• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck Stop DEF

Bruce

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
Anyone getting DEF at the pump from a truck stop? I think I remember seeing it when a buddy was fueling up. Is it cheaper than by the gal at Wal-mart? For some reason I want to say I saw it at $1.50ish but can't be sure.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Anyone getting DEF at the pump from a truck stop? I think I remember seeing it when a buddy was fueling up. Is it cheaper than by the gal at Wal-mart? For some reason I want to say I saw it at $1.50ish but can't be sure.

I have a big truck stop by me that has def at the pump for $2.05/ gallon. Only problem is this station is always very busy with big rigs. Every time I've driven by they have at least one truck waiting to pull in to one of the bay's. I've never had the nerve to pull my pickup in with all those OTR trucks. Just don't want to piss those guys off. That's there livelihood. Maybe I'm being to passive?

Last edited:

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea I say go ahead. Just don't lolligag around and you'll be fine. I plan on using the truck stop near me as well.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Yea I say go ahead. Just don't lolligag around and you'll be fine. I plan on using the truck stop near me as well.

I would only go for the DEF. The Tri Par station by me has diesel much cheaper then that truck stop.

But your probly right. As long as I don't take up the pump for to long why would they care.

We are moving into our new house in the middle of next month so I'll have to find a new station and def place:(

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah the big truck guys will give me crap all the time and tell me these lanes are only for big trucks, well they aren't, I have my cdl, and both the def nozzle and all big truck nozzles for diesel fit in our receptacle,
Ive always filled up at the flying j or pilot since new. I always run into the red, then go top all the way off.
Funny thing is I deliver 55 gallon drums of adblue def to the dealerships and it comes out .50c higher per gallon even in bulk. and the 2.5 gallon jugs are $15.00 higher per gallon at the dealerships.

I did find a new def at Walmart for $8.00 per 2.5gal made by supertech, compared to $11.00 for the adblue at walmart

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Find a local tractor dealership. I am the parts manager for a Case IH tractor dealership...all of our tractors now use DEF and I sell it by the gallon for about $1.50 out of my bulk tanks

Bruce

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
Find a local tractor dealership. I am the parts manager for a Case IH tractor dealership...all of our tractors now use DEF and I sell it by the gallon for about $1.50 out of my bulk tanks

Nice! I'm on the hunt.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Filled up once at Flying J Truck stop, 10.00 worth (0.79 per litre). No issues, will do it again when the time comes.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'll have to swing by my local case and check that out because it sure would beat the 2.79 truck stop DEF

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Can't beat the convenience of using the truck stop and throwing in 10.00 worth every oil change, not worth the bother to save a few pennies. I try not to fill up to the top. Just enough to the next oil change.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
When you're 2 hours from the nearest truck stop with DEF on tap but only 5 minutes from case IH? I think I'll try and bug them.

And I intermittently add to my DEF tank because I usually use the 2.5gal jugs and just throw one in when it's around half. I've only done on tap once but Case should be real convenient in my particular scenario

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I'm fortunate, that I am always near truck stops and my truck doesn't use much DEF, only had to add 10.00 worth once. I'm almost at 17,000 km, oil change due around 23,000 and still got half a tank of DEF. I'm using so little, it not worth my bother. When I hit the last white line, I then will add another 10.00 which will fill 2/3 of the DEF tank.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
20k miles and I think I've put in 3x2.5gal adBlue jugs and 8$ from the truck stop at 2.79/gal. Have a hair under half a tank. That's lifetime. Not bad. Like you said it's not enough to count the pennies on