• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Soon to be 2020 Ecodiesel owner from Mass

CKSlack

Dec 7, 2019
Truck Year
Just remember fca suggests marshmallows, graham crackers and Hershey’s chocolate bars in the center console Incase the engine decides that a bonfire is in order!

Good thing I like graham crackers then :)
But prefer reese's melted over them....

Its all a good laugh... but I bet the ones that this has happened to ain't too funny. I am actually starting to second guess this purchase. I wanna have confidence that FCA got is right this time... but then again... I don't want to be going ballistic when I"m on the side of the road..

Wish me luck

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
CKs,Being aware to make correction cannot be over emphasized. You will have some trouble, much has changed, and it sounds like unless its a hero out of the gate ownership past warranty NOT goona happen.

Were theirs knowledge Luck is not Necessary.

CKSlack

Dec 7, 2019
Truck Year
Well.. got the call this morning and photos of them unloading it from the transport truck. Glad my dealership was sending me updates along the way. Made a few phone calls and picked it up this afternoon and drove Rufus home... yup.. my son has named it Rufus... Don't ask me why.. :)

First impressions is it is an absolutely gorgeous truck. Ride quality is second to none... VERY VERY quiet on the highway.... Diesel engine is pretty quiet but standing outside of it you can tell its a diesel, but on the inside unless you accelerate pretty good, its not even noticeable.

Best of all the wife loved the ride home, so I guess its a keeper...

Didn't get it on the road till after dark... stopped for dinner celebration and the highway we hit for a nice comfy ride home...

I will be posting more info as I get more time in the seat... but for now Rufus is in the garage just in time to avoid a snow storm in the morning.

Attachments

• NewRam2020LimitedEcodiesel.jpeg
    NewRam2020LimitedEcodiesel.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 6

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well.. got the call this morning and photos of them unloading it from the transport truck. Glad my dealership was sending me updates along the way. Made a few phone calls and picked it up this afternoon and drove Rufus home... yup.. my son has named it Rufus... Don't ask me why.. :)

First impressions is it is an absolutely gorgeous truck. Ride quality is second to none... VERY VERY quiet on the highway.... Diesel engine is pretty quiet but standing outside of it you can tell its a diesel, but on the inside unless you accelerate pretty good, its not even noticeable.

Didn't get it on the road till after dark... stopped for dinner celebration and the highway we hit for a nice comfy ride home...

I will be posting more info as I get more time in the seat... but for now Rufus is in the garage just in time to avoid a snow storm in the morning.

Good looking truck!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
CKSlack, those 22" you need to be really careful, Fortunately I have connections, I gouch the left rider side at the Kwik-Trip care wash. Our Rim Recovery guy fix it like New , even at My Cost it was 585.00 for new rim. I change them to the Laramie Rims and tires, I was waiting for a mistaken order to grab the rims off the New Truck, That Happen Late Oct. I will just keep the 22s until it ( 2019 Limited) go's back to Ram.
Those High profile tires have flat spots and MN winters and that tire down right dangerous.

The ride improved considerably with the Laramie Tires. The Laramie Tires and the 22" Limited tires within 1/6 in size so no need to change calibrations.

I look forward to your review. in 2-3 Years with updates along the way.

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
Why all the problems with the 3.0L? I'm assuming that the big Cummings diesels have to have all the same emission components. Is it a bad design with the 3.0L? I know the EPA has choked the hell out of the diesel engine, but you don't have the same issues with the Cummins diesels; is the 3.0L a bad design or is it just something that is inherently wrong with a small diesel engine?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

it is a good lookin truck!

CKSlack

Dec 7, 2019
Truck Year
I'm 6 days into the new truck and have a few likes/dislikes. Very minor and mostly personal. At this time very happy with the purchase and time will tell on the Gen3 motor.... only got about 150 miles on it so far, but averaging 24mpg and that's short highway and town riding and around Boston the highway riding is always stop and go. I will continue to post more as time goes on and look forward to others feedback as well.

The ride and interior can't be beat. This thing is VERY quiet on the highway and handles like a dream
technology is beyond what I could ever want and free wifi for 3 months or (I think 3 GB of data) is pretty cool
1 year of Sirius Guardian to control things like locking the truck, cranking the truck from anywhere you have wifi on the phone is cool.
Ability from the smart phone search for a location on a map and send it to the truck, so when you pop in the truck the Nav is prompting you to click ok to take you to your destination is another great feature.
Tailgate, love it.... easy access without having to reach over the bed... while I haven't had any issues reaching over beds for the past 40 years, it is certainly convienant to be able to swing the door open and no reach... :)
Moon roof is absolutely stunning and huge. and speaking of huge the back seat is very large and I could see myself riding back there on a cross country trip. Very comfy, roomy and heated and cooled seats... very nice.

Dislikes:
Trailer tow mirrors. This may be something I get used to but they are too big. When I ordered the truck I saw that it mentioned "
Power Trailer-Tow Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away"
I took that to be Power folding mirrors with fold out for trailer towing since the mirror fold up and out for wider view for trailer towing. This is my biggest pet peeve now and I've asked the dealership to price out replacing them with the standard power fold mirrors. While this is on me since I ordered them without researching totally, they are barely able to fit into my stock sized garage door opening. A friend of mines' son has already ripped this same type mirror off the passenger side of his 2018 ED Limited last week. I will be very careful, but if my wife or son jumped in and backed out of the garage... I could see that happening.

Rambox is warped on the passenger side and the regional manager wants to see and document it in person to open up a case with FCA. While its on the front of the passenger side of the rambox I'm hoping it doesn't catch water and leak. Hoping they take care of this asap.