• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RECALL R51 - FCA Recommends a Winter Front Cover for Colder Climates with EcoDiesels

diesel power 2014

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
I received my notification yesterday and in stated I must contact a authorized FCA Canada dealer or in the USA if
truck purchased there.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I went to the dealer where I bought my truck today and they never heard of this recall! So they said they would sell me the cover for dealer cost of $129.95. When I told them It shouldn,t be much more than $40, They told me If any dealer sold it to me that cheap they would get in trouble as the $40 price was probably the recall price that the company charges. I know I am south of lake erie Pa about 50 miles and it was more than _20f a few times the last 2 years. If I don,t get any satisfaction Icould contact the PA. attorney General. Only problem is they are trying to impeach her for something. Solarvic Ps I did order one but not from the dealer where I bought my truck.

James Coles

Dec 8, 2015
Truck Year
The recall says that it applies to "certain 2014 through 2015 model year Ram Pickup trucks equipped with a 3.0LO diesel engine."

I am definitely not a satisfied customer. This is not a fix this is a patch (figuratively and literally). Just think of what it will probably do to the value of the thing. What if you were trying to sell it, and you had to stand there and try to explain this crap to a potential buyer. And I wonder what it will do to the bluebook value over time? I like the truck overall, but because of the potential effect of this on value, I was considering going ahead and trading my 2014 in on a 2016, hopefully before the value went down. I ask two dealers to get someone to definitely say that this was not a problem on the 2016, and nobody would. So when I was shopping on line for the new truck one of the options was the dang radiator cover.

So I guess the newer trucks have the same problem, but since you can get a cover when you buy it then it is not a factor. So if you were not aware when you bought the new one and you had the problem they could say, “Oh well the solution to your problem was available when you bought it – to bad buddy.”

Say what? I think I will go get a Ford. But the Ford dealer will probably smile and offer me $10,000 for my wonderful Ram. Yes we did get Rammed.

James Coles

Dec 8, 2015
Truck Year
The recall says that it applies to "certain 2014 through 2015 model year Ram Pickup trucks equipped with a 3.0LO diesel engine."

I am definitely not a satisfied customer. This is not a fix this is a patch (figuratively and literally). Just think of what it will probably do to the value of the thing. What if you were trying to sell it, and you had to stand there and try to explain this crap to a potential buyer. And I wonder what it will do to the bluebook value over time? I like the truck overall, but because of the potential effect of this on value, I was considering going ahead and trading my 2014 in on a 2016, hopefully before the value went down. I ask two dealers to get someone to definitely say that this was not a problem on the 2016, and nobody would. So when I was shopping on line for the new truck one of the options was the dang radiator cover.

So I guess the newer trucks have the same problem, but since you can get a cover when you buy it then it is not a factor. So if you were not aware when you bought the new one and you had the problem they could say, “Oh well the solution to your problem was available when you bought it – to bad buddy.”

Say what? I think I will go get a Ford. But the Ford dealer will probably smile and offer me $10,000 for my wonderful Ram. Yes we did get Rammed.

Tubewall

Jan 13, 2016
Truck Year
Ram R51 recall
Dodge Ram 1500 Econo diesel defective. R 51 This is not s solution to the problem. Chrysler has no solution to the problem, instead they give you a tarp to put on the grill. Good luck trying to put that on in 30° weather. Do not accept the so-called solution to this problem. Contact a lemon law attorney they do these cases on a contingency basis. It shouldn't cost you anything to hire an attorney. I expect the class action suit against the Chrysler idiots.

Tubewall

Jan 13, 2016
Truck Year
See the attached document for more information.

Dodge Ram 1500 Econo diesel defective. R 51 This is not s solution to the problem. Chrysler has no solution to the problem, instead they give you a tarp to put on the grill. Good luck trying to put that on in 30° weather. Do not accept the so-called solution to this problem. Contact a lemon law attorney they do these cases on a contingency basis. It shouldn't cost you anything to hire an attorney. I expect the class action suit against the Chrysler idiots.

Eddy gilbert

Mar 21, 2016
Truck Year
drove the truck lots in -30c never had any problems picked this ugly thing up at the dealer this winter didnt even bother putting it on.

bruce15

Apr 8, 2016
Truck Year
the fix isn't enough in cold weather either.
I'm in manitoba and even with the cover I'm having issues.I'm in manitoba where we are regularly -25c. love my truck but this is a problem. biggest problem is that we're such a small part of the market they don't seem to be too worried.

bruce15

Apr 8, 2016
Truck Year
sorry. the check engine light comes on in cold weather. and the dealership told me it's an issue wit cold weather. I didnt really understand it all I knew wasmy 40 some thousand truck didn't like cold weather. like I said I love my truck it's more a chrysler/dealership issue

Ian

Mar 12, 2016
Truck Year
Gotcha,

I'm in Alberta and I haven't had any cold issues yet, I had to take my grill cover off I was getting too hot but that was because of a blown rad fan fuse so my fan never worked from being new but it seems to be fine in the cold so that seems odd? What code is it throwing?

Bruski

Dec 25, 2017
Truck Year
Good day! I'm a new Eco Diesel owner. I bought a 2016 Big Horn and it came with the cover and the owner's manual states that it should be installed when consitent temps drop below 32 F (0 C). I've been running it without, but installed it today. My question is, can anyone send me a copy of the original instructions with the recommendations for opening and closing the flaps? Thanks in advance