• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

3js

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
It is not s transmission issue. The truck is moving but the turbo first builds boast at 3000 rpm unlike it previously ramped around 2000 rpm.

3js

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
I will definitely look at filing the complaint. Thanks for the info to file.

Bighead-Todd

Aug 20, 2019
Truck Year
Time to tune or change your driving style. Stay safe. :)
Change my driving style...no way! :)
I actually have two vehicles with eco-diesels. The one I drive is the 2014 Ram Longhorn with every option and I absolutely loved the truck SO I ordered the GDE tune and will be having it installed next week. I was going to trade it in for the 2020 version but now it is Ford Raptor time...I would go for the hemi version of the 2020 Ram but I don't want to reward FCA for their shady practices.

However, the other vehicle is my wife's 2016 Grand Cherokee Summit and it only has 43,000 miles on it. If this problem doesn't get fixed soon she has her eyes on a Range Rover....ouch. Maybe I can send FCA a bill for the difference?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Change my driving style...no way! :)
I actually have two vehicles with eco-diesels. The one I drive is the 2014 Ram Longhorn with every option and I absolutely loved the truck SO I ordered the GDE tune and will be having it installed next week. I was going to trade it in for the 2020 version but now it is Ford Raptor time...I would go for the hemi version of the 2020 Ram but I don't want to reward FCA for their shady practices.

However, the other vehicle is my wife's 2016 Grand Cherokee Summit and it only has 43,000 miles on it. If this problem doesn't get fixed soon she has her eyes on a Range Rover....ouch. Maybe I can send FCA a bill for the difference?
I think you will be very happy with the tune.

Luc_sko

May 29, 2019
Truck Year
It is not s transmission issue. The truck is moving but the turbo first builds boast at 3000 rpm unlike it previously ramped around 2000 rpm.

Are you monitoring your boost or just saying your boost isn’t kicking in until 3000 rpm? The lag is most likely the electronic delay from the pedal to the motor.

I wish someone was using a throttle booster post AEM to confirm if the booster helps this post AEM dead pedal.

I didn’t have any issues from the AEM and had my tune back in the next day. Never had the cold truck delay either. Mines a 14.

3js

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
I noticed the issue returning home from the dealership. After driving the truck throughout the day I have to define the issue. It seems as if it is a lag to approximately 2600 to 2800 RPM. The accelerator pedal is basically pegged but I am not going anywhere to quickly. I was so frustrated I wanted to find out how the truck would pull my 20' fiberglass boat. Needless to say the lag was very present until the turbo ramped up and pegged the tach to 3200 from 1900 RPM. I have a long 1000' 15 degree grade by my home. I drove it from a stop and it took all of 500 feet to get past the lag. Then once again the engine hit the 3000 RPM plus mark. When the engine is cold it seems the worst. The engine is definitely changed in performance after the recall. It does seem as if it is all turbo boast issues along with some transmission timing shift issues. I can also see why fuel economy was affected due to the erratic performance. I will have more information after this weekend I will be going on a 400 mile trip pulling my boat.

I called the service manager after I got home and explained the performance issues and they did not to know anything about the issues. Which I believe is all a bunch of hogwash. They know.

Luc_sko

May 29, 2019
Truck Year
I noticed the issue returning home from the dealership. After driving the truck throughout the day I have to define the issue. It seems as if it is a lag to approximately 2600 to 2800 RPM. The accelerator pedal is basically pegged but I am not going anywhere to quickly. I was so frustrated I wanted to find out how the truck would pull my 20' fiberglass boat. Needless to say the lag was very present until the turbo ramped up and pegged the tach to 3200 from 1900 RPM. I have a long 1000' 15 degree grade by my home. I drove it from a stop and it took all of 500 feet to get past the lag. Then once again the engine hit the 3000 RPM plus mark. When the engine is cold it seems the worst. The engine is definitely changed in performance after the recall. It does seem as if it is all turbo boast issues along with some transmission timing shift issues. I can also see why fuel economy was affected due to the erratic performance. I will have more information after this weekend I will be going on a 400 mile trip pulling my boat.

I called the service manager after I got home and explained the performance issues and they did not to know anything about the issues. Which I believe is all a bunch of hogwash. They know.

I definitely noticed the transmission shifting differently right away. As far as engine performance I didn’t notice much.

Are you monitoring your boost via a gauge?
If you are setup PIDs for boost, fuel rail pressure, throttle position, VGT position. See if anything is delayed.

3js

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
I definitely noticed the transmission shifting differently right away. As far as engine performance I didn’t notice much.

Are you monitoring your boost via a gauge?
If you are setup PIDs for boost, fuel rail pressure, throttle position, VGT position. See if anything is delayed.
No I do not have the equipment to perform these functions. It would have been interesting to see what changes were made. I do know it is a different performing engine and never consistent. Pending many variables, start from stop, encountering a grade, current engine RPM, pulling a trailer seem to change severity of the lag in throttle response.

Looking into tuners but just have not found one I like. GDE seems to be the go to but you have to send in your unit. Bottom line is we Ecodiesel owners have $50,000 and more boat anchors for motors and once the word gets out your trade value will be much less than others vehicles. All I can say is thanks Fiat/ Chrysler. You will never get my business again.

