• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New owner

Frank Dinahue

Dec 1, 2021
Truck Year
Hello all! Just recently bought a 2021 1500 Ecodiesel 4x4 crew cab. Haven’t even put 1000 miles on it yet. Wanted a decent tow vehicle for lightweight trailer. Never owned a diesel before so lots to learn. One thing of concern is all the talk about engine failures. I was under the impression that the recent iteration of the 3.0 was doing very well. I’d appreciate any insight as to experience with this newest version, and any advice on how to best maintain mine to avoid issues. So far I love how it drives, rides, and feels. I have the Laramie and it it very comfortable, even with my two grown children in the back seats. The mileage has been all over the place - as indicated by the dash monitor numbers - and I’m hoping to start seeing it settle into a 25+ mpg pattern. Any ideas and experience welcome.
Thanks,
Frank

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome Frank!

We had a similar question just a few days ago: