• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The U.S. officially sues FCA over EcoDiesel emissions.

patricedufresne

Mar 21, 2017
Truck Year
I'm willing to bet the exhaust line on a 2017 John Deere is longer than a foot. What year's yours? But this is Bull SH%%. I changed my soot laden ecodiesel oil, then gave it to my buddy to burn in his waste oil furnace. Up his chimney, not out my tailpipe. Joke.
Mine is a 2016! You're 100% right! Moreover, if pollution is the concern, well stop all diesel engines(excavator, buses, cruise ships). I spent 12 years in the Navy and we often went out for ''exercises'' for weeks and trust me, we burned a S+++ load of fuel.

issanni

Sep 26, 2016
Truck Year
The only problem is, most only come to forums to report issues. The ones that drive and enjoy their EcoDiesel's daily usually don't signup and/or post to report the good things.

Really, we have no way of knowing how many "fail".
Just like anything, people only come to bitch when they have a problem. Not when things are going well. You go talk to a dealership mechanic I'm sure he can tell you about all the "issues" with every vehicle they sell. Just cause a dealer is familiar with it doesn't make it a common problem. I'd like to see a real number on the number of engine replacements vs. ED's sold. Also, would like to compare that to PowerStroke and Cummins issues.

issanni

Sep 26, 2016
Truck Year
This motor is Hero or Zero Status , it is plague with problems, For those that use it in daily operation in Hwy use they are holding up well, The Family use will be costly... VM QC is beyond shocking ad that to FCA handling the Legality matters is more reprehensible.

I'm fortunate to have a hero, Here's the OA , the 1% fuel form the Plenum foaming and Aggressive Regen prior to sample, it was expected.

I have received calls from owners on 2nd-3rd Motors and failing early mileage to as high as 137K Miles. Generally the common failure rotating mass.
My question is were all those engine failures possibly caused by the 5w30 oil?

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
In legal news. Again reading a hard copy, July 2017 edition of Car and Driver magazine article entitled The Fix Is In, I'm sure they are on the internet. Story relates an EPA and CARB approved software fix for ALL GEN III VW TDI vehicles, test drive showed NO loss of performance but an increase in DEF consumption. The gist of the article reveals a Court approved Consent Decree for fixes to all Generations of TDI with replacement DPF & NOX catalysts, software updates, and the only version to loose fuel mileage is GEN I which does not utilize a DPF. I feel it is relative in that all the recalled, repurchased VW vehicles are being allowed to be "repaired" for resale as used vehicles by VW in the U.S. by Court approved Consent Decree with VW and EPA/CARB. So, fingers crossed, maybe there is a light, possibly, at the end of the tunnel for the ED!

Windell LaRue

Jun 30, 2017
Truck Year
These engines are the biggest piece of crap on the market. I purchased one in July of 2014. In 2 years the engine needed replaced. 21,000 miles on it. I no longer own it. My coworker got one a month after me. Has since filed lemon law on it. His neighbor purchased one and the engine went and he no longer owns it. Fiat Chrysler should be thanking the feds for not allowing them to sell these scrap piles to unsuspecting Americans, who are expecting to get a trouble free engine.
I read a report from an FCA engineer,out of 105,000 3.0 sold in rams and jeeps they have had 900 engine failures,which I consider too high but its less than 1% and they claim there is no design problem with the 3.0.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I read a report from an FCA engineer,out of 105,000 3.0 sold in rams and jeeps they have had 900 engine failures,which I consider too high but its less than 1% and they claim there is no design problem with the 3.0.
I would absolutely love to see that report.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Tow Happy

May 14, 2016
Truck Year
900 engine failures out of 105000 engines would earn it a 4th place ranking in between Mercedes and Volvo for reliability by Warranty Direct. Pretty good company I think.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
You guys are dreaming. 900 is not even in the neighborhood of the actual number.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'm skeptical as well, hence the importance of producing said report.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I would definitely like to see a real report on that but in my opinion 900ish seems a pretty reasonable number

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Mr. Windell, do you have a link to the report you read on engine failures?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I agree 100%.

I'm waiting on the final outcome of the Criminal Charges...But I promise you this FCA will be taking/Buying MY ED back...I don't care why they do , but they will be. Boostn Only fool (America has a bumper crop of fools) would take risked this engine requires owners to incur. BIGTEX is just another victim of the 3.0 go blow.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
With every one of these heartbreaking stories, the book value of these trucks takes another fall. They are toxic property at this point and the only people buying them are the people who do no research first. And Tex just took one hell of an FCA kick in the nuts.

A buy-back is the only way to make owners whole again. None of us should appreciate being FCA's guinnea pigs.

I will be driving to South Carolina from Minnesota next month for my son's basic training graduation. I can't decide if I should risk taking my year old Eco with 10K miles on it or not. I would never forgive myself if I missed his graduation because I was broke down somewhere between.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
You guys can keep dreaming of a buyback, but it's not gonna happen, nor should it. FCA honors their warranty it seems, what the heck else ya want???? Better question is, where is this entitlement mentality coming from...

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You guys can keep dreaming of a buyback, but it's not gonna happen, nor should it. FCA honors their warranty it seems, what the heck else ya want???? Better question is, where is this entitlement mentality coming from...

I'm Very ,Very conservative , But 3 years of QC problems ,Couple with criminal Charges..= entitlement. What do you (Brady) think that owners are just throwing spaghetti on the wall hoping it sticks? If You Brady believe for 1 micro second that the whole/all ED problems are aired on the Social networks? Most owners will never use the net media for the short comings of any products use .

Brady, Your 100% wrong in My Case FCA has already offered to buy back MY ED, Maybe its BC I'm well respected Business Man in N/A or they just don't want to have another un-satisfied customer. Who knows...and Frankly its good Business to keep long time loyal Buyers happy. I'm waiting on FCA to show its hand concerning the rumors of New power and the final outcome of the DOJ charges. Until than I will Do what I wish, when I wish, and How I want to do it. My vehicles are purchased and sold on business terms, I don't call them My baby, I don't use expression(s) like love to any vehicle., Its stickily business, and owning any 3.0 VM is risky business.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Maybe I should've stated, IMO no way the 'common' man is offered a buyback on a perfectly running machine. Your dealings and relationship with FCA is anything but average it appears.

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Maybe I should've stated, no way the 'common' man is offered a buyback on a perfectly running machine. Your dealings and relationship with FCA is anything but average it appears.

Brady ..My Oil pressure gage stopped showing the PSI it was stuck At 0, The live gage I installed, My factory gage was still showing PSI because it was above 8 PSI ( This happened in IN) when I returned home and removed the live gage the orifice was plugged with sludge I removed the sludge and reamed the orifice larger. But keep in mind that this same sender is used in all My other engines problem free for years. Also the engine is in a service LOF 5-8k miles on a OAs. I also cleaned/foamed the plenum Before I left to IN put the 3.0 into Aggressive Regen and changed the oil.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Perfectly running would include legally sold, The EPA has resources and generally works with violators to correct what they deem to violate the CAA, I find it very odd for them to provide the DOJ with criminal violations. The EPA does NOT have control over the CDX (Central data exchange) so whatever FCA is claiming its lockup beyond the EPA reach, obliviously the DOJ can access the CDX at will if deem prudent..

Tow Happy

May 14, 2016
Truck Year
If I'm reading all of the posts correctly on 3 different forums, shouldn't anybody who did a tune on their diesel to delete emission controls be criminally charged by the EPA? I know in California, I just had to have my 2 year old truck smogged. So what is the difference who did it, sounds like we are all guilty. By the way, my truck runs great.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
I keep saying this: I am pretty certain there has GOT to be a portable version of the emissions testing equipment (saw one on Mythbusters for "gassers"). I will gladly let them put it on my tailpipes on my RAM and let them pull data to their hearts content. If the emissions pass within legal limits at varying speeds, then shut up and go away!!