• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement Warranty

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
the tune will end all that mess. But clean your MAP sensor and change your oil as soon as you tune it. Your driving style will help a great deal as diesels love that kind of use.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Soot is the Ecodiesel's demise and the EGR is the culprit. The GDE tune turns off the EGR soot maker. Your 22 mile commute to work is a positive, can't do better than that.

I have no experience with the Throttle Control Module codes or problems. Can't help you on that one, however, I have seen several posts on the various forums regarding theThrottle Control Module.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
the tune will end all that mess. But clean your MAP sensor and change your oil as soon as you tune it. Your driving style will help a great deal as diesels love that kind of use.
Pardon my ignorance - what's a MAP sensor? I did watch the video and read a number of testimonials on GDE; looks like about a 30 minute effort which the average mechanically inclined individual could do. Thanks again!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor. Back in the day with a carburetor if you drove up a mountain you would have to stop and lean it out. The MAP sensor does it for you automatically, Unfortunately, the EGR dumps soot on it making it less able to get an accurate reading. It makes your truck run rich.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Latest EGR Cooler 'Settlement' update: Per instructions from FCA last week to call back on May 1, I did so yesterday. (This is for getting reimbursed for the $2700+ for the EGR Cooler replacement from a couple weeks back, which I had to initially cover out of my own pocket.) I spoke with another courteous FCA rep, (Dillon) who informed me the 1-800 number I called wasn't the correct department to deal with for any EGR Cooler settlement issues, and that they'd created a 'new' division/department with a different 1-800 number to handle and process those exclusively.

He then indicated they weren't taking any calls at that number until Friday, May 3rd. So tomorrow I'll call and see what the process is. They did indicate I need to register at http://www.ecodieselsettlement.com (which I'd already done weeks ago) and then call 1-833-280-4748. Stay tuned!

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
CS/TC Diesel - question: (One of you may know the specifics on this.) I went to the Green Diesel website and am going to purchase the reprogrammed/tuned ECM unit. However, as part of the emissions settlement with FCA, I see it involves a 'software update.' I'd bet that's required to be eligible for the $3075 cash part of the settlement. Would that overwrite the programming in the GDE module? Should I just wait until FCA updates whatever software they're going to on my RAM's 3.0 ED, and then swap it out with the GDE unit?
Thanks guys! - Mark

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
I just had to replace my DPF Sensor a couple of weeks ago 2k miles outside of the 36k mile warranty on my 2016. They stated it was not covered because the whole system didn't fail. I had a nice little $600 bill at the dealer...

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
CS/TC Diesel - question: (One of you may know the specifics on this.) I went to the Green Diesel website and am going to purchase the reprogrammed/tuned ECM unit. However, as part of the emissions settlement with FCA, I see it involves a 'software update.' I'd bet that's required to be eligible for the $3075 cash part of the settlement. Would that overwrite the programming in the GDE module? Should I just wait until FCA updates whatever software they're going to on my RAM's 3.0 ED, and then swap it out with the GDE unit?
Thanks guys! - Mark
yes. In my case I kept my original ECM so I can put it back in when I need to. You can do that or mail it back to them when the dealer reflashes your ECM.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes ...you should wait until $$$$ in hand, and that includes GDE, They have NO idea what the AEM may include, They (FCA) are required under the terms of the agreement to monitor AEM, So the update may include detection software, Thus you could find yourself with legal problems if you return for service work and its found the AEM standards not in operations...I can find any Tuned vehicle in Minutes if I decide to look... its No special process so any capable tech would be able to do the same. You can change the PCM/ECM info is store in other modules to look.

Just proceed with caution and things will work out...

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Yes ...you should wait until $$$$ in hand, and that includes GDE, They have NO idea what the AEM may include, They (FCA) are required under the terms of the agreement to monitor AEM, So the update may include detection software, Thus you could find yourself with legal problems if you return for service work and its found the AEM standards not in operations...I can find any Tuned vehicle in Minutes if I decide to look... its No special process so any capable tech would be able to do the same. You can change the PCM/ECM info is store in other modules to look.

Just proceed with caution and things will work out...
I would just buy the GDE tuned ECM and keep my factory ECM for when I go to the dealer. That way you are driving with a good tune right away. Yes, it is an extra cost but i think it is worth it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Makes NO difference... You can compare the Hr meter to the EVIC module, it will show the differences, the internal clock will be off.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Makes NO difference... You can compare the Hr meter to the EVIC module, it will show the differences, the internal clock will be off.
but the question is, why would anyone do that? If you go into the dealer because your turbo died and it is covered under the new service agreement and all the emissions equipment is on the truck, why would a dealer go to all that trouble? Who would tell them to do that? The dealer wants to do repairs and they want you as a customer, why would they want to go to all that extra effort to see if you had changed out your ECM for a service visit? I think you never have a problem.

But I do appreciate that yes, if they want to investigate, they can discover your actions.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Because FCA will be looking to find violations, Nick mention to Me that instruction to proceed on AEM requirements ( Arrived Yesterday)included FCA Approval and all info is downloaded sent to FCA.. its NOT warranty, its a service contract. Once FCA finds AEM ,Is/was not operational the vehicle NO longer is covered. After the Agreement is finalized I will post the requirements.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Guys - thanks for all the information and feedback. Sure good to know for a 'diesel newbie' like me. (Always been relatively handy with normal maintenance - spark plugs, rotors/distributors, carburetors (back before electronic ignition and fuel injection) and of course rotating tires, changing oil & filters, fuel filters and the like. Even this ECM effort looks relatively easy. The kicker is how do I keep this engine running well and durable for as long as possible!? - Mark

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No it don't....How is the EVIC going to update the ECM....Not to mention its a Felony in most States.

For the sake of this conversation I will replace the PCM with ECM..Their technically is NOT ECM on the ED

Last edited:

John

Nov 13, 2015
The hours and mileage are not stored in the ECM. They are simply updated to the ECM from another module.

The ED does have an ECM some times referred to as a PCM.
ECM (Engine Control Module). PCM (Powertrain Control Module)
Technically you could say the ED uses a ECM since there's a separate module for the transmission. TCM (Transmission Control Module).

I'm not a lawyer so don't know anything about your felony comment.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Do you have access to WItech?

Next time I hookup to FCA vehicle I will sip pictures of what I'm talking about...