• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post Your Used Oil Analysis Here

RansRAM

Nov 14, 2015
Truck Year
Looks like I'm the first to post in this thread. Got the results from my first oil analysis, done at 21394 kms (2961 kms since oil was changed). This is with Euro L and the high oxidation is consistent with other 3D reports I have seen using this oil. Not sure what that means so perhaps others can provide an explanation that makes sense). Overall I'm very pleased with this report as I have developed a mild tick when warming up and was somewhat concerned it was an early production problem with the rod caps. As you can see wear metals are very low and of no concern. Looking forward to samples from others.

Attachments

• ENGINE-E-E-490564-Sev2-1.pdf
    418 KB · Views: 142

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Okay, I just did my first oil change and here is the result. I still looking for other shops that do the test in my area. I had them take a sample from the dip stick, as I don't trust my local dealer.

Attachments

• Engine Oil Test Results.pdf
    146.2 KB · Views: 99

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I started to check your report, you seem to have an Oxidation concern. Not sure what the fix would be, oil change?

Oxidation: Occurs when oxygen molecules join with oil molecules. Oxidation will make the oil thicker than normal and lose lubrication. It will be accelerated by high oil temperatures and glycol contamination.

I found another Lab, AGAT, I planning on taking another test shortly, and compare the results, just want to be sure LABS I use are reliable.

Some info I found....

Water
Water is one of the most destructive contaminants in most all lubricants. It attacks additives, induces base oil oxidation and interferes with oil film production. Low levels of water contamination are normal in engine oils. High levels of water ingression merit attention and are rarely correctable by performing an oil change. The following are some additional notes on water contamination:

• Long idling in wintertime causes water condensation in crankcase, which leads to loss of base number and corrosive attack on surfaces, oxidation of the oil, etc.

• Emulsified water can mop up dead additives, soot, oxidation products and sludge. When mobilized by flowing oil, these globular pools of sludge can knock out filters and restrict oil flow to bearings, pistons and the valve deck.

• Water sharply increases the corrosive potential of common acids found in motor oil.

RansRAM

Nov 14, 2015
Truck Year
For some reason the lab I used does not have the Euro L oil on file so has no baseline to go by. The high oxidation has appeared on reports from others using the same oil. It seems that Amsoil is now offering an oil that meets the Chrysler MS requirements for our trucks so I may switch over to that.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I wouldn't use any oil, other than what FCA stipulates. I took a look, at my last oil change, they used part number, so I have to verify with them, they did say Pennzoil, but no info on viscosity, etc. I have to see to it next time, those details are put in. This way, I can verify through testing on viscosity, etc.

If dealer are not using the right oil, just using what in stock, or deliberate or ignorance, then expect major engine problems.

My report is so good, I'm going to do another test with another lab. Just to be sure and also, I want to test one lab against another.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Good news, It seems RamaTek Lab was sloppy with their work, clerical error in saying 15w40. I won't be going back there or recommending him for testing.

I also got the result from AGAT Labs and I will attach it here. Look good, no warning and they couldn't figure out if the right oil was used. So, I have to assume, all is okay. Saves a lot of hassles. So I glad about that.

I like The AGAT labs format, so I be going back there, before each oil change for testing. Again, I used the dip stick extraction. They provided the pump and tube. No issues.

Attachments

• TRIBRPT.pdf
    106.9 KB · Views: 59

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Okay, I got a more accurate report. I submitted the new oil (Pennzoil Platinum 5w30) for analyses. Without having this to compare, you will get wrong results. Basically, throwing your money away on testing. I will attach the new reports. Ignore previous, may be deleted.

"Attached is your report updated with the Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 oil. It looks like the Boron is an EP additive in this oil and not coolant. Na and K are present but not enough to trip glycol as present."

Attachments

• TRIBRPT.PDF
    127.6 KB · Views: 32

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Ordered 2 sample containers from Blackstone labs plus the vacuum pump from Blackstone also. I had an oil change done about 1000 miles ago and will be sending the first sample in this week. I will send the 2nd sample in just before I have my oil changed. That should be a good baseline for future data.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well, had my last oil change done at the dealer today. I have installed an fumoto valve for future oil changes.
I gave the dealer a blackstone lab container to fill and guess what? they gave me back an empty bottle with apologies.
I guess I will have to wait another 5000+ miles. Oh well, at least the fumoto valve will make ir easy to take a sample!

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
This is my first oil analysis since i have owned my truck. 29000 on the truck and 9100 on the oil

What say the experts here??

1a7117ad659280587977378df0e16e12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I have 20,000 miles on my 16. I've had two OA's done and my iron was 16 in the first sample and 20 in the second sample. Is 44 high for this motor, I'm not sure, but its more than double my highest reading so far.

Scottd

Apr 23, 2017
Truck Year
I’ve looked back on some other members OA and theirs are pretty much in line with mine around the same mileage, so I guess we shall see what the next one shows.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I do use Archoil AR9100, which is a nano friction modifier, so who knows, maybe it actually does what it says it does.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
I’ve looked back on some other members OA and theirs are pretty much in line with mine around the same mileage, so I guess we shall see what the next one shows.

How did you take the sample that can make a big difference?