• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to group and have questions.

Jima4

Dec 7, 2021
Truck Year
I recently bought a 2017 Ram eco to pull a travel trailer. Truck is 4x4, Laramie Longhorn. Lower than expected mpg, very sluggish low-end torque. Is this common for the year? 70kmiles. Built in Canada. Also, dealer said had 9000 lb towing capacity but find different weights at different sites so I’m not sure what the truth is. Travel trailer is 6000 lbs dry weight. Suggestions?

Moodyism

May 22, 2021
Truck Year
I wouldn’t have kept the truck if there weren’t tunes available. I have the gde compliant tune. Helps in every way. I don’t think 6000 pounds is going to be a problem. I tow 4000 all the time and I don’t even know it’s there. Your different tow rate numbers are due to them being equipped differently.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
My TT is 6200 lbs. dry and 6800 lbs. ready to travel. You need to due some work and some math setting it up. A good WDH is a must.
Mine tows wonderful after research and a little sweat AND money...

rcm71cam

Sep 21, 2021
Truck Year
I recently bought a 2017 Ram eco to pull a travel trailer. Truck is 4x4, Laramie Longhorn. Lower than expected mpg, very sluggish low-end torque. Is this common for the year? 70kmiles. Built in Canada. Also, dealer said had 9000 lb towing capacity but find different weights at different sites so I’m not sure what the truth is. Travel trailer is 6000 lbs dry weight. Suggestions?
have the same tear truck. does it have the towing equipment? mine has always been sluggish when starting but once you get going does ok. remember it only has a 3.0 liter engine. my trailer is about the same weight and I get around 13 to 15 mpg while towing. hope this helps. make sure you use the shell rotella low ash oil. that is what ram is recommends now. hope this helps