• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement Warranty

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Latest update: Per instructions provided earlier this week to call on May 3rd, I reached out to FCA with the 'new' EcoDiesel Settlement hotline number (833-280-4748) and spoke with an Audra. She was able to confirm all my details via the last 8 characters in my VIN, asked for current miles on the truck (54K), miles when the repairs were performed (53,316) and so on. She put me on hold for about five minutes, and returned to indicate "...the 'settlement' apparently isn't finalized, and that at some point, I should get a 'recall' card in the mail for the EGR Cooler." She couldn't say when that might happen, but seemed to think since they spun up the hotline, it shouldn't be too long. (And it does initially answer with "Thank you for calling the FCA RAM and Jeep EcoDiesel Settlement Hotline" - or something similar to that.) So, more waiting. = | Stay tuned!
- Mark

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Hi all. So yesterday I had the official 'software' update for my ECM module performed as part of this settlement. I also called FCA's settlement number (833-280-4748) once again to hammer them about the promised reimbursement for my EGR cooler repair. That number now has a 'greeting' indicating payments for the settlements will commence in mid-June, and if you have the software updated, you'll receive your share of it ($3075.00 in my case) approximately six weeks after the software update. No one can tell me yet how to go about getting my repair for the EGR cooler reimbursed, though each of the three different people I've spoken with indicated it WOULD be covered. (And all told me if I were to have waited and taken it in for coolant going out the tailpipe now, I wouldn't be charged.)
On that note, I'll be topping off my fuel today, and pulling my travel trailer for the Memorial Day Holiday weekend tonight. I'll see if there is any noticeable degradation in power, performance or mileage. Initial observations on power is that it's no worse - other than when the engine is cold. It was 70 degrees here yesterday, and the first mile or two it was downright doggy - almost like it was in limp mode. But that returned to normal after a few miles. Once I get reimbursed for my repairs, I'll be going to Green Diesel for a new ECM and probably keep the factory one 'just in case' I need to have that in place for any other issues with the engine.
Have a great Holiday weekend everyone.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Performance Update: As noted by CS in Alabama and/or TC Diesel, the ECM software update does indeed noticeably affect performance and mileage. Brief weekend summary: Towed trailer 51 miles from my house to some private property we own on a trout stream for camping. Performance was 'adequate' at best; noticeably less torque and response with the trailer than it was prior to the software update. I usually average 11-12 mpg pulling the RV (~6300 lbs. loaded), I struggled to get 10 mpg with it - and only drove 65 mph. Weekend 'homebound' traffic was bad; probably only averaged 45-50 mph and still couldn't muster 10.5 mpg. No huge headwinds or conditions which would affect the performance and fuel economy.
Weekend also included a 120 or so mile round-trip (unloaded, no trailer, no load other than two additional passengers) for a Lake Michigan fishing charter excursion. All highway, all 65-70 mph. No traffic delays; weather in the 60's and 70's. As noted, the truck is absolutely LETHARGIC for the first few miles. A road trip like this would usually average 25-26 mpg on primarily a highway jaunt; it topped out about 23.5 mpg. So all the claims about this update not affecting mileage or performance - at least in my case - are simply not true thus far.
Called FCA after not seeing any updates on their settlement website indicating I've had the emissions software update applied to my truck. They said it could be 7-10 days before that is updated. So another delay in getting any kind of reimbursement for the settlement as well as my out-of-pocket EGR Cooler repairs... Stay tuned. :-|

Fixinater

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
Filled out the online form about a week ago, it seemed to go thru just fine got a case # and appears to be moving forward. Called my local dealer to make an appointment for computer reflash, they stated they are out of the kits. Apparently part of the reflash is a sticker and they can only order 6 at a time. So now I'm concerned about the performance and has mileage after the reflash. I often pull a travel trailer and won't be happy if my mileage falls off. I averaged 16.4 overall on a 8200 mile trip last fall. One of the main reasons I purchased this truck was to pull my 20 ft trailer, if the mileage is going to be less than 16, I won't be happy. Please let me know how other trucks are running after the flash.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I would recommend tuning the truck after the flash. Since you will be having that stack of money and all....

After the flash, the truck runs like it did before I put the GDE tune on it. But the mileage on my run home was only 22 mpg, where it was 25 before.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I had a great call with T.C. Diesel; he indicated it's very likely my plenum is also full of soot and carbon, and (this has been a problem several times with my truck already) there are valves in it that also get caked up. That crud can break loose and affect valves and other engine areas downstream. He indicated the plenum should be part of the 5 year/100,000 mile warranty and suggested I insist on them replacing that plenum as well; some of the hiccoughs currently being experienced with my truck are indicative of that not working correctly due to soot/carbon. TC - chime in if I have any of that incorrect!
- Mark

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Filled out the online form about a week ago, it seemed to go thru just fine got a case # and appears to be moving forward. Called my local dealer to make an appointment for computer reflash, they stated they are out of the kits. Apparently part of the reflash is a sticker and they can only order 6 at a time. So now I'm concerned about the performance and has mileage after the reflash. I often pull a travel trailer and won't be happy if my mileage falls off. I averaged 16.4 overall on a 8200 mile trip last fall. One of the main reasons I purchased this truck was to pull my 20 ft trailer, if the mileage is going to be less than 16, I won't be happy. Please let me know how other trucks are running after the flash.
My primary bone of contention at the moment is I'm out $2738.49 for an EGR replacement - performed in mid-April when I couldn't keep coolant in the RAM. That component is clearly (now) covered under the Emissions Settlement, and I'm just trying to get that cash back in my own pocket, and no one at FCA has been able to definitively guide me on how/when I'm eligible for that reimbursement. One would think (and I've sent in scans of the work order) they'd be able to confirm I got the ECM software update, and send me a check for both the settlement (supposedly $3075.00 in my case) AND my repair bill.

