• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement/Extended Warranty Parts Covered

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks to @John for extracting this from the docs. I'm sticking this so it's easy to find in the future to locate what parts are now covered under the extended warranty from the settlement.

Consent Decree Appendix E
Extended Emission Warranty
Subject to standard limitations that must be identified to Eligible Owners and Eligible
Lessees, which may set forth exclusions like accident, abuse, neglect, or installation of noncertified parts, and applicable existing warranty provisions that will remain in effect, the
Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair the items listed
below.
• Catalysts
o Diesel Oxidation Catalyst / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Assembly
o Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) Catalyst
• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System
o DEF Injector
o DEF Injector Controller
o DEF Storage Tank
o DEF Delivery Lines
o DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 Model Year Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand
Cherokee only)
o DEF Supply Module, Pump, & Temperature Sensor Unit
• Parts of the Fuel System
o Low Pressure Fuel Pump Module & Level Unit
o Fuel Injectors
o Fuel Rail
o High Pressure Fuel Line
o High Pressure Injection Pump & Regulator Unit
• Parts of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
o EGR Cooler Tubes
o EGR Cooler
o EGR Valve
o EGR Temperature Sensor
o EGR Cooler bypass actuator
• Other Sensors That Are Covered
o Oxygen Sensors
o NOx Sensors
o Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor
o Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
o Fuel/Water Separator Sensor
o Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor
o Engine Camshaft Position Sensor
o Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor
o Particulate Matter Sensor
o Mass Airflow Sensor
o Boost Pressure Sensor
o Crankcase Pressure Sensor
o Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor
APPENDIX E TO CONSENT DECREE
MDL No. 2777 EMC
Case 3:17-md-02777-EMC Document 484-1 Filed 01/10/19 Page 207 of 224
o Throttle Valve
o Exhaust Temperature Sensor
o DPF Differential Pressure Sensor
• Engine Control Module (Computer)
• Transmission Control Module (Computer)/Valve Body & Solenoids
• Throttle Valve
• Cylinder Head Assembly, Including Valves, Springs, Valve Spring Keepers, Valve Seats,
Cam Bearing Caps, and Manifold Studs (Camshaft and other components of the assembly
are not covered)
• Engine Thermostat/housing/gasket
• The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators.
Additionally, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan
for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether
the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
I just had my AEM completed today. The truck seems a little more sluggish and turbo lag seems slightly worse. However, the mpg is the same of slightly better than normal.

The key piece missing from the list above is the actual intake manifold itself. Fortunately, I was able to persuade the dealer to replace mine a month ago based on photos of the EGR tube and innards of my intake.

jusntime

May 21, 2019
Truck Year
I got my V08 update yesterday too. I only have 100 miles on it, but I noticed more turbo lag, but better mpg.
I'm thinking about using my settlement money on a banks Power Derringer, all the power and will not void warranty.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
Thank you for the head's up and I will look into the Banks piece...

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
I got my V08 update yesterday too. I only have 100 miles on it, but I noticed more turbo lag, but better mpg.
I'm thinking about using my settlement money on a banks Power Derringer, all the power and will not void warranty.

I was looking into those as well. They seem really good compared to other box crap like Stealth, pedal commander, etc.
Banks has a video on youtube comparing like 5 box tuners. They dyno'd each one and gave real results, you should check it out.

AnniesRam

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
Received my update Wednesday, increased lag in turbo but by the time I got home, truck over heating and dash lit like Christmas tree!
Today dealer says bad EGR valve causing problems and is covered under new warranty.
I'm thrilled 2016 with 160,000 miles
Annie

sosuch

Jun 23, 2019
Truck Year
We have a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 we purchased in March of 2019 with 77000 miles. On our vacation trip we.got CEL after expense of initial hose replacement and rentals we got it back to the dealership where we purchased it. After several attempt to stop coolant loss they diagnosed EGR cooler. Cost staggering and not covered by the warranty we purchase. We stumbled on this forum and learned of the lawsuit and AEM etc for the first time. I have registered with FCA and they are scheduling the AEM. My question now is will the extended warranty cover the EGR problem that was just discovered

John

Nov 13, 2015
They say the warranty starts after the AEM but others have had success with contacting FCA and asking for help covering the repair.

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
Received my update Wednesday, increased lag in turbo but by the time I got home, truck over heating and dash lit like Christmas tree!
Today dealer says bad EGR valve causing problems and is covered under new warranty.
I'm thrilled 2016 with 160,000 miles
Annie
Did the EGR valve fix the Problem? how is it running now?

Cruz

Sep 15, 2019
Truck Year
Okay, this is helpful, but did i miss the mileage extension? When does this run out?

EddieMelo

Oct 26, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks to @John for extracting this from the docs. I'm sticking this so it's easy to find in the future to locate what parts are now covered under the extended warranty from the settlement.

