• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

pcm

Edax7336

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
fyi.....2015 1500 eco 59000 km though my investment would be safe getting an extra 5 year warranty.....but no. Had a water in fuel sensor come on along with an engine light. Drained the fuel canister as described in the manual. Doesn't fix the problem so i take it to my local dodge dealer. Remember i got warranty.....In the end i got a call from them and 'it was my fault'. what happened was the bracket, which is plastic, that held in the wiring harness into the pcm was broken and the harness was loose causing this problem... The dealership told me it was a rock came up through the engine compartment, curved and hit the pcm which is above the passenger 'wheel well' or i removed the harness and broke it putting it back in. OMG there idiots. I've made a complaint dodge corporate, why the F___ would i go into the pcm...again IDIOTS. i have more complaints about this dealership but wanted everyone to be aware of it work need to be done around the pcm, take pictures. it will save you from a 1200.00 bill of diagnostic and parts....

Edax7336

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
if your asking if i have had a "tune up' as in software update i have. but its all connected under the dash (atleast according to the service counter guy) and not from under the hood....i have more concerns with this dealership and this pcm... this was just to let everyone be aware. One of my concerns is, i got to see the old pcm and touch it, i took pictures. but it was only later the next day i started thinking about the pcm and now realize how clean it was... for something to be under my hood of my truck for 1.5 years it was very very clean. Someone spent time cleaning it. if the damage happened at manufacturing, cause i have no reason to touch it, the break would be dirty, but everything was very clean, even the break. The break is new, the dealership broke it and to cover their ass they made everything look the same and blame it on me.....IDIOTS...what they dont know is my brother is in the new car business and he has gotten me all the emails and phone numbers of all the head people in dodge. The ceo, the regional managers and the owner of this dealership, news papers and social media... I will let dodge customer service to do what is right first, cause i did not break it...if this fails i will let my brother at them. My brother has spoken to several technicians at different dodge dealerships, all said the same thing,with the pictures i provided. That this damage came from one thing, someone dropping it.

looked at the gallery of pictures...there are nice looking trucks out there.

Edax7336

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
another issue i have...i can go to their parts department adn get a fuel filter for 60.00. i have issues with that cause the next town over the same filter is 45.00. IDIOTS...but at this dealership, i went through the invoice before paying 1200.00 and the service department charged me 145.00 for the filter only and labour on top of that....

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If 1 of the two main gate harness fail to close properly YOU would have more then a WIF light, The dash would light up like a Christmas Tree.

If the harness gates are good and they claim the PCM plastic broke By something you did How did you get it to the Dealer , I'm sure if you tried it with the defective PCM other problems would pop up even to the point it wouldn't even start.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Over the Years things like this have happen to old (15+ years) harnesses / connections , When it does We Zip tie them with NO problems.

$145.00 for the Filter. Nuts...+ labor....

I tell every new vehicle owner in long term ownership Dia-electric every connections on the vehicle, Some Trans, Body ,engine harnesses cost over $1K US + labor.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Over the Years things like this have happen to old (15+ years) harnesses / connections , When it does We Zip tie them with NO problems.

$145.00 for the Filter. Nuts...+ labor....

I tell every new vehicle owner in long term ownership Dia-electric every connections on the vehicle, Some Trans, Body ,engine harnesses cost over $1K US + labor.
TC that's a good reminder to grease, especially with the weather changing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Edax7336

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
all there was was a water in fuel sensor and a check engine light on..... it started and ran with no problems..

i was told by the lady behind the counter that the technician had to clean rust from the harness...she's lying. i have several pictures of the pins on the pcm and there is no rust.....im sure everything that came out of her mouth was to screw me over.. and she did....its starting to look like in the first diagnostic they broke it and to save the tech's job they blamed it on me....it had nothing to do with the pcm...

they originally found the pcm in Portland.... but couple hours later they found on their shelf.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You still have the OEM PCM?

Edax7336

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
no, there was a 'core' charge for it.... but i took a bunch of picture of it including serial numbers. I not overly surprised but it is made by Bosch with a dodge sticker over top...

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Go Back and demand it be returned and YOU will pay the core charge. to have it professionally inspected, Did you pay with credit card?

Edax7336

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
i didn't get the part. but i did take a pile of picture..yes, i paid by credit card

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 4.02.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 4.02.23 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It sure looks like it was dropped... And You could have fix it easily.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OK , if they do NOT return the core to YOU , YOU may be able to file a charge back on the purchase, VISA/MC are really fussy on the wording on cores, If the receipt DOES NOT clearly State YOU waived the Fee , they have to returned it to you within 30 Days weather or weather NOT paid.

Edax7336

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
i could done the zip strap and some silicon... but talking to my brother who is a manager of a chev dealership out east says, 'either way you are screwed. if you do a quick fix, saving you money and down the road something really happens to the pcm or anything that the pcm is connected to. Dodge has grounds that i did not take recommended care of the truck and could void the warenty' And with that and keeping my fingers crossed that dodge corporation will see this and do the right thing, paid the bill.....i need a truck, I'm against a rock. i rented a car for 1 day at 160.00...so i paid

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep.. just turn the heat up tactfully and don't lose control, Ram / Dealer will pay if they see any possibility of losing.

The Gate and grommet cover that corner you could Have Dia-electric the outer grommet it would have been fine for the life of the Vehicle
That Connection is tricky but very robust mating surfaces.

Edax7336

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
its been just under 1 week that dodge corporation has spoken to me... i'll give it a couple more days. Then let my brother on them...he is very specific on his wording and how to use them for maximum effect. According to him Dogdge/Ford/Chev dont like words that make it sound that there is a problem with their product. I still use rocks as hammers and every second or third word is a 'grunt'... So ill let them fight for me.

it the fit 'fhits the shan" i will post his emails....

Buggy-Bumpers

Feb 21, 2016
Truck Year
OK need to know what dealer in the Portland area are you talking about?