• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Electronic Throttle Control

ki0eh

Dec 15, 2015
Truck Year
That's why I thought it was a bit peculiar. Of course I only have filled it from ultra-low-sulfur taxed highway diesel pumps so i would have disputed a contrary indication. The fix included reprogramming as well as injectors.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
Just had the Service Electronic Throttle code again. About the same weather conditions as last year. Just finished a 140 mile tow, truck was parked for a half hour, then started it to go to my daughters to let out the dog...less than a mile (very similar situation last year too) when I restarted the truck got the code. P0299 (Turbo underboost). Last year it was turbo temp or something like that. Took a few tried but cleared the code and all is good.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

PilotguyR6

Jun 20, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2014 BugHorn EcoDiesel with 45,000 miles on it and I had the Electronic Throttle Control light come on while driving at a constant speed around 45mph. Pulled over and then it wouldn't shift out of first gear. Bought a OBDII and cleared the fault, truck runs just fine now. I still have to take care of the recall on it, maybe that has something to do with it.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2014 BugHorn EcoDiesel with 45,000 miles on it and I had the Electronic Throttle Control light come on while driving at a constant speed around 45mph. Pulled over and then it wouldn't shift out of first gear. Bought a OBDII and cleared the fault, truck runs just fine now. I still have to take care of the recall on it, maybe that has something to do with it.

Welcome to the site! Smart move on buying your own OBD II reader. They are handy to have in situations like that..
I would recommend getting all the recalls done and see how it goes!