Consent Decree Appendix E
Extended Emission Warranty
Subject to standard limitations that must be identified to Eligible Owners and Eligible
Lessees, which may set forth exclusions like accident, abuse, neglect, or installation of noncertified parts, and applicable existing warranty provisions that will remain in effect, the
Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair the items listed
below.
• Catalysts
o Diesel Oxidation Catalyst / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Assembly
o Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) Catalyst
• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System
o DEF Injector
o DEF Injector Controller
o DEF Storage Tank
o DEF Delivery Lines
o DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 Model Year Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand
Cherokee only)
o DEF Supply Module, Pump, & Temperature Sensor Unit
• Parts of the Fuel System
o Low Pressure Fuel Pump Module & Level Unit
o Fuel Injectors
o Fuel Rail
o High Pressure Fuel Line
o High Pressure Injection Pump & Regulator Unit
• Parts of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
o EGR Cooler Tubes
o EGR Cooler
o EGR Valve
o EGR Temperature Sensor
o EGR Cooler bypass actuator
• Other Sensors That Are Covered
o Oxygen Sensors
o NOx Sensors
o Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor
o Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
o Fuel/Water Separator Sensor
o Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor
o Engine Camshaft Position Sensor
o Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor
o Particulate Matter Sensor
o Mass Airflow Sensor
o Boost Pressure Sensor
o Crankcase Pressure Sensor
o Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor
APPENDIX E TO CONSENT DECREE
MDL No. 2777 EMC
Case 3:17-md-02777-EMC Document 484-1 Filed 01/10/19 Page 207 of 224
o Throttle Valve
o Exhaust Temperature Sensor
o DPF Differential Pressure Sensor
• Engine Control Module (Computer)
• Transmission Control Module (Computer)/Valve Body & Solenoids
• Throttle Valve
• Cylinder Head Assembly, Including Valves, Springs, Valve Spring Keepers, Valve Seats,
Cam Bearing Caps, and Manifold Studs (Camshaft and other components of the assembly
are not covered)
• Engine Thermostat/housing/gasket
• The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators.
Additionally, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan
for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether
the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty

EddieMelo

Oct 26, 2019
Truck Year
Hello. I'm new to the site. Just starting to have issues. Last week I replaced 3-way coolant valve that according to the dealer is not under warranty and not even a day later the Particulate "Filter is at %100-see dealer" notice comes up. I've got 96,000KM right now. Is any of this covered. If so, where can i get documentation? Really appreciate any help I can get on this!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hello. I'm new to the site. Just starting to have issues. Last week I replaced 3-way coolant valve that according to the dealer is not under warranty and not even a day later the Particulate "Filter is at %100-see dealer" notice comes up. I've got 96,000KM right now. Is any of this covered. If so, where can i get documentation? Really appreciate any help I can get on this!
I’d download alfaobd and get a 30$ scan tool and force a regen yourself. They’re going to fight the repairs tooth and nail and get you for whatever dimes and nickels they can

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
I HAD A FIRE IN THE INTAKE THAT BURNED HOLES IN THE PLASTIC INTAKE IN EARLY NOVEMBER AT 107,000 MILES. HAD THE FLASH DONE AND THE TRUCK RUNS LIKE CRAP . ON MONDAY NOVEMBER 25 TRUCK SHUT DOWN ,GOT IT TO DEALER ON 26TH . WED 27TH DEALER TOLD ME NEED TO TEAR THE MOTOR DOWN LOCKED UP. MOTOR WAS RUNNING WHEN DELIVERED . FCA TOLD ME TO TELL DEALER NOT TO TEAR DOWN UNTIL INSPECTED. NOW FCA TOLD ME I WILL NEED TO PAY FOR TEAR DOWN. THINKING ABOUT CALLING THE ATTORNEY THAT HANDLED THE LAW SUITE. NOW I HAVE A LETTER FROM FCA TELLING ME THE EGR VALVE CAN CAUSE A FIRE IN THE INTAKE. LOOKS LIKE FCA OWES ME A NEW MOTOR OR PAY FOR ALL RELATED REPAIRS. FCA HAS NO FIX FOR EGR VALVE.

jdavisEcoDiesel

Feb 3, 2020
Truck Year
I HAD A FIRE IN THE INTAKE THAT BURNED HOLES IN THE PLASTIC INTAKE IN EARLY NOVEMBER AT 107,000 MILES. HAD THE FLASH DONE AND THE TRUCK RUNS LIKE CRAP . ON MONDAY NOVEMBER 25 TRUCK SHUT DOWN ,GOT IT TO DEALER ON 26TH . WED 27TH DEALER TOLD ME NEED TO TEAR THE MOTOR DOWN LOCKED UP. MOTOR WAS RUNNING WHEN DELIVERED . FCA TOLD ME TO TELL DEALER NOT TO TEAR DOWN UNTIL INSPECTED. NOW FCA TOLD ME I WILL NEED TO PAY FOR TEAR DOWN. THINKING ABOUT CALLING THE ATTORNEY THAT HANDLED THE LAW SUITE. NOW I HAVE A LETTER FROM FCA TELLING ME THE EGR VALVE CAN CAUSE A FIRE IN THE INTAKE. LOOKS LIKE FCA OWES ME A NEW MOTOR OR PAY FOR ALL RELATED REPAIRS. FCA HAS NO FIX FOR EGR VALVE.
Keep us posted on this please.

dana06

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
What atty are you using?