• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
how smart is FCA?

-Get caught---put out crappy fix----price falls out---buy back at half price---

I wish I had taught of it

fiero11

Sep 30, 2019
Truck Year
I am curious if you have noticed a hesitation in the initial acceleration. From a dead stop mine takes a few seconds before it moves then it accelerates suddenly.
I just bought a 2015 and it does the same thing...at intersections it scares the crap out of me! It does not matter how hot or cold the motor is and it does it almost all the time. The mileage is nothing to brag about either...not happy and I just got it.

Suprshol

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
I own a 2017 Laramie Eco Diesel bought new at Elk Grove Ram (CA). Bought it because they sold a couple of hundred at $20k to 23k off of MSRP a little over a year ago. (I figured I'd never be able to buy another brand new loaded up truck for $33k plus government fees and tax.) I guess I can't complain much.

It too was flashed with AEM prior to delivery. I really don't have too much concern once the engine is at operating temperature. But it does have the dreaded dead pedal lag when cold. I haven't driven a pre AEM truck so I don't have much to compare.

I noticed a couple of you mentioned using the Banks Derringer. Does this address the issue of the cold throttle lag? I get that it provides a HP and torque boost at full throttle. But does it take care of the low rpm lag as well?
One of you mentioned a regen trouble light activation with the Derringer. Isolated incident or common problem? I've always had faith in Banks' engineering.

I already have 40k trouble free miles on truck including about 10k towing miles (7000 lb travel trailer). I don't want do anything to screw up it's reliability. I also live in one of the few rural counties in CA that doesn't require bi-annual smog checks (Calaveras County). Any insite would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
I have the derringer installed in my 2016. It helps with cold engine lag but doesn’t eliminate it. I’ve found that driving in tow/haul mode helps significantly because the transmission shift points take better advantage of the engine’s torque curve. The aem update changed the shift points.

The connectors for the derringer are very touchy, they have to be seated completely or it’s possible to get codes. I got a few codes initially but called Banks and they walked me through reseating the connectors. No issues since.

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
OK, now I'm really frustrated! Finally got through all the FCA red tape and settlement claim check is supposedly being mailed. Finally decided to get more serious about buying a tune and reached out to GDE with some questions last night and got the following response this morning... GDE: "We are not able to reflash/install our tune at this time due to changes in the EPA rules. Best to contact your state representative...". UGH! Anyone gotten this response from GDE???

fiero11

Sep 30, 2019
Truck Year
I have been trying to tell people on this forum that recommend putting a retune on the truck that as of last month,. ALL non EPA compliant items are illegal to sell or use whether it is on or off road or racing, and that companies can not sell an item unless it is EPA compliant, so no more EGR deletes or program tunes for the moment. Most likely future tunes will not be as good but will be available.

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
I have been trying to tell people on this forum that recommend putting a retune on the truck that as of last month,. ALL non EPA compliant items are illegal to sell or use whether it is on or off road or racing, and that companies can not sell an item unless it is EPA compliant, so no more EGR deletes or program tunes for the moment. Most likely future tunes will not be as good but will be available.
Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with the forum recently so I missed this warning. If I had known this I would have pulled the trigger on buying a tune before now...salt in the open wound...

fiero11

Sep 30, 2019
Truck Year
Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with the forum recently so I missed this warning. If I had known this I would have pulled the trigger on buying a tune before now...salt in the open wound...
I feel your pain...I just bought mine and a week after I got it and found it had issues, the EPA put the screws on getting a good fix.

team RAMrod

Sep 26, 2019
Truck Year
i just bought my 2015 used, about 2 months ago. i had to bring it back for a broken reverse camera and i was told they took care of a recall. after they did that though, i noticed my mpg went from around 26 to 21. is it possible they did this update and didnt tell me?? and if so, where do i go to get this cash bavk for being compliant now?

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
i just bought my 2015 used, about 2 months ago. i had to bring it back for a broken reverse camera and i was told they took care of a recall. after they did that though, i noticed my mpg went from around 26 to 21. is it possible they did this update and didnt tell me?? and if so, where do i go to get this cash bavk for being compliant now?
You should check with the dealer that did the service and confirm what recall they performed. If they did the AEM update they should have given you some paperwork including a warranty extension for emissions components and had you to sign some forms. If you want to check eligibility and submit a claim go to www.ecodieselsettlement.com. To submit a claim you will need to download/fill out the claim forms from the site and provide a copy of drivers license, registration, proof of vehicle purchase. They will also eventually need to see proof that the AEM recall was actually performed (either confirmation from dealer or copy of service invoice).

Note: There are legalities involved so it is not a quick process. My initial claim submission was in June - still do not have check in hand yet...

team RAMrod

Sep 26, 2019
Truck Year
ok thanks, ill have to call and ask then. thanks for the info. its not too late to put.in a claim. even thoughnuts after August 1st?

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
ok thanks, ill have to call and ask then. thanks for the info. its not too late to put.in a claim. even thoughnuts after August 1st?
Looks like the settlement site does say August 1, 2019 for "former owners". A few pages down it also mentions Feb 3, 2021 deadline for "current owners". Since you are a second owner the one thing that might disqualify you is if the previous owner already submitted a claim and collected the $ (but that would also mean the truck already had the AEM recall done before you bought it). There is a hotline number you can call 1(-833-280-4748) and they can probably tell you if your VIN is eligible or has already had a claim against it...

team RAMrod

Sep 26, 2019
Truck Year
yeah i was trying to make my way through that legal stuff but it makes my brain hurt reading it. i didnt see that number though. that will be my fist move i guess. thanks for sparing me more reading, for now lol.

