• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SCR/Def injector flange bolts Rust problem

Ryan76

Aug 15, 2021
Truck Year
Just letting every know I started hearing a whistling Noise about a 1000 miles ago then it went away...recently my exhaust started sounding like it was under water...Driving on the Highway I got the service DeF see dealer vehicle won't restart in 200 miles message...I looked under the vehicle and my flange bolts rusted out and the SCR flange was completely seperated. I was able to drill out the rivet/bolts it took hours the bolts must be hardened Steele but it can be Done I used 5/16" 1 1/2" zinc bolts. I bolted it back up Checked for codes after erasing and got a P 202E so I took out the DEF injector whick had melted from the heat of the flange dangling...and cleared the Build up with a steam cleaner put it back together and still getting a P202E I think the heat ruined my injector...Take the time and Check the flange bolts...I also read online somewhere where a guy just put 3 clamps on the flange and has driven for 1000s of miles It's not a bad Idea if you start hearing the whistle anyways if this stops someone from having the same issue as I did I just wanted to let people know
Thanks
Ryan

Ryan76

Aug 15, 2021
Truck Year
Good info, thanks for posting. How many miles are on your 2015?
Never saw you replied it's got 115,000 And I'm still dealing with it I got a new/used Def injector however the female connector that clips to the injector I can't find