• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SFT Tuning Vs. Box Tunes.

fxclm5

Mar 16, 2018
Truck Year
I agree 100% with John Jensen,

the absolute shit flingy towards SFT on the other website was comical.....

you guys should review the other forum, 99% of the threads will read GDE solves this that and even makes your tires magically inflate to the correct level...

they gave me abuncha warnings saying i was gonna get banned because I kept posting up about the ecodiesels going up in smoke from all the fb groups, they of course denied it, said I was just making stuff up, so I started screen shotting the messages and posting it, then they just said i kept on creating fake fb accounts to publish these random threads full of pictures of diff trucks caught on fire........

seriously 2 diff mods pm me, and I responded to their PM and they never responded back, because they just keep claiming I was making all of it up lol

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
fxclm5
I thought I read where an owner (because of your posts?) did say his GDE tuned truck caught fire. The caveat was the fire was not caused by the tune, however, I don't think he said what caused the fire. And if I remember right, his post came up shortly after GDE said no GDE tuned trucks have caught fire. So how do the moderators conclude you are making it up?

Seems like the whole thing thankfully died out after you called them out. Also seems like there's a lot of carelessness with the truth when discussing or defending GDE. Drama is not my thing!

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Sounds like a PAID endorsement to me. Just to sugar sweet.

Why is it that every time someone praises SFT here, on other forums, or even on facebook - people jump to the conclusion that it was paid? Yeah, it was paid I PAID THEM for the tune and it's running great. I want more people to experience this and don't want them damaging their trucks with cheap box tunes.
Please do not make me out to be a sell out, a sham, or a fraud.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Why is it that every time someone praises SFT here, on other forums, or even on facebook - people jump to the conclusion that it was paid? Yeah, it was paid I PAID THEM for the tune and it's running great. I want more people to experience this and don't want them damaging their trucks with cheap box tunes.
Please do not make me out to be a sell out, a sham, or a fraud.

They just can't accept that there's a tune besides GDE that is as good, maybe better. I had the GDE hot tune and it was great. That said, the longer I use my SFT tunes the more satisfied I am and their service is outstanding.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I think most accept the fact that there are a handful of tunes available for the ED. People have opinions and they will vary.

GDE gets a lot of praise because they probably deserve it,. That doesn't mean others don't. Let's face it GDE is popular for a number of reasons. Very importantly they have been in the business a long time and have done tons of work for FCA in the past. The fact that they test their tunes extensively means a lot to some while others are willing to take a chance with something new. If you live in CA you don't have the GDE option. How many in CA would have it if they could? I think we all know the answer. :)

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I think most accept the fact that there are a handful of tunes available for the ED. People have opinions and they will vary.

GDE gets a lot of praise because they probably deserve it,. That doesn't mean others don't. Let's face it GDE is popular for a number of reasons. Very importantly they have been in the business a long time and have done tons of work for FCA in the past. The fact that they test their tunes extensively means a lot to some while others are willing to take a chance with something new. If you live in CA you don't have the GDE option. How many in CA would have it if they could? I think we all know the answer. :)
John,
We all know the fine reputation of GDE, what is the purpose of your post?

When you say, "How many in CA would have it if they could? I think we all know the answer.", you might be surprised.
Not only does SFT cost less, but SFT also has features that GDE does not have and some for which you pay extra with GDE. Plus, SFT does not charge to update their ECM tune when they make a change or upgrade. No one using SFT tunes has complained or reported dissatisfaction, in fact, they are reporting all positives. So much so that we are accused of submitting "paid for" posts. I have used and dealt with both GDE and SFT and I can easily testify that SFT's tunes work as well or better than GDE and SFT customer service has been far better than GDE.
My point is if everyone learned the SFT and GDE differences GDE might not be the "go to" tune.

John

Nov 13, 2015
John, I was replying to Patrity. I should have quoted his text but I thought it was obvious.

The purpose of my post is the same as yours. "My point is if everyone learned the SFT and GDE differences GDE might not be the "go to" tune.

So no sense in you asking me the purpose of my post is the same as me not asking you.

C'mon now enough with the bitter feelings because CA decided GDE can no longer support your tune.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
John, I was replying to Patrity. I should have quoted his text but I thought it was obvious.
The purpose of my post is the same as yours. "My point is if everyone learned the SFT and GDE differences GDE might not be the "go to" tune.
So no sense in you asking me the purpose of my post is the same as me not asking you.
C'mon now enough with the bitter feelings because CA decided GDE can no longer support your tune.
Great! Good to know. Apparently I misunderstood your, "we all know the answer". After reading you GDE reputation I assumed you meant the answer to be GDE. There goes that "assumed" getting me in trouble again.

However, I still don't get how your reply answered Parity's question of why do people conclude that SFT praises are paid posts.

Regardless, no harm, no foul and absolutely no bitter feelings. I'm as happy as a pickle out of the jar.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's simple. Draw your own conclusion about product/services you see talked about. Call them, talk to them, see if they meet your needs, do some research on the company, see how they handle themselves online and on the phone, etc.

