanks in advance 😄

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome!
Did your glow plug give you a DTC?
I've detected a missfire on startup when cold but it goes away quick and theres no codes.

rpols7

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 also and my #3 went bad ( set CEL for cyl 3 glow plug) I sprayed it down for a few days while still using the truck. I used a 5/16 6 point socket ( I believe 8 MM is the same ). You need to keep working it in and out . When it gets tight screw it back in and then back out a little more. Do this until its out. I used a 1/4 ratchet as to not have to much leverage. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BREAK IT OFF. The other issue I had was my snap on socket would not fit over the electrical part of the glow plug due to the socket construction. If you buy the glow plug first and can make sure that you have a socket that fits.

Joeecodiesel

Jan 18, 2020
Truck Year
Great thank you for the tips! Yes there was a code for plug #3. I don’t remember it off the top of my head but will run it again soon and post it here