• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to forum But Not to Diesels

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I am Todd I moved over Here form the Ram1500 forum ,I could NO longer tolerate the cheerleading The mods At that Forum practices....After I ask The Mods to delete My account they Banned Me, I'm not surprised .I have in-depth Knowledge on the 3.0 its behavior and characteristics. look forwarded to exchanging info... Any question(s) I will do My best to answer.

u130747

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome over here Todd. Not as active as other forum but good info. Banned!!!! I don't understand.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep.. I called the Mods out several times... They were greeting NEW members with the Welcome and get GDE tune, GDE is one of the site sponsors.....Welcoming New Members and telling them to void their warranty NOT to mention the Tune breaks Judicial Law..The Law States when you alter or change any operation of the vehicle that alters the certification the product must be accompany by Warning label. It is my understanding this warning does NOT accompany their products (GDE)
If You want to modify your truck You are welcome to do so IMO , I feel it should be stated that you (May) void your warranty and according to the law, the off road use only label should be placed on all product that violate the Law.. Then its the owners responsibility to use based on proper knowledge .
I and others have been working with Ram to change the Spec on MS11106 ( Which now has been dropped and T-6 approved) for 15 months, I New a change was coming I was just waiting for the official notification to post it, GDE posted a memo and the Mods praised them (GDE) for all the hard work in getting T-6 approved....... GDE DID NOTHING NOR DID THEY PUBILICLY DENOUNCING MS11106 PRIOR TO THE CHANGE....All they did was jump on BOARD after the approval....That's it.. I asked the mods to delete My account What do they do, they Banned Me and placed the ban notice under my ID..(*&^&=.

GDE also commented on a EGR thread.... posted incorrect info and the Mods supported it.. After I called them out... posts mysteriously disappeared.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
They will be coming.......That forum is so biases, It will be only the leftover Mods and GDE Cheerleading squad....its all based off loop hole mentality, any constructive criticism is completely gaged and deleted.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I've read a lot of your posts over there TC and always appreciated your information. Nice to see you here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks...Glad to be here..and hope to stay.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I don't know what's going to happen to Banana Max, I'm now building a Super Stock Diesel D-Max. Its name is "Just Enough" So when people ask how much HP does it have I can say " I hope just Enough to win "
The Engine is Now getting close to go to the Dyno..I hoping its a Enough to Make 2500+HP...The engine pictured is 1700-1900HP it Was the Engine We put in Bad Max 2 Years back, Truck was Region III champion and Placed 8 At Schied's. 2014

JSchneib

Oct 20, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome TC.
Thanks for the info. So the new oil spec is T6 and no longer MS11106? Also, I agree about tuning. Fed requires CARB certification for any allowable modifications and this is Fed, not state rule. If your state does not have an emissions program you are still required to follow Fed rule for registered vehicles on the street. Eitherway, manufacturer does not have to warranty any aftermarket mod. Good info. Thanks!

John

Nov 13, 2015
welcome todd. did you come here to air your dirty laundry? i'm not too impressed with the distorted facts, but i do look forward to any positive contributions you can offer.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I don't distort the facts... You sound just like the Mod JohnC at the Diesel1500.com and if you are you can pick up the phone any time and call Me.
What dirty laundry are you referring too? and What distorted facts?

Your post did not make reference to anything stated... Just board and spacious, another tactic used at 1500.com to narrow peoples thinking and not open for discussion or debate... The mods at 1500.com arguments were so weak they just make accusation...

If You are JohnC or Not You are welcome debate here if the mods allow it... and if I'm Wrong I will stand corrected.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome TC.
Thanks for the info. So the new oil spec is T6 and no longer MS11106? Also, I agree about tuning. Fed requires CARB certification for any allowable modifications and this is Fed, not state rule. If your state does not have an emissions program you are still required to follow Fed rule for registered vehicles on the street. Eitherway, manufacturer does not have to warranty any aftermarket mod. Good info. Thanks!

FCA MAY void the warranty instantly if the required label was on the PCM....

Cummins, Cat, Detroit, Volvo, Navistar , Mack all paid millions $ in fines to the EPA for just leaving software programing that deactivate emission devices.
Everything will sell (Thats NON-OE) We remove the Original makers marking and labels ,Place Our labels and state its for RACE use only and may violate other agreements.
The BUYER is solely responsible for all warranty issues from the automotive manufacturer.