I'm not sure why people get so worked up over competing companies.. I've been around diesels and performance tuning for years, and the EcoDiesel platform is no different then the others.. people have their favorites, and it's up to YOU to decide who you want to use. These forums are nice to ask for opinions on how product "X" works, but it shouldn't be sole deciding factor on your purchase.

I wish GDE and Sofa King were more involved here as they pop in every few weeks, put a sales plug/post in and disappear. At least @SofaKingTuned created a DIY article that benefits the members.

In fact, if I was a competing tuning company, I would post here EVERY.SINGLE.DAY to help my business and hopefully educate potential customers on my product.. that would be a smart business decision..but hey, what do I know?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Great! Good to know. Apparently I misunderstood your, "we all know the answer". After reading you GDE reputation I assumed you meant the answer to be GDE. There goes that "assumed" getting me in trouble again.

However, I still don't get how your reply answered Parity's question of why do people conclude that SFT praises are paid posts.

Regardless, no harm, no foul and absolutely no bitter feelings. I'm as happy as a pickle out of the jar.
View attachment 2205
Cool. I like nothing better than burying the hatchet. :) You're right I didn't actually address the "paid posts" part. I don't have that answer and it never came from me that I can recall. I like it best when we are all happy.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Cool. I like nothing better than burying the hatchet. :) You're right I didn't actually address the "paid posts" part. I don't have that answer and it never came from me that I can recall. I like it best when we are all happy.
I have an endless supply of hatchets, so don't stop the responses.

Correct, you've not been part of the "paid posts", you always post with class.

Arkie has a good idea. Think I'll sit in the patio, have a beer and pet my Lab

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
you got me, Arkie. Is the 16 your age? Yep. He paid me, gave me a piece of the company, and a year supply of kitkats.

No, unfortunately no, but he gave me a hell of a lot of his time. That goes quite a ways with me.
No, couldn't be that I just bought a new map sensor out of warranty, hated my turd of a truck, AEM just doubled the displeasure, and was going to go get a gas f150 and this turned it all around.

such a clownish remark.

It's just too weird how all these GDE guys are so childish about anything but GDE. Hey, I was gonna get that too. I'm glad they have a great thing and so many are happy with it. Grow up a tad and be happy if someone gets a good result with something outside your fanvision.
That's one thing I don't do is talk when I have absolutely zero grounding in the topic.

As stated, love the truck now, I love finding nothing objectionable about the ram eco any more, which is about all I found about it previously.
In a country that apparently hates diesels I'm glad SFT brought these tunes.

I'll be glad to send you my receipt, would that be sugar sweet, Arkie?

I was reading some stuff here on the forum, saw John's comment and thought I could at very least give an honest couple sentences for the extra time and friendliness he offered me... the owner of the company. Not some foreign speaking customer service rep who knows nothing. I'm no genius, I fix and mod all my my own stuff, but Jimmy knows a lot, quite a lot.

Still just bizarre how he's getting attacked by GDE and their customers. Same guys with a Calvin peein' on ford or chevy stickers I guess. Any way, I got no more time for this. Thanks for getting your lonely thought out their Arkie16.
Can't we all just get a TUNE of our choice without all this negativity. I will go with GDE because they have been selling tunes the longest, but if you like SFT so be it.

fxclm5

Mar 16, 2018
Truck Year
TBH this sounds like a paid GDE ad trying to deface SFT

Extremely happy with my SFT tranny tune, immediately my evic mpg is up in the 28s @ 70mph

I had a pretty severe 2nd gear bump but its gotten ALOT better in the past few drives, so bad my gf and I were like wait for it 4 - 3 - 2 oh yea there is the bump, but it looks like it adapted well and changing itself and making it smoother....

Amazing a tranny tune can improve mpg ( i havent ran a full tank but its pretty obvious after 1-200 miles), the other forum wont believe it, but shit if you see how the tranny acts, it makes total sense, i get into 8th super fast, and im outta 1st gear super fast all the damn time.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year

Extremely happy with my SFT tranny tune, immediately my evic mpg is up in the 28s @ 70mph

I had a pretty severe 2nd gear bump but its gotten ALOT better in the past few drives, so bad my gf and I were like wait for it 4 - 3 - 2 oh yea there is the bump, but it looks like it adapted well and changing itself and making it smoother....

Amazing a tranny tune can improve mpg ( i havent ran a full tank but its pretty obvious after 1-200 miles), the other forum wont believe it, but shit if you see how the tranny acts, it makes total sense, i get into 8th super fast, and im outta 1st gear super fast all the damn time.
How much did you pay for the SFT trans tune?

John

Nov 13, 2015

From my understanding it's possible to gain up to 1 MPG with non-hwy driving. Once you hit 8th gear the stock trans tuning is the same a any other aftermarket tune.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
From my understanding it's possible to gain up to 1 MPG with non-hwy driving. Once you hit 8th gear the stock trans tuning is the same a any other aftermarket tune.

In stock mode my 8th gear will unlock, with my SFT tune 8th gear stays locked.