• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement Warranty

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
So, have any of you gotten confirmation of your aem completion/ extended warranty is in effect? You can check here: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/eco-diesel-warranty.html#
I got my aem done the 4th day it was available and dealer logged it, and it's still not reflected in the system(thus warranty is not in effect) after 15 days. My truck won't restart in 46 miles without a def pump (covered by the ext. warranty.) So I'm basically stranded til this thing kicks in. Pleas let me know if you have confirmation and how long it took!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I called and here is what they told me. Don't worry about it showing up on the status. They have the records from the dealership of performing the V08 AEM recall. EVERY SINGLE file sent is being manually reviewed to ensure that all files were updated. This manual review is going to take time.

You are not stranded until the record kicks in. Take it to the dealer, it is covered. FCA customer care has the record that the flash was done.

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
I called and here is what they told me. Don't worry about it showing up on the status. They have the records from the dealership of performing the V08 AEM recall. EVERY SINGLE file sent is being manually reviewed to ensure that all files were updated. This manual review is going to take time.

You are not stranded until the record kicks in. Take it to the dealer, it is covered. FCA customer care has the record that the flash was done.
Thanks cs! My truck is actually at the dealer still. They're refusing to warranty and order the part until it's officially covered in the system. The settlement guy I talked to today even called the dealer and said the ext. Warranty was showing on my file, but the warranty clerk at the dealer said that wasn't enough. They keep telling me to just pay the 1700+ dollars and seek reimbursement. I'm told by fca this will take 90 days from the time my request comes before a reimbersement commity lol no thanks. I'll just wait I guess. At least I'm not the only one.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Your only option is to call FCA again and ask them to tow it to another Ram dealer. And PLEASE, never spend another dime at that dealer again.

Jun 9, 2019
Truck Year
So, unless I missed it, has anyone received or promised payment for both EGR replacement (mine in January) and the expected FCA settlement?

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
So, unless I missed it, has anyone received or promised payment for both EGR replacement (mine in January) and the expected FCA settlement?
I had my EGR cooler replaced in April; probably like you, it was $2740 out-of-MY-pocket. The FCA Settlement phone number now has a blurb before they let you talk with someone announcing checks will be mailed starting June 17, and for those getting the software update it'll be six weeks after it's 'posted' on your 'Settlement Account' before payment goes out. That's for the settlement distribution (like $3075 for owners.) I've called FCA three times to check on my REIMBURSEMENT and no one can tell me anything other than my paperwork is "...in place and being reviewed by a case worker." Like you, I'm awaiting the $3075 as well as my out-of-pocket reimbursement of $2740. It's a waiting game.

Last edited:

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks cs! My truck is actually at the dealer still. They're refusing to warranty and order the part until it's officially covered in the system. The settlement guy I talked to today even called the dealer and said the ext. Warranty was showing on my file, but the warranty clerk at the dealer said that wasn't enough. They keep telling me to just pay the 1700+ dollars and seek reimbursement. I'm told by fca this will take 90 days from the time my request comes before a reimbersement commity lol no thanks. I'll just wait I guess. At least I'm not the only one.
I'm a month late in this post's reply, but I hope you avoided reimbursement at all costs. I had to pay out-of-pocket in April for a cracked EGR cooler ($2740+) and filed a claim. It was closed shortly after by FCA because I was told it would be covered under the Emissions extended Warranty. I went through all that noise - got the AEM flash done on May 23, submitted all the paperwork, and - like others - was informed via the FCA Reimbursement Portal that the AEM hadn't been done. Dealerships records not only showed they'd done it, but THEY had received the labor reimbursement for the AEM work on June 1 from FCA! I called FCA and groused about it all, and they said, "Well, we don't know why the portal isn't reflecting it; we can see it was done by your local dealership..." So a few weeks ago it finally indicated 'Check Mailed to the address on file..." but I've still not gotten that for the settlement check. Regarding reimbursement for the EGR cooler, I had to submit an entirely new claim for that - done on June 3rd. And all they can tell me is, "That'll take 30-60 days to be reviewed." No timeframe on that at all. So the frustrations continue. :cautious:

Last edited:

TornadoTJ

Nov 15, 2019
Truck Year
My 2014 was just flashed today. I've been reading through the paperwork, including the paperwork they gave me today, and nowhere does it say the length of the extended warranty. Has anyone been able to confirm the length of the new warranty?

