• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Remote App for starting truck

miked

Mar 12, 2015
Truck Year
Who uses the Uconnect app to view data and start their truck???

I've noticed it's buggy while on mobile data and not wifi, anyone else experienced this?

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I haven't experienced any bugs. But short of showing off. I don't find it very useful.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I'm not sure.?.

Mine is a Big Horn 8.4a.

You can download the Uconnect app and give it a try.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
People think you're really cool when you sitting on the couch and can start your truck from your iPhone!

Razzaa

May 31, 2015
I wish I could use the Uconnect app!!! It doesn't work in Canada. We can't even install it. [emoji22]

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
Ya........been coming soon since I bought my 2013 Sport lmao!!! Not holding my breath that's for sure [emoji12]

Ouch.. yea, hopefully it comes through for you.. and all the other Canadians!

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I wonder why it's not used in Canada? It must be a licensing issue.?.?

I hope it gets straightened out soon for you guys. But in all honesty your not missing out on to much.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I've got no Service in northern MN it works once in a great while and takes about 6-7 minutes to actually receive the start command.

And actually mine is buggy the complete opposite way. I cannot get mine to work on wifi at all but if I turn it off it goes through on mobile data. Pending the trucks connection that is

TheB2B

Aug 2, 2015
Truck Year
I too was having problems with the UConnect app but when I tried jdn112011 suggestion and turned off WiFi it works, does take a few minutes for the command to be received by the truck.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah my main problem is just extremely rural sprint coverage area

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Gimmick - I tried it and it works, but it's hard to imagine anyone saying, Gee I just can't live without being able to start my vehicle from my phone!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Maybe so but when it's the middle of the winter in Minnesota and it takes an hour for your diesel to hit a decent temp even being plugged in, and your job sucks, it sure is nice to be able to have your phone start your truck out in the lot on the other side of the plant and have it waiting for you when you want to get out of there immediately after work

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
I use it frequently..it takes about 40 secs on average to un lock /lock..Ive used it for starting in the afternoon at work when it was still pushing 100 deg here in Az...havin your truck AND seat cool is ..well cool!

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I fly every week and usually start my truck once I get my gate check luggage upon return. Then by the time I get to it she's ready to go. I also have had that feeling that I forgot to lock it on multiple occasions and have sent the lock command from the other coast.

I use those remote features all the time and like them a lot. I cant wait until we can send an address to the Nav unit from the phone.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I did mange to download the app in Calgary, AB, Canada, however won't work, lockup/crashes. I think it need a Sprint Network, which doesn't exist here.

Which means, it can't hack the truck Uconnect system while I'm driving, lol. I believe it got recently patch from FCA Uconnect update recently.