• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post Your Used Oil Analysis Here

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its Good Lube ,a little Spendy thou. T6 is just good ICD lube for the $.

hossman

Oct 3, 2019
Truck Year
I wouldn't say that T6 is just as good it's hard to beat the best of the best even if it's twice the price. Amsoil dominates in every category, become a preferred member and get it at cost, done deal just as cheap as everything else. Don't be stupid and try to save 30 bucks on a $40,000 vehicle. And if you really want to double the life of your motor get the oil bypass unit from insane diesel or Amsoil.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So just received my oil analysis from my last oil change. I changed oil a little early because I wanted to time it with the AEM flash at the dealer and my subsequent GDE tune install. Same day as oil change.
Here are the results. At least there is no antifreeze!
Have about 45000 on the truck right now.

Attachments

• 15 RAM 1500-191109.pdf
    64.4 KB · Views: 29

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Here are results from the first sample I've had analyzed. The truck has run 93,000 miles being GDE tuned since 40k, and now for the last 15k miles I add 1 oz of HotShots EDT per tank of fuel. This sample was about 650 miles since last regen (72% soot loaded if I recall). Rotella T6 oil (since a few months before FCA made the official switch from the Euro oil) and various filters, as long as pleats look good and o-ring is in right spot. Oil changes always between 9,000 and 10,000 miles. Fuel filter every other, or every third oil change.

Think it will last another 100k miles without engine problems? I am 7,000 miles from betting it does... Oil Analysis 3-20-2020.jpg

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Ordered 2 sample containers from Blackstone labs plus the vacuum pump from Blackstone also. I had an oil change done about 1000 miles ago and will be sending the first sample in this week. I will send the 2nd sample in just before I have my oil changed. That should be a good baseline for future data.
Black stone? As in the guys that produce pro hormones? No shit....

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Brady,
That is super encouraging. I am very curious to see how my first oil analysis with the GDE tune looks when I change my oil this summer. I am expecting something similar! If these kinds of OA's don't encourage people to find a way to tune I am not sure what will.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
It was great to see no coolant in the oil as I've had to add about 1/2 gallon over the 93,000+ miles to keep it at the cold level mark. That is a small amount I know, but it's had to been going somewhere....

I think I may continue oil analysis from Blackstone from here on out, if for nothing else but the comic relief in the comments box haha.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have done OA on the last 4 or 5 changes and the last one could have been a little better, Curious to see the next after 7500 miles with the GDE tune

hossman

Oct 3, 2019
Truck Year
Just received my oil analysis back. Everything looks pretty good. I have 15,000 miles on the oil. 64,000 miles on a 2015 eco-diesel. I use Amsoil 5W 40 signature series, Insane diesels bypass filter open (very impressed with insane diesel) and Fully deleted. I will replace the filters tonight and go another 15,000 miles on the oil.
I've been running Amsoil for over 21 years. I had a 2012 Toyota Tacoma with Amsoil bypass filter and I got 80,000 miles out of the oil before they recommended to replace it. I did oil analysis every 20,000 miles on it. The oil will still good at that point but it had access fuel dilution in it for some reason. I get a kick out of people spending $65,000 on a truck and they cheap out on oil and filters LOL.

Attachments

• Amsoil.pdf
    212.2 KB · Views: 18

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Latest oil analysis. This is the first sample I have sent in with the GDE hot tune I installed last Dec.(purchased in Sept.2019) I had the AEM flash done, brought the truck home, changed oil and swapped ECM's all in about the same day.

Attachments

• 15 RAM 1500-201003.pdf
    409.7 KB · Views: 15

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Shadow ,what concerns Me on T-6 New additive package is the lower levels (Drop) in Both Mag and Moly, and the HUGE increase in CAL. IMO Mag and Moly are needed for longevity in any DSL. Compare My levels VS yours.

Nice, OA by the way.

Attachments

• 15 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Blackstone best.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 16

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Shadow ,what concerns Me on T-6 New additive package is the lower levels (Drop) in Both Mag and Moly, and the HUGE increase in CAL. IMO Mag and Moly are needed for longevity in any DSL. Compare My levels VS yours.

Nice, OA by the way.
That is very interesting, I am kinda new at interpreting these OA's and it is curious to note that your Moly is higher from day one across the board.I did notice the Calcium increase for sure. Oil is such a volatile subject on the many forums I have been on! Spent years on a motorcycle forum and the discussions there were just as ROBUST as here about the pros and cons of various oils and what to use. I certainly will look into this new "additive package" you reference.
Thank you

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
So I asked about this in the other forum and basically got my head bit off but... if a person has a fully deleted and tuned truck (especially one with weak main bearing/crank setup) wouldnt it be better for that person to run an offroad or racing oil with more anti friction protection and better ability to stick and adhere to metal than the high detergent oils speced by FCA due to the soot in the oil from the poor tune and EGR?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Those mods at 1500diesel.XXX have had their head in the sand for 7 Years. They are so blinded you would think after 10000s members have left , maybe it would be a good Idea to see the light. Don't waste your time at XXX other then LOL at all the cheerleading. Even after VM cost Fiat $4Billion in looses there still cheerleading VM. OAs trends will give some advance warning of impending failure...... Don't believe their membership #s, 10000s have left and cannot delete their membership.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Started running hot shots stiction eliminator in mine and while my fuel economy slightly increased, the turbo responsiveness has drastically improved. I’m not a diesel tech by any means, but I closely monitor my engines sounds, and gauges, and I have noticed lower oil temps along with slightly lower coolant temps. Wether that’s from reduced friction, or just a random coincidence, is to be determined. But I believe a good additive is always a good protection step. Did it in my 01 gas 5.9 ram and the engine noise was much quieter, and at 202k I can still go hit the key and not one shake or hiccup in the motor. Transmission is another story though. No real trans fluid left, just alooooottttaaaaa Lucas 🙃🙃🙃

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
2Gen 5.9 never quite, Momma would hear you coming from 2 blocks away trying to sneak Home. Is that 202K on Factory VP44?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I missed the gas 5.9 gas, Sorry.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Started running hot shots stiction eliminator in mine and while my fuel economy slightly increased, the turbo responsiveness has drastically improved. I’m not a diesel tech by any means, but I closely monitor my engines sounds, and gauges, and I have noticed lower oil temps along with slightly lower coolant temps. Wether that’s from reduced friction, or just a random coincidence, is to be determined. But I believe a good additive is always a good protection step. Did it in my 01 gas 5.9 ram and the engine noise was much quieter, and at 202k I can still go hit the key and not one shake or hiccup in the motor. Transmission is another story though. No real trans fluid left, just alooooottttaaaaa Lucas 🙃🙃🙃
funny you should say that, it was literaly the topic of my thread as I was considering the stiction eliminator. I was unaware however that our trucks dont suffer from stiction because we dont have an HUEI fuel system... I did see the fr3 antifriction additive helps against engine wear according to project farms testing on you tube. Ive run lucas I my other vehicles for years with good results. everyone claims snake oil but the oils themselves have similiar additives in them so they obliviously make a difference. I just figured these bearings can use any help I can give them.

Basically I noticed the truck was running a bit rough on startup in the freezing temps and that I would get white smoke all the sudden shortly after startup that would stop as suddenly as it started... I know it could be condensation.

Last edited: