• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

drosslander

Dec 4, 2016
Truck Year
Think about us poor owners in Canada where they want us to do the update with no compensation and no extended warrantee. Unbelievable that Ram isn't doing more to fix this issue. Just when I was feeling good about switching from GM.

Brian Hartenstine

Nov 11, 2015
Truck Year
Has anyone used a banks tune on their truck? My local 4wheel drive performance shop recommended this instead of a ECM tune!
I ordered it but haven't had it installed!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Has anyone used a banks tune on their truck? My local 4wheel drive performance shop recommended this instead of a ECM tune!
I ordered it but haven't had it installed!

Those will never be as good as a custom tuned ECM, but they are better than nothing.

Ramcountry

Sep 20, 2019
Truck Year
No, it is still very sluggish. your push the pedal and it hesitates about two seconds then takes off. I have a 2015 with 125k miles. I was very happy with my trucks performance before. It's a real bummer.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
Hi,

I have a 2018 1500 SLT, I have experienced this issue of the truck not responding since new. It seems to happen when I have been driving on the highway for awhile then turn onto an exit slowing down to enter the through lane and then when you need it most, no acceleration!
It has happened several times and always when trying to accelerate into the flow of traffic .

I am afraid that one of these times I am going to get t-boned or rear-ended.
I have had many drivers give me the what's your problem look or the high sign and I don't blame them, I would also wonder why the doofus in the Ram is entering the highway at such a slow rate when traffic is moving along @ 110Km (68 mph).

It seems like either the transmission isn't shifting down or the electronic throttle is late to respond.
Either way its scary.

When I complaind at the Dodge dealer they told me that would have to take their tech out for a drive and duplicate the issue as I described it, I did and couldn't make it happen.

So now what?

PS. my truck averages 9.3L/100Km = 25.5 US MPG

You need to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
( NHSTA.gov) and send an email to the lead counsel firm in the original AEM lawsuit. The attorney assigned to follow up on the AEM issues is Wilson Dunlavey. His email is [email protected] or call the firm at 415-956-1000 ext. 2241 is his legal assistant.

They are very good at returning emails and calls and seem diligent in pursuing these issues.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
No, it is still very sluggish. your push the pedal and it hesitates about two seconds then takes off. I have a 2015 with 125k miles. I was very happy with my trucks performance before. It's a real bummer.

You need to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
( NHSTA.gov) and send an email to the lead counsel firm in the original AEM lawsuit. The attorney assigned to follow up on the AEM issues is Wilson Dunlavey. His email is [email protected] or call the firm at 415-956-1000 ext. 2241 is his legal assistant.

They are very good at returning emails and calls and seem diligent in pursuing these issues.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
Filed complaint with FCA and they said go to dealer and closed complaint. Filed complaint with safercar.gov . Dealers
have nothing, they are left in the dark with us.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
Go to safercar.gov and file a safety report. The sooner more people do this the sooner they will get Dodge to do something.
I also sent an email to the lead counsel firm in the original AEM lawsuit. The attorney assigned to follow up on the AEM issues is Wilson Dunlavey. His email is [email protected] or call the firm at 415-956-1000 ext. 2241 is his legal assistant.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
Filed complaint with FCA and they said go to dealer and closed complaint. Filed complaint with safercar.gov . Dealers
have nothing, they are left in the dark with us.
Go to safercar.gov and file a safety report. The sooner more people do this the sooner they will get Dodge to do something.

I also sent an email to the lead counsel firm in the original AEM lawsuit. The attorney assigned to follow up on the AEM issues is Wilson Dunlavey. His email is [email protected] or call the firm at 415-956-1000 ext. 2241 is his legal assistant.

RKS

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
After the AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) my truck turned into a slug from a dead start causing a severe traffic hazard while entering traffic. I have already filed a safety report to safercar.gov Hopefully if they get enough complaints about this they will have the power to make FCA do something about this. Please report this problem to safercar.gov.

blahargoue

Jul 12, 2019
Truck Year
I own a 2017 Laramie Eco Diesel bought new at Elk Grove Ram (CA). Bought it because they sold a couple of hundred at $20k to 23k off of MSRP a little over a year ago. (I figured I'd never be able to buy another brand new loaded up truck for $33k plus government fees and tax.) I guess I can't complain much.

It too was flashed with AEM prior to delivery. I really don't have too much concern once the engine is at operating temperature. But it does have the dreaded dead pedal lag when cold. I haven't driven a pre AEM truck so I don't have much to compare.

I noticed a couple of you mentioned using the Banks Derringer. Does this address the issue of the cold throttle lag? I get that it provides a HP and torque boost at full throttle. But does it take care of the low rpm lag as well?
One of you mentioned a regen trouble light activation with the Derringer. Isolated incident or common problem? I've always had faith in Banks' engineering.

I already have 40k trouble free miles on truck including about 10k towing miles (7000 lb travel trailer). I don't want do anything to screw up it's reliability. I also live in one of the few rural counties in CA that doesn't require bi-annual smog checks (Calaveras County). Any insite would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce

ALAN HIIESALU

Jan 31, 2017
Truck Year
I got the emissions letter and offer for $2800.00
After reading all your complaints there is no way I am going to let them do this to my Dodge RAMM 1500 4X4
They can keep the money and I will keep my truck that gets 30 miles to the gallon!!! Thank God for this fourum I all most took the bait.
I guess I should not get it repaired maintained at a dealer, they might slip me the EPA pill

Rigram

Aug 15, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I sent in my issue to:

They replied with :
Mr. Rigets,

Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately, since 2018 vehicles are not a part of the class and the vehicle was not purchased in the US or ever registered in the US we are unable to assist you with regards to the EcoDiesel settlement. We recommend you reach out to your dealership regarding your concerns as well as FCA customer care.

Warm Regards,
Alexandra Brilliant

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
I just sent in a letter to FCA "top care" for them to either repurchase the truck from me or fix the issue with my truck.
Here is the address to send in a letter if you are not getting satisfaction.

ATTN: TOP CARE
FCA-US-LLC
PO BOX 21-8004
AUBURN HILL MI 48321-8004

FCA is dragging their feet on getting the settlement money out to people and fixing the issue. Very unhappy with the way FCA is handling the situation. They should be repurchasing these trucks like audi did with their issue if they cannot fix it by the settlement agreement or are not able to do so. The customer service line, ecodiesel hot line and corporate are not will to help and are saying their is nothing they can do. The only people that made out on this is the attorneys. So us getting 3000 dollars and then have to spend 1000 to fix the truck with a tune is not what we should have to do. BS. Then i am out of warranty and maybe not pass inspection in my state. When we go to sell the truck it is the lemon that no one wants. A local dealership that i trust basically told me that i will get less for my truck because of the cloud that hangs over it. Believe me if do nothing i have no choice but to tune the truck which i am going to do anyway but the first thing is FCA needs to do the right thing. The letter i sent in is a last effort to see if there is something they will do to make it right. If they buy back the truck and help me get into a HEMI i would be all for that. My truck is in excellent condition and has 35000 miles on a 2016 Laramie. Love the truck but I will not put my 5 year in it because the truck right now cannot get out of it own way. I hope you send in a letter to let them know of your discontent. it take 5 minutes to put your thoughts into a letter. I hope this helps us get a resolution!!!

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
I sent in my issue to:

They replied with :
Mr. Rigets,

Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately, since 2018 vehicles are not a part of the class and the vehicle was not purchased in the US or ever registered in the US we are unable to assist you with regards to the EcoDiesel settlement. We recommend you reach out to your dealership regarding your concerns as well as FCA customer care.

Warm Regards,
Alexandra Brilliant
i just sent an email to the attorney. thanks for the info.

bequianeo1

Jul 26, 2019
Truck Year
Shop called today. now they say it needs a new egrcooler, oh and it backordered
:0
Update:

Got my truck back on the Aug. 20th. 22nd limp mode again this time with codes ( fuel related). soonest the shop could look at was the 26th so dropped it off again that Monday. Still there not fixed no word on what it might be.

Bought the truck in March 2019 paid well north of 30,000$ for the options I wanted, 1800$ on new wheels and tires with less that the shop has put more miles on then I have. drove it for 4 months, 6000 miles. now the KBB is like 28,000$. hope the buyback Protection works !!!!