Most aftermarket companies follow the Judicial law.. The one's that don't just tighten the laws grip on aftermarket products.
Geez... its not that hard to remove the marking and place the legal label, That's all the laws asking the aftermarket to do. Heck you can place your label over the OE label and you meet the laws requirements.. If the owner removes the label that his responsibility. The Maker followed the law. The law is NOT as ugly as some portrait it to be...the law just wants owners to be aware that some products alter the EPA certification and may NOT meet the standard.

I have been pasting this for years I posted this back in 2012 at the Diesel Place.

Factory Warranty voided

‘Maybe I can clear this UP, GM All makers Must meet the certification REQUIRED by Federal Law. The instant YOU delete ON/OFF road use (The only exception to this law is Race or off road competition) GM or your Dealer cannot (legally) even repair the Vehicle if it has State Plates.
Enforcement is the issue, Many times action is NOT taken when the warranty is voided, This is the parties involved discretion, MAKE NO MISTAKE
YOUR warranty is voided the instant you make defeat or delete steps to any component that’s needed to meet the certification.
Enforcement is the major part of any Law, if No enforcement then it’s a statement, if the parties involved decided to enforce the law it is now binding and absolute.

Your warranty cannot be Voided on all component's that have NO bridge or connection, Example NEW radio cannot void suspension components, but it sure can void ALL electronic communications. Enforcement is the key Part of any law or warranty. When disagreements arise they are generally decide By arbitration or Judge.

Owners are welcome to mods as they Like , But selling products that violate laws and warranties W/O at least stating so is just bad business and tantamount to fleecing.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I don't distort the facts... You sound just like the Mod JohnC at the Diesel1500.com and if you are you can pick up the phone any time and call Me.
What dirty laundry are you referring too? and What distorted facts?

Your post did not make reference to anything stated... Just board and spacious, another tactic used at 1500.com to narrow peoples thinking and not open for discussion or debate... The mods at 1500.com arguments were so weak they just make accusation...

If You are JohnC or Not You are welcome debate here if the mods allow it... and if I'm Wrong I will stand corrected.

i am not Johnc

John

Nov 13, 2015
been here since last november and i do visit several other forums.

John

Nov 13, 2015
cut & paste from their site

POLICY & WARRANTY/RETURNS

POLICY AND WARRANTY INFORMATION

WARNING! THIS IS A HIGH PERFORMANCE PRODUCT. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DISCLAIMER: Not legal for sale or use on any emission controlled motor vehicles. Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used on a highway. For off-road racing use only.

Do not use this product until you have carefully read the following agreement. This sets forth the terms and conditions for the use of this product. The installation of this product indicates that the BUYER has read and understands this agreement and accepts its terms and conditions.

DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY Green Diesel Engineering LLC and its successors, distributors, jobbers, and dealers (hereafter SELLER) shall in no way be responsible for the product's proper use and service. THE BUYER HEREBY WAIVES ALL LIABILITY CLAIMS.

The BUYER acknowledges that he/she is not relying on the SELLER's skill or judgment to select or furnish goods suitable for any particular purpose and that there are no liabilities which extend beyond the description on the face hereof and the BUYER hereby waives all remedies or liabilities, expressed or implied, arising by law or otherwise, (including without any obligations of the SELLER with respect to fitness, merchantability and consequential damages) or whether or not occasioned by the SELLER's negligence.

The SELLER disclaims any warranty and expressly disclaims any liability for personal injury or damages. The BUYER acknowledges and agrees that the disclaimer of any liability for personal injury is a material term for this agreement and the BUYER agrees to indemnify the SELLER and to hold the SELLER harmless from any claim related to the item of the equipment purchased. Under no circumstances will the SELLER be liable for any damages or expenses by reason of use or sale of any such equipment.

The SELLER assumes no liability regarding the improper installation or misapplication of its products. It is the installer's responsibility to check for proper installation and if in doubt, contact the manufacturer.

