• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reported problems on the EcoDiesel

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Wow he looks much happier than I would be following an accident that set off airbags. Must have received a blow to the head as well.....LOL

Know what you mean, unless it was totaled and I and everyone else was OK, otherwise I'm pissed. Lol

Ashley

Apr 3, 2016
Truck Year
Know what you mean, unless it was totaled and I and everyone else was OK, otherwise I'm pissed. Lol

It wasn't a smile. It was more of a 'surprise! Photo moment' I think it was actually more of a lip curl 'damn my shoulder hurts-why is the phone in my face' look. There was plenty of snarling and cussing going on in the cab and worse when he had to climb out the passenger side door every time we stopped on our route to SC. Then it started to rain so we had to Gorilla Tape the drivers door jam closed because there was a 4 inch gap along the top and he was getting wet.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I know what you mean I had to climb over my Center console and out the passenger door for almost two weeks when the deer smashed up my door and fender. Not real happy about that

Ashley

Apr 3, 2016
Truck Year
well, the good news is my 14' is back and runs great. the small town dealer i bought it from put in a brand new motor. haven't heard EXACTLY what went wrong with the original one with only 16k on it :/ my only complaint now is that the measurements on the dash are now all back to Metric and my booklets are in French so i have no idea how to set them back

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
well, the good news is my 14' is back and runs great. the small town dealer i bought it from put in a brand new motor. haven't heard EXACTLY what went wrong with the original one with only 16k on it :/ my only complaint now is that the measurements on the dash are now all back to Metric and my booklets are in French so i have no idea how to set them back

Glad to hear you're back on the road. Sorry, I'm no help in French!

Buggy-Bumpers

Feb 21, 2016
Truck Year
Sorry to hear that you got a French Diesel installed :ROFLMAO: Well at least you got it back wit a new one. Did they give you a New 100k mile warranty with it?

Jay selzler

Apr 27, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 16 quad cab ecodiesel. 4000kms
Problem with fumes in cab any time engine is up to temp and stopped at a red light or if left running.
First trip to dealer they told me they couldnt duplicate the smell....

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 16 quad cab ecodiesel. 4000kms
Problem with fumes in cab any time engine is up to temp and stopped at a red light or if left running.
First trip to dealer they told me they couldnt duplicate the smell....

Take them for a ride and see if you can show them with your driving habits.

MrKelly

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah I bought mine Aug 31, 2015 and joined within a day or two. I was so shocked to see nothing but problems. I was afraid I had really screwed up buying this truck. I've owned several dodge pickups over the years and had excellent service from each on of them. When I started doing research for a truck to pull my new Travel Trailer, I read about the Ecodiesel and it was a perfect match for what I needed. 1445 miles and NO problems so far, hope it continues. Of coarse it is easy for anyone to write anything on a forum...

I do love this truck !

I haven't pulled much with this truck, but the dealer gave me a Demo truck to try out with my trailer, I pulled my trailer about 100 miles that afternoon. It was like the trailer wasn't even there.
View attachment 324
That's a beautiful truck; I am having my TDI Jetta bought back so will finally be buying a Diesel Truck. Sold my Tundra as it sucked too much fuel.

MrKelly

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Bought my truck about a month ago. I now have 900 miles, trouble free. My in law bought his last year and has 28K and he is happy. I bought mine based on his experience. He did have a converter in the exhaust system replaced.

I took a 418 mile road trip and used 13.351 gallons NOT BAD. I have 355 gears

I did get scared when I read a thread regarding oil in the coolant system. I just went through a Lemon law with VW.

another note. Thanks to Shawn I saw many of your videos on You Tube before I bought the truck!
I feel your pain as I am going through the TDI issue with VW and am getting 31mpg in a Jetta. Used to get 52mpg until an EPA update. Don't mind getting that if driving a beautiful truck that can haul and such.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
That's a beautiful truck; I am having my TDI Jetta bought back so will finally be buying a Diesel Truck. Sold my Tundra as it sucked too much fuel.
Sounds like the ecodiesel is going to be a comfortable middle ground for you between the two vehicles with the convenience of one. Hopefully a good fit

Salmonslayer

Aug 11, 2016
Truck Year
Just shy of 4000 miles on my 2016 Eco, have had the truck since end of August. Pull trailers and lots of highway daily. Love this Truck!