• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Electronic Throttle Control

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep, surging and pulsating when cold are warning signs.

cozycabin

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
thanks, have you ever installed a banks manifold? I sure as hell won't invest in another OEM. Any big risk factors to doing one myself, by no means a mechanic, I just manage to muddle by hook or crook and don't ruin too many things.

I'm not sure how I chose the masochistic mission to make this careening value truck a reliable performer for my home projects and kid hauling. I was wisker close to going and picking up the f150 for a killer deal new that day. Thinking I should have and put the 3 G toward it.

cozycabin

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
Yep, surging and pulsating when cold are warning signs.

is this the Mighy VS7 cleaner you'd mentioned as effective in another thread elsewhere?

I thought I'd try it, but may just do the new intake. Looks like a real pain from the pics I've looked at though.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep , I threw in the towel at 41K and Had the dealer replace the EGR and Intake under warranty. its this stuff and lots of work, Oil change,
Stationary de-soot etc

Mighty Foam.png

cozycabin

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
Ok, that 2 pack has the 'total intake system cleaner. the co. has a video on youtube and he's spraying it after the airbox so was thinking it was probably not what you used, and that it was not a foam. Looks like it's new expensive banks manifold and remove the egr eventually may just plate it for a time.
manifold looks miserable to do. then, just checking about getting a torx behind the egr, I'm not even sure how guys do it, I could barely get the socket back there, let alone a ratchet. what a cluster these are.
I just put a new map in maybe 10 days ago, it was pretty dirty when I looked today, egr re-coated in that short time before the tune, not bad of coure, not what you want to see though.

thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.

Lockej

Jul 17, 2019
Truck Year
So I’ve had my 2016 eco for one month (after a long ordeal with a 2014 that the dealer could not fix). It started having the service electronic throttle control message then the exhaust filter warning then went into limp mode. A week later and the dealer replaced the cat and turbo (they broke a bolt) along with the sensors in the cat... drive it 15 miles and service electronic throttle control comes on again... the good news is there’s Chrysler Gold warranty still on it. Any ideas?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
So I’ve had my 2016 eco for one month (after a long ordeal with a 2014 that the dealer could not fix). It started having the service electronic throttle control message then the exhaust filter warning then went into limp mode. A week later and the dealer replaced the cat and turbo (they broke a bolt) along with the sensors in the cat... drive it 15 miles and service electronic throttle control comes on again... the good news is there’s Chrysler Gold warranty still on it. Any ideas?
The problem is likely a sooted over MAP sensor and EGR diffuser tube. Since this is all dealer service, ask them to clean them and the trouble should go away. You need to do it yourself about once a year thereafter or put a GDE / Sofaking tune on your engine.

cozycabin

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
if you don't turn off your EGR, you'll need an '18 then a '20 and so on. The problems will keep coming and you'll destroy one after the other, rather each will do itself in.