• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement Warranty

Milkmaze

Apr 27, 2022
Truck Year
OK.. IMO It will create More soot, and Mileage will be effected, Many 2017-18 Owners that use the truck for DD use are having problems early on, How do I knows this Because 17-18 Owners have come here after 36K miles after dealer cannot promise the repair will be covered under the 100K miles or the current emissions warranty, All have claimed 1-3GPM less than 14-16 Owners.

I don't do service work anymore, I do more manufacturing of Fuel and engine parts, etc. I do a lot of software updates and diagnostics , I see by the Data what's going on. I also have shops around N/A that called for service help, I probably have more Resources than any Private company in N/A. I have deep connections into FCA.. 100s of ED Owners have called and Talked to Me over the Years.
Hello TC,

I’ve had a Jeep GC Ecodiesel since 2020 (it’s a 2014). I’ve had the AEM performed back in 2020 and since then I would periodically get a message that would pop up on my cluster that read “exhaust regeneration in progress, continue driving”. Well on February 11, 2021 that message popped up, and shortly thereafter a “low oil pressure” message popped up on the cluster while I was on the highway. About 5 minutes later there was a loud clunking and the vehicle automatically shifted into neutral and I made my way onto the shoulder of the highway. After not being able to get the vehicle to a dealership for a month (bc they were sooo busy) I finally got it there. After two weeks of having the vehicle, the service writer called me and said I need a new engine, but couldn’t give me a full diagnosis. His words were “it’s not worth it… it may be a lower end rod, or rod bearings”. He also says it’s not covered under the extended warranty that was issued in conjunction with the class- action lawsuit filed against FCA.

Please advise if you know of any resources that can help us out… I still owe about $10k on this truck and I bought it for my wife and children, and now we are a vehicle short but still having to pay a car note. The dealership is nooooo help!

Thanks in advance!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Milkmaze, your situation is happening far to often...No, if you do have extended Warranty Fiat will be un willing to help. For all the reader and viewers if you own VM3.0 Have $$$$ set aside for replacement engine, if you never use great. This is the only way in most cases after warranty expires to be prepared for the engine to puke.