• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The U.S. officially sues FCA over EcoDiesel emissions.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its call a combustion tester, Yes I had 1 on lease form the MPC agency. I'm 100% positive that the NVFEL has more resources and would be presenting that data at trial. You can do some simple testing yourself, Remove the diffuser Tube Plug the Plenum inlet and start the engine, Let rum for 7.5 Minutes (Running Temp) the EGR Valve will shut and stay shut at idle, place vehicle in gear it will open or step on the APPS, You can even re-direct the EGR gases out the wheel well, you can continually drive W/O no codes or limp mode, do this same test on any other diesel and it pop codes and warnings. You can also unplug the EGR Bypass and it will NOT throw codes until the EGR thermo coupler triggers a default code at idle. which is easily cleared and Does NOT effect operation at all No impact what-so-ever. I will have to find the document, But when Bosch officers were before a board of inquiry In Germany They openly admitted that Software for conditional use was purchased by FCA, The ED 3.0 should NOT be confused with VW, it completely different programing on condidtional service..... What I find odd is all these law firms taking actions against FCA and NOT 1 of them has provided even the elementary failings of the 3.0 emissions, Maybe they are waiting on the Criminal Charges outcome to proceed , I don't know.

MrKelly

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I
Maybe I should've stated, IMO no way the 'common' man is offered a buyback on a perfectly running machine. Your dealings and relationship with FCA is anything but average it appears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I was a happy owner until I was given two issues back to back; been at dealership for third week now with a day in between to use my boat when second check engine light and issue came on display. Glad some people are having no issues; even though mine is under warranty I have to deal with time off work and that adds to loss of pay for myself as a Firefighter. So far I have accumulated a total of 53 hours taken off of work; not to mention the other costs with having to acquire a friends vehicle to relocate boat and trailer. As well as having no tow vehicle or rental vehicle of comparison meanwhile. I am one of the unfortunate few, it seems.

Attachments

• IMG_6392.JPG
    IMG_6392.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5780.JPG
    IMG_5780.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6005.JPG
    IMG_6005.JPG
    400.1 KB · Views: 17

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
All these problems the 3.0 engine blowing up and shutting down, does have me worried, I am getting ready to leave Pennsylvania to go back home to NC , 715 miles one way. Right now, I have 22,000 on my 2016 big horn 4x4. I do have the extended warranty of 120,000 and seven years. All oil changes, fuel filter changes, have been done at the dealer. I would just hate to be sitting on I-95 on a 100 degrees day, with a truck full of things waiting on a dodge dealer to answer the phone and tow me in and give me a loaner. Plus I will have to find a hotel at a moment's notice that will take our German Sheppard in with us. This is on my mind big time. I am strongly considering buying a 2018 Ford F150 when they do get put up for sale. I know there might be problemwith that truck when it comes on line. So far, I have only one Nox sensor fail, and everything else has been wonderful. I contacted the lawyer from the class-action suit and asked if I sell my truck now would I still be considered as a member of the class action. Her answer is: "Right now, all the cases have been consolidated into one, and we’re getting ready file a master complaint (which is the document making allegations against FCA) on Wednesday. Then the defendants will try to get the case dismissed (pretty standard), and we will oppose. If you sell your truck, you might be treated differently under any judgment or settlement that is reached. But it’s too early to tell how that will shake out. For that reason, we typically advise owners to make the decision to sell based on personal financial reasons, without factoring in what will happen in the class action. We are working to get recovery for everyone, especially those who (like you) would be forced to sell your truck at a loss. But there’s just no guarantee. "

I hope that’s helpful. Let me know if you have any additional questions
So right now for me, I hope this wonderful truck keeps roaring on, running good with no problems, some of the night mares other people have been having does have me worried.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
If you're losing sleep over the truck not getting you from point A to B, sell the dam thing. I'd hate to live that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Justlucky do OAs to ease the worry, Now you must establish trends so it may take some time but its worth the effort and the Cost.

The civil lawsuit No thanks , I will wait on the DOJ outcome, Yes FCA has agreed to take Back My ED on terms .In all Fairness I will wait if FCA wins I will Keep My ED. If you have a strong relationship with the selling dealer see if they will go to bat for YOU.