I found this unofficial information on another site:
According to FCA, “The Extended Warranty term is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first. The extended warranty will be provided free of charge and will be fully transferrable if owners or lessees sell their eligible vehicles in the future.”

Dan905

Mar 13, 2020
Truck Year
The whole settle is here https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/content/dam/fcacourtsettlement/pdf/DOJ_Consent_Decree.pdf

As you read the pages form pages 80 + FCA is NOW ordered to report violations to the EPA, They are also ordered to monitor and implement

Subject to standard limitations that must be identified to Eligible Owners and Eligible Lessees, which may set forth exclusions like accident, abuse, neglect, or installation of noncertified parts, and applicable existing warranty provisions that will remain in effect, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair the items listed below.

• Catalysts o Diesel Oxidation Catalyst / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Assembly o Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) Catalyst
• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System
o DEF Injector o DEF Injector Controller
o DEF Storage Tank o DEF Delivery Lines
o DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 Model Year Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee only) o DEF Supply Module, Pump, & Temperature Sensor Unit
• Parts of the Fuel System
o Low Pressure Fuel Pump Module & Level Unit
o Fuel Injectors
o Fuel Rail
o High Pressure Fuel Line o High Pressure Injection Pump & Regulator Unit
• Parts of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
o EGR Cooler Tubes
o EGR Cooler
o EGR Valve
o EGR Temperature Sensor
o EGR Cooler bypass actuator
• Other Sensors That Are Covered
o Oxygen Sensors
o NOx Sensors
o Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor
o Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
o Fuel/Water Separator Sensor o Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor
o Engine Camshaft Position Sensor
o Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor
o Particulate Matter Sensor
o Mass Airflow Sensor
o Boost Pressure Sensor
o Crankcase Pressure Sensor
o Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor .
Throttle Valve
o Exhaust Temperature Sensor
o DPF Differential Pressure Sensor
• Engine Control Module (Computer)
• Transmission Control Module (Computer)/Valve Body & Solenoids
• Throttle Valve
• Cylinder Head Assembly, Including Valves, Springs, Valve Spring Keepers, Valve Seats, Cam Bearing Caps, and Manifold Studs (Camshaft and other components of the assembly are not covered)
• Engine Thermostat/housing/gasket
• The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators.

Additionally, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty.
The whole settle is here https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/content/dam/fcacourtsettlement/pdf/DOJ_Consent_Decree.pdf

As you read the pages form pages 80 + FCA is NOW ordered to report violations to the EPA, They are also ordered to monitor and implement

Subject to standard limitations that must be identified to Eligible Owners and Eligible Lessees, which may set forth exclusions like accident, abuse, neglect, or installation of noncertified parts, and applicable existing warranty provisions that will remain in effect, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair the items listed below.

• Catalysts o Diesel Oxidation Catalyst / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Assembly o Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) Catalyst
• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System
o DEF Injector o DEF Injector Controller
o DEF Storage Tank o DEF Delivery Lines
o DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 Model Year Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee only) o DEF Supply Module, Pump, & Temperature Sensor Unit
• Parts of the Fuel System
o Low Pressure Fuel Pump Module & Level Unit
o Fuel Injectors
o Fuel Rail
o High Pressure Fuel Line o High Pressure Injection Pump & Regulator Unit
• Parts of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
o EGR Cooler Tubes
o EGR Cooler
o EGR Valve
o EGR Temperature Sensor
o EGR Cooler bypass actuator
• Other Sensors That Are Covered
o Oxygen Sensors
o NOx Sensors
o Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor
o Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
o Fuel/Water Separator Sensor o Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor
o Engine Camshaft Position Sensor
o Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor
o Particulate Matter Sensor
o Mass Airflow Sensor
o Boost Pressure Sensor
o Crankcase Pressure Sensor
o Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor .
Throttle Valve
o Exhaust Temperature Sensor
o DPF Differential Pressure Sensor
• Engine Control Module (Computer)
• Transmission Control Module (Computer)/Valve Body & Solenoids
• Throttle Valve
• Cylinder Head Assembly, Including Valves, Springs, Valve Spring Keepers, Valve Seats, Cam Bearing Caps, and Manifold Studs (Camshaft and other components of the assembly are not covered)
• Engine Thermostat/housing/gasket
• The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators.

Additionally, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty.
Does this settlement include all Eco diesels I’m in Ontario Canada just curious if I’m entitled to the extended warranty?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No, USA Only is My understanding.

Dan905

Mar 13, 2020
Truck Year
Shit!! I’m really wishing I didn’t buy this truck now!! I just have this feeling I’m gonna get screwed!! I’ll be calling the ppl who sold it to me and see if I can get out of this deal lol I’ll be buying nothing but new vehicles from now on!! I feel I may have just bought myself my own personal nightmare! 😩

Nmcsc

Mar 14, 2020
Truck Year
Hey all
I bought a 2016 ram 1500 EcoDiesel one year ago 4/19 with 73000 miles.
I just turned 102000 and noticed I was looking antifreeze. No leaks I could see but it was definitely low. Filled it up a few days later low again.
Then I got a warning electronic throttle control unit. Truck would stay in limp mode.
I figured it was out of warranty so I took it to my mechanic who knows these diesels very well. He ran a diagnosis. It had a couple of boxes one of which was the turbo was not responding correctly. He told me to take it Dodge that theres a recall on the egr and other stuff as well.
Dodge takes it in calls me today and said the motor needs to be replaced that the turbo was coming apart and foriegn particles were getting into the engine.
I asked is it under warranty? Is it part of the lawsuit settlement?
Well we don't know he said.
Has anyone received a new engine or compensation?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hey all
I bought a 2016 ram 1500 EcoDiesel one year ago 4/19 with 73000 miles.
I just turned 102000 and noticed I was looking antifreeze. No leaks I could see but it was definitely low. Filled it up a few days later low again.
Then I got a warning electronic throttle control unit. Truck would stay in limp mode.
I figured it was out of warranty so I took it to my mechanic who knows these diesels very well. He ran a diagnosis. It had a couple of boxes one of which was the turbo was not responding correctly. He told me to take it Dodge that theres a recall on the egr and other stuff as well.
Dodge takes it in calls me today and said the motor needs to be replaced that the turbo was coming apart and foriegn particles were getting into the engine.
I asked is it under warranty? Is it part of the lawsuit settlement?
Well we don't know he said.
Has anyone received a new engine or compensation?

Have you had the update and AEM refresh done? Was it done by the previous owner? If so it should be covered under the extended warranty unless you are in Canada.

Northof49

Apr 17, 2020
Truck Year
No the updates had not been done.
Just got in as a member. I think we got screwed heavily in Canada. How can you know if all the updates are done on the Ecodeisel. Mine is a 2014 ecodiesel crew cab 4x4

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Just got in as a member. I think we got screwed heavily in Canada. How can you know if all the updates are done on the Ecodeisel. Mine is a 2014 ecodiesel crew cab 4x4
The dealer who did the update should have notified FCA. By looking up your trucks VIN # on the FEC site it should say. There should also be a sticker in the engine bay.

Northof49

Apr 17, 2020
Truck Year
Thank you, will check. I did when on the site to register my truck. It was refused. I bought it new in canada, so we are not part of that coverage I supposed!!