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
I'm very disappointed with the emissions update. Just waiting to get in an accident, acceleration from start sometimes good, sometimes slow, sometimes floored with no response for 2-4 seconds very scary! Went on road trip to High Sierra's I've been there many times with this truck, after the update, transmission down shifts a lot where it never did before, fuel economy went down by 4 miles per gallon. It was so bad I took it back to the dealer thinking the update was installed wrong but nope, they told me everyone who got the update was complaining about the same things I was but nothing they could do about it. I've filled out all the paper work to receive my refund for making my truck compliant but I would sooner have my truck back from before the update!!! Anyone have any ideas where to go from here? Is there a new lawsuit to join? Let me know??
I said the same thing !! But they said they couldn’t change the update...now after they have replaced the sensors the catalytic converter,fuel pump now they are replacing the engine good luck!!

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
Just had my emissions recall done a few days ago as well on my RAM Limited. Got suckered like others into thinking it was the right thing to do. Also, everything I read said "Performance, Drivability etc would not be impacted"...What a crock! I am having the same side effect as others - zero acceleration from a stop for 2-3 seconds. What I have noticed is that it seems very much related to engine temperature. When the engine is below 150 degrees the acceleration is terrible and downright dangerous (old ladies with a cane could walk faster). Over ~ 150 degrees and the performance improves. It seems they have added significant governing on the acceleration when the engine is below a certain temp. As others noted the dealer just washed their hands of it, claimed they couldn't do anything and gave me a recall complaint number to call...big frigging deal...they didn't have a clue either

Does anyone know what legitimate recourse we have? They have turned my truck into a $60K piece of crap!

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
This description fits my Truck Exactly!! Took it to dealer yesterday with this, and two other unrelated issues. Dealer also say's they can't do anything. Have a call into Chrysler Customer Care. Also using at least twice the amount of DEF. My service advisor had always previously towed the party line and never said anything negative, but this time he said the problem is rampant.
Ya it’s called a lawsuit from California emissions 😁 honey your only getting started... it’s been 4 months since my update and spending the last 6 weekends for fixes now they are replacing the motor good luck

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
What is upsetting I did not get a choice on the update now our dealership is paying for it!!! In just the last month sensors have been replaced, catalytic converter last week this week was the fuel pump I didn’t even get it home and the check engine light was on again !!!! 😡🤬🤬 now we are looking at replacing the engine. I have been stranded 3 times since this update for throttle issues... we can’t afford to trade ... making payments to a truck that has spent the last 3 months at the dealership....I used to love this truck now I can’t stand to look at it much less try to commute 100 miles a day to work with it ...as soon as I can dump it it’s gone!!!! Ford is looking better and better....

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
*******UPDATE******
I wrote an email to the attorneys that handled the class action lawsuit against FCA. I had a long conversation with them about the situation.
They have my video that i sent them and other so if you have not already contacted the attorneys please do. I was told that they had a meeting with the judge and FCA to discuss the issue we are having after the AEM. The attorneys told me that FCA is on the hook to fix this by the end of the year. This was told to them by the Judge that is handing the case. Our voice is being heard so please contact the attorney office if you have not already. The emails and concerns are being heard and it is making its way to the courtroom.
Here is the email of the attorneys office. ([email protected] Wilson Dunlavey) Please keep sending in your concerns so that it can make its way to the judge. The more we complain the more pressure will be put on FCA to do something. I wanted to share this information with the forum. So hopefully they have something to fix this.

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Also i was informed that the dealerships should not be installing the AEM recall without your consent!!!!!!
So i they did you should definitely contact the attorneys that are handling this case. I was told that the recall should not be applied unless you agree to it PERIOD.

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
*******UPDATE******
I wrote an email to the attorneys that handled the class action lawsuit against FCA. I had a long conversation with them about the situation.
They have my video that i sent them and other so if you have not already contacted the attorneys please do. I was told that they had a meeting with the judge and FCA to discuss the issue we are having after the AEM. The attorneys told me that FCA is on the hook to fix this by the end of the year. This was told to them by the Judge that is handing the case. Our voice is being heard so please contact the attorney office if you have not already. The emails and concerns are being heard and it is making its way to the courtroom.
Here is the email of the attorneys office. ([email protected] Wilson Dunlavey) Please keep sending in your concerns so that it can make its way to the judge. The more we complain the more pressure will be put on FCA to do something. I wanted to share this information with the forum. So hopefully they have something to fix this.
Thank you for all the information and your time it’s much appreciated 😊- I will be contacting the attorney to file a complaint !! I have been fortunate to have a dealership that has done everything in their power to make this right from reading what other people are going thru. I urge you don’t take no for an answer when the mechanic/ dealership tells you there is nothing they can do or they want to charge you the fix or rental car you really need to tell them—- this is Unacceptable!!!! Please let me talk Your supervisor ...trust me when I say the owner of the dealership they are fully aware of this and our aware that the update from this AEM does ruins the motor and it will need to be replaced ..there is a lot of good information out there on how emissions on a deseil engine works obviously the group that decided on this update flash did not consult a diesel mechanic first!! .. PLEASE..consumers..don’t take NO for answer contact the attorney file a complaint And take the truck back and tell them to make it right!! Especially if you are still making payments..