Fixinater

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
Having worked for an automotive company for many years and having gone thru many recalls while associated with them, they will pay. They have to, problem is finding someone with the authority to do so. Call them every day, keep asking for someone who can make a decision. Keep up with all the times, names of who you spoke to. Be relentless. Be a major pain in their workday. They have to reimburse you, because the part is in the recall. It's legally mandated you just have to find the right person, turn into a real pain. You'll get your $. Let's just hope we don't have trucks that are whimps after the flash. That would suck.

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Having worked for an automotive company for many years and having gone thru many recalls while associated with them, they will pay. They have to, problem is finding someone with the authority to do so. Call them every day, keep asking for someone who can make a decision. Keep up with all the times, names of who you spoke to. Be relentless. Be a major pain in their workday. They have to reimburse you, because the part is in the recall. It's legally mandated you just have to find the right person, turn into a real pain. You'll get your $. Let's just hope we don't have trucks that are whimps after the flash. That would suck.

I'm going to pick mine up in an hour and the wife really isn't going to let me tune until I get the check 😂

Needless to say, I'm terrified about how my truck is going to run

John

Nov 13, 2015
I'm going to pick mine up in an hour and the wife really isn't going to let me tune until I get the check 😂

It should be fine. 17 & 18's are fine too according to most.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year

I'm going with the Green Diesel Tune as well - after the money is in hand! :)

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Soooooooo Truck runs like shit...

As if the EcoDiesel didn't have enough turbo lag it's border-line dangerous to pull into traffic with this truck.
You can be rolling 40mph, step on the gas and there is literally ~2.5 second spool up time.

If I would have test driven this truck in this condition I would have never bought it.
It's a completely different truck and it's really a shame.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I have experience 1-1.5 MPG Hwy/City loss with NO side effects...

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I have experience 1-1.5 MPG Hwy/City loss with NO side effects...
TC - does the GDE Tune counteract all side effects associated with the AEM flash? Based on their website, those who've gone with the GDE ECM module replacement see noticeable improvements in mileage and performance. I'm sure looking forward to that after all the dust settles with my reimbursement for my cracked EGR and the settlement money is in my hand! On another note, dealer is balking at replacing the plenum; they want to 'check things out' and claim it could be a loose boost hose or something. - Mark

Vrocket

May 30, 2019
Truck Year
Just had my 2015 eco reprogramed at dealer. Once I get the check for $3075 I would like to put a GDE on to get the turbo lag to go away. Also have been told the oil will be cleaner.My concern is with the new 100,000 mile warranty what will using GDE void it? If I keep the reprogrammed unit and put it back in before returning to dealer if have a problem ,will dodge be able to tell it was swapped out recently ?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OK, here's My legalize Stand on Tuning. I make the exception on the 3.0 , The ERG Plenum is so inadequate its destroy this motor in Long Term ownership.

Factory warranty Voided emissions

Maybe I can clear this UP, GM All makers Must meet the certification REQUIRED by Federal Law. The instant YOU delete ON/OFF road use (The only exception to this law is Race or off road competition) GM or your Dealer cannot (legally) even repair the Vehicle if it has State Plates.
Enforcement is the issue, Many times action is NOT taken when the warranty is voided, This is the parties involved discretion, MAKE NO mistake YOUR warranty is voided the instant you make defeat or delete steps to any component that’s needed to meet the certification.
Enforcement is the major part of any Law, if No enforcement then it’s a statement, if the parties involved decided to enforce the law it is now binding and absolute.

Your warranty cannot be Voided on all component's that have NO bridge or connection, Example NEW radio cannot void suspension components, but it sure can void ALL electronic communications. Enforcement is the key Part of any law or warranty. When disagreements arise, they are generally decided by arbitration or Judge.

This statement is close to 10 Years old.

Fixinater

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
Just got my 2014 reprogrammed low speed throttle response seems better, smoother. Power is still there u just have the throttle slightly more. At this point no complaints. Time will tell when I start towing 6k.
for now my truck is ok.

Vrocket

May 30, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry to disagree but thus far the turbo lag when cold is worse. and appears MPG has gone down around town. Haven't taken on long trip yet.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry to disagree but thus far the turbo lag when cold is worse. and appears MPG has gone down around town. Haven't taken on long trip yet.
It's an Italian engine - you have to expect that each one will be different. We are lucky that the parts interchange.