• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Obd2 tune.. chime in guys

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
I'm with boostn on this one. "It's the moral aspect... if you modify the write counter to help the consumer and in turn not void the manufactures warranty, what does that say about your company? "
Agreed.

But when the engine blows because an oil line busts AFTER the stealership over filled the customers oil. We fully support our clients and will not let the stealership say it was anything tune related. I'm sure everyone can agree.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Agreed.

But when the engine blows because an oil line busts AFTER the stealership over filled the customers oil. We fully support our clients and will not let the stealership say it was anything tune related. I'm sure everyone can agree.

Agreed for sure.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
It's the moral aspect... if you modify the write counter to help the consumer and in turn not void the manufactures warranty, what does that say about your company?

And yes, the dealer can't likely tell if the truck has been tuned, but I promise you the engineers that developed the factory calibration sure can. Not sure if manufactures ever go that far, but.. it can be done.
100% support you here. With SFT tuning we do NOT falsify the sensors to show "ready" when they're not present. Our stage 2 tuning for example.

Other companies do this. Your emissions will show 100% and green across the board (even when removed). We believe this is immoral, and everyone knows it's illegal.

Again, we do NOT do this.

So we 100% agree what that says about other companies.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Agreed.

Yes we have the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

Jul 20, 2019
Truck Year
It's the moral aspect... if you modify the write counter to help the consumer and in turn not void the manufactures warranty, what does that say about your company?

And yes, the dealer can't likely tell if the truck has been tuned, but I promise you the engineers that developed the factory calibration sure can. Not sure if manufactures ever go that far, but.. it can be done.
It to me shows the company knows what it’s doing... if they can in fact get into the ecu that deep.. they aren’t hacks... everyone has an opinion and every will say go get ged.. there is no difference between a company that makes the obd flash that doesn’t make counter go up.. ged wants you to change Ecu... no difference so step down off that high horse. That’s just a bashing comment and not really warranted. I’ll prolly get kicked off this forum but is what it is

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
It to me shows the company knows what it’s doing... if they can in fact get into the ecu that deep.. they aren’t hacks... everyone has an opinion and every will say go get ged.. there is no difference between a company that makes the obd flash that doesn’t make counter go up.. ged wants you to change Ecu... no difference so step down off that high horse. That’s just a bashing comment and not really warranted. I’ll prolly get kicked off this forum but is what it is
I like it when someone tells it like it is (y)

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Too much favoritism on sites and then to tell me moral values when your changing Ecu... gimme a break.
Yep. I don't get it, all tunes are illegal, how can immorality apply to only one?

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Yep. I don't get it, all tunes are illegal, how can immorality apply to only one?
Not illegal, but also not intended for the use by the manufacturer, EPA, sales etc etc....

Blows us away when another company tries to say it's "their property"...I believe Bosch owns the ECU because well, they physically make it.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Not illegal, but also not intended for the use by the manufacturer, EPA, sales etc etc....
Right, illegal is the wrong word. Should have said, "in violation".
Point is the same, if immorality is an issue, all are immoral, not just one.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Wait? Are you saying that I think Sofa King doesn't have "morals" and I prefer GDE? Then you are WAY off base. My comment wasn't directed at neither company. In fact, I don't have an opinion on either as I've not used either personally.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
BoostN, sorry if I misunderstood. You said, "It's the moral aspect... if you modify the write counter to help the consumer and in turn not void the manufactures warranty, what does that say about your company?"

Since GDE doesn't modify the write counter, that I thought your arrow was aimed at SFT.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
BoostN, sorry if I misunderstood. You said, "It's the moral aspect... if you modify the write counter to help the consumer and in turn not void the manufactures warranty, what does that say about your company?"

Since GDE doesn't modify the write counter, that I thought your arrow was aimed at SFT.

Not at all, and in fact, I didn't see (or I misread ?) where SFT does do this.

My post was taken out of context.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Not at all, and in fact, I didn't see (or I misread ?) where SFT does do this.
I thought post #6 indicated so
My post was taken out of context.
How so, that was your entire paragraph

Not trying to argue, just explaining my post