• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Update (XF 2.1) - Reactions

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi All, I know we updated the software a few weeks ago to the newest version... well... the vendor just released a new updated package a few days after that. I'm now happy to bring you the updates here.

Here are a few new features:

1) Reactions:

reactions.png

Like Facebook, you can now do more than just like. These are configurable by the admin, so we can add/remove the ones as we wish. I'll be having conversations with the staff to vote on what we want.

2) Bookmarks - track your favorite threads/posts with tags you create and manage so you can quickly reference something down the road
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...f-per-post-share-controls.155302/post-1291226

3) Emoji updates - Consistent styles now:
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...cements-and-video-uploads.154986/post-1289240

4) Video Uploads - These will not be live here yet, simply because hosting videos is SO EXPENSIVE! Since membership is free here, I'll likely have to continue to let members post videos to a 3rd party site and link them here (Like YouTube, etc).

5) Push Notifications (for everything but Apple) : You can now subscribe your favorite device to receive push notifications. Similar to an app on your phone, but these come through your browser. Currently, everything is supported but Apple iOS. That is a limitation of Apple, and not this software. We hope down the road Apple will decide to implement this web standard.

6) URL unfurling:

Picture is just easier to explain this one:

urlUnfurl.PNG

Basically, it takes the URL and expands it out in the message to give a "preview" before clicking.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Nice new features. :) Is it just me or has the forum become more active since the new software was implemented?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Nice new features. :) Is it just me or has the forum become more active since the new software was implemented?

It has for sure. I'm glad it's moving in a positive direction.. I hope to continue to improve the site with features and content that keeps you guys coming back. :)