• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Service Electronic Throttle Control"

Bryanc81

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
I emailed them. I will let you the forum know if they are available in CA. Or might have to ship to my buddy in FL. Lol

MNEcoDiesel

Jun 8, 2019
Truck Year
Hello, I am new to the group

I have a 2015 ecodiesel crew cab 4x4 and it has been running like an absolute top, zero issues and it has 135,000 miles on it.

Today driving to work at 70 mph on cruise control, my service electronic throttle control canes on and limp mode started. Then as I was pulling of the road, there was an abnormal chatter in my engine and more lights came on. After I shut it down and waited about 20 mins, I tried to start it and it started super hard then did a weird chatter and shut off. I had my code reader with me and scanned it, said there were 5 codes (don’t remember which ones). Got Ruby (my ecodiesel) towed to the local ram dealer and am awaiting a report, but they can’t look at it till Monday.

Should I be worried? Also it has an after market full warranty till 185,000 miles.

Any info helps.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
good news on the extended warranty. Other than that, I can't think of any other good news. I don't know what the chatter was.

mjeckert1

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
Hello, new to the group'

I have 2014 Ed with 65K miles and the etc code came up. Took it to dealer and they said I have 73 to 7800 dollars in repairs, not covered by warranty, due to "dirty" fuel. All parts of the fuel delivery system were to be replaced. He suggested talking to my insurance agent. Has anyone had this sort of experience.

Thanks

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Others have mentioned it. I would ask them to draw out 6 ounces of fuel so it can be sent to a lab for analysis. Then, since it is the ETC error, follow the procedure in the video below. You can do this yourself or have the dealership do it for under 100 dollars. It should fix the ETC error. Bad fuel is rare.

mjeckert1

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
Others have mentioned it. I would ask them to draw out 6 ounces of fuel so it can be sent to a lab for analysis. Then, since it is the ETC error, follow the procedure in the video below. You can do this yourself or have the dealership do it for under 100 dollars. It should fix the ETC error. Bad fuel is rare.

mjeckert1

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
The info from my dealer is that they have done the same repairs that mine needs to over 20 other trucks and that it is a fuel contamination issue. Thereby, the warranty doesn't cover the repairs. I asked him where the dirty fuel is coming from, it gets filled from the same stations that I fill my 09 at. He then said that the cummins has a different delivery system. So I then asked him if American fuel was garbage, or that the Italian diesel, the eco diesel, was junk and he wouldn't comment. We are currently waiting on my insurance adjuster to sample fuel and go from there. Just putting my experience out here looking for input. Thank you