• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New user to the site, bought new 2016 EcoDiesel

DubiousAlliance

Oct 18, 2016
Truck Year
Hi All,

Just purchased new 2016 EcoDiesel, and brushing up on all relevant information.
Live in MN, so it gets a bit chilly up here, so right now am checking front rad cover
requirements (received a rad cover with the truck).

I've had two other 1500's, both 5.7L and loved them. Looks like the EcoDiesel is a
bit more work (Rad cover, DEF fluid, etc) but hopefully worth it.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi All,

Live in MN, so it gets a bit chilly up here, so right now am checking front rad cover

I've had two other 1500's, both 5.7L and loved them. Looks like the EcoDiesel is a

Welcome to the forum. You'll love the fuel economy! Read around and post any questions you may have.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hi All,

Welcome, I'm also I'm Minnesota. Wayy up north. Diesel maintenance is a little different, the Def, and fuel filter in particular but nothing crazy.

Once it's staying below 30-40 slap the cover on. That factory one is fine, change the fuel filter before and after winter. Or every other oil change anyways. Diesel Filters online has mopar Filters at a good price and the preventive maintenance is hopefully worth it. 30k fuel filter interval seems far fetched for me. I change my oil around 7-8k and drain the fuel filter housing one change and replace the fuel filter the next.

Dig up your block heater cord. It's under the black plastic shroud above the grill and radiator and behind your passenger side headlight. Can just tug the one push pin from the corner fender and get it out.

Otherwise just drive on. No issues here!

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
welcome! I've had a 5.7 and love the fuel economy of the ecodiesel.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
I thought they came with "Active Grille Shutters"..?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I thought they came with "Active Grille Shutters"..?
They do, and they only cover the upper half of the grill. It is enough to help in the summer get to operating temp seconds faster, and decrease drag fractionally but it is not enough to counteract full winter temperatures.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
Ahh....thanks !!