LIMITATION OF WARRANTY

Green Diesel Engineering LLC (hereafter "SELLER") gives Limited Warranty as to description, quality, merchantability, fitness for any product's purpose, productiveness, or any other matter of SELLER's product sold herewith. The SELLER shall be in no way responsible for the product's open use and service and the BUYER hereby waives all rights other than those expressly written herein. This Warranty shall not be extended or varied except by a written instrument signed by SELLER and BUYER.

The Warranty is Limited to one (1) year from the date of sale and limited solely to the parts contained within the product's kit. All products that are in question of Warranty must be returned shipping prepaid to the SELLER and must be accompanied by a dated proof of purchase receipt. All Warranty claims are subject to approval by Green Diesel Engineering.

If the BUYER sends back a failed unit that is out of warranty and chooses to buy a refurbished unit, the refurbished unit will only carry a 60 day warranty. If the BUYER purchases a new unit at a predetermined discounted rate, it will have the standard 1 year warranty.

Under no circumstances shall the SELLER be liable for any labor charged or travel time incurred in diagnosis for defects, removal, or reinstallation of this product, or any other contingent expenses.

Under no circumstances will the SELLER be liable for any damage or expenses insured by reason of the use or sale of any such equipment.

This warranty is VOID for any new products purchased through auction websites. WARRANTY IS VALID ONLY FOR NEW PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH AUTHORIZED DEALERS (proof of purchase required for all warranty claims).

IN THE EVENT THAT THE BUYER DOES NOT AGREE WITH THIS AGREEMENT: THE BUYER MAY PROMPTLY RETURN THIS PRODUCT, IN A NEW AND UNUSED CONDITION, WITH A DATED PROOF OF PURCHASE, TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE WITHIN SIXTY (60) DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND AND REFLASH BACK TO ORIGINAL CONDITION.

THE INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT INDICATES THAT THE BUYER HAS READ AND UNDERSTANDS THIS AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTS ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OK thanks for the Info.

Sorry to loop you in with JohnC, But the last contact I had with them Was form 97 (Thursday 14) Was They were NOT allowing Me to air the laundry... and banned.....This was after I ask JohnC to Delete My account.

John

Nov 13, 2015
ok great. glad we understand each other. like i said i welcome your ram input just didn't want to hear about other forums on this VERY friendly site.
all is good as far as i'm concerned.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
John almost aftermarket companies have the same or similar liability disclaimer.

When you alter any device OE that was use to meet the FED Emissions you must change the labeling of the OE certification.

Example: Bully Dog downloader

Screens will progress to the Point it ask you IF YOU ARE THE OWNER OF THIS DEVICE AND VEHICLE. at that point Yes/NO , if yes it will progress to another screen stating for RACE only Yes/No , If Yes another screen will state that it will void warranties and violate FED emission standards if you agree to ALL these terms Yes/No. If Yes then the downloads begins.

When you are NOT the owner of the device that alters the certification the device MUST have all the OE markings removed.

CCA Law
Defeat devices. It is a violation of the CAA to manufacture, sell, or install a part for a motor vehicle that bypasses, defeats, or renders inoperative any emission control device. For example, computer software that alters diesel fuel injection timing is a defeat device. Defeat devices, which are often sold to enhance engine performance, work by disabling a vehicle's emission controls, causing air pollution. As a result of EPA enforcement, some of the largest manufacturers of defeat devices have agreed to pay penalties and stop the sale of defeat devices.

Now if you own the device (Both the device being changed and the Device to do the changing) and the vehicle (All three) is a loop hole.
Sending Your PCM to be alter to another Party..W/O Engine and Vehicle Compliance certification is a clear violation...for HWY use.

We Flash Vehicles all the time VIA WITECH, but all the flashes come thru the proper and legal channels form the manufacture which has the compliance certification.

Any software company is welcome to apply for CDX # follow the rules and regulations to meet certification once engine and vehicle pass they then will receive manufacture code and would be legal to alter the OE certification. ( National vehicle and fuel emissions laboratory)

If T&C alters any device required to meet the certification , We deface the makers NAME place our label on the device and stated the required Race or competition USE ONLY. We don't deceive our Customer into thinking our product don't void OE warranties... Nor do we think that owners that alter OE parts have warranty.. We make it very clear that its your risk.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I just thought it was best BC someone was going to ask what happened.. I won't bring up the subject unless asked to explain ,But I believe enough info has already been posted for readers to make their own Judgments.
Good on My end.