JIMNGA

Sep 3, 2019
Truck Year
So I had the Emissions recall done back in June and I have a different vehicle I drive provided at where I work and my wife is the primary driver of the Truck.
That being said , it takes me a few minutes to get acclimated to the Truck which by that time the engine temp has warmed up to above the apparently critical Temp. that affects it the most.
Recently I've been driving it more and have really notice the sluggishness of it and how it is very disgusting having paid such a premium price for what has been a Premium Truck that has always been a pleasure to drive up til now.
I still haven't received the Ransom money for doing the recall, nor have they seemed to have gotten past the (AWAITING REVIEW TIL ALL DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED) Phase.
I just contacted my Dealer who did the Recalls and as of now they seem to be oblivious of any problems.
Has anyone had any positive response from their dealers or Chrysler/ FIAT?
Feeling betrayed and screwed by the Government and Global warming freaks.

John

Nov 13, 2015
So I had the Emissions recall done back in June and I have a different vehicle I drive provided at where I work and my wife is the primary driver of the Truck.
That being said , it takes me a few minutes to get acclimated to the Truck which by that time the engine temp has warmed up to above the apparently critical Temp. that affects it the most.
Recently I've been driving it more and have really notice the sluggishness of it and how it is very disgusting having paid such a premium price for what has been a Premium Truck that has always been a pleasure to drive up til now.
I still haven't received the Ransom money for doing the recall, nor have they seemed to have gotten past the (AWAITING REVIEW TIL ALL DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED) Phase.
I just contacted my Dealer who did the Recalls and as of now they seem to be oblivious of any problems.
The only fix I'm aware of is a tune.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
I did the recall in May and have had the same problems with throttle response, having almost been hit several times trying to get out of my drive onto a 55mph road. Towing capacity and fuel consumption are also problematic but the truth is that if you push the pedal to the floor and nothing happens it does not matter much if you are towing or not.
I took it back to the dealer and they reflashed the AEM which was supposed to adjust the accelerator position sensor. Mine is somewhat intermittent and I thought it was better for about a week but it is as bad as ever.
I never believed that FCA could simply write some code and update the computer to fix it or they would have done that to start with.
I filled out the form on safercar.gov and I will send another message to Wilson Dunleavy. Maybe if enough people keep complaining and pushing the safety issue something will happen. I think the early VW/Audi offerings were pretty paltry and that got better.
Hopefully, there will not have to be fatalities to get action.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I did the recall in May and have had the same problems with throttle response, having almost been hit several times trying to get out of my drive onto a 55mph road. Towing capacity and fuel consumption are also problematic but the truth is that if you push the pedal to the floor and nothing happens it does not matter much if you are towing or not.
I took it back to the dealer and they reflashed the AEM which was supposed to adjust the accelerator position sensor. Mine is somewhat intermittent and I thought it was better for about a week but it is as bad as ever.
I never believed that FCA could simply write some code and update the computer to fix it or they would have done that to start with.
I filled out the form on safercar.gov and I will send another message to Wilson Dunleavy. Maybe if enough people keep complaining and pushing the safety issue something will happen. I think the early VW/Audi offerings were pretty paltry and that got better.
Hopefully, there will not have to be fatalities to get action.
Tune it and forget about it. In the meantime be careful exiting your driveway. You will be the one at fault if you cause an accident.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
I also forgot to ask, after a normal drive when I park the exhaust system seems to be pinging and popping now. I don't remember it being that bad before, does that sound like a symptom of higher temps after the update or just me being extra vigilant?

John

Nov 13, 2015
I also forgot to ask, after a normal drive when I park the exhaust system seems to be pinging and popping now. I don't remember it being that bad before, does that sound like a symptom of higher temps after the update or just me being extra vigilant?
Does it do it all of the time? It could have been due to a regen.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
I read a thread about regen and I think you are right that was what was happening when I shut it off. Either my 2015 does not have the info on the instrument cluster or the way I drive it always keeps the DPF below 80% so no message. I was not aware that the regen could be going on so frequently.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I read a thread about regen and I think you are right that was what was happening when I shut it off. Either my 2015 does not have the info on the instrument cluster or the way I drive it always keeps the DPF below 80% so no message. I was not aware that the regen could be going on so frequently.
The regen will start at 65% and never give a notice on the EVIC unless it reaches 80% and again at 90%. The notice will tell you to drive at highway speed until it completes.

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year

Don't expect much satisfaction from the dealer. They are not allowed "undo" the AEM recall once it's been applied. About the only thing they can do is play dumb and humor you until you get tired of complaining or FCA comes up with a better solution (don't hold your breath for that). Probably the most realistic recourse for those of us who were baited into having the recall done is to get our claims processed, cash the check and use part of it to pay for the aftermarket tune we now need to get our trucks to run right again...

The recall was done on my truck at the beginning of June and it has performed like a slug ever since. I have registered countless complaints with my servicing dealer, Chrysler Care 1-800-247-9753, the NHTSA and the AEM Recall Hotline 1-833-280-4748. My claim was stuck at the same status you mentioned for months as well. I finally got someone on the Hotline to escalate it and recently received my "official" offer letter/liability release a few weeks ago (which I had to sign, get notarized and submit for more "verification"). I think I am finally in the cue to get the "ransom" $$$ but seems it could still take up to another 6 weeks to get paid... If you haven't called the Hotline and registered a complaint with them I would suggest to give that a try. I had to bug them several times, but It's the only thing that seemed to get my claim moving.

Unhappy with Recall

Jun 3, 2019
Truck Year
My update is: I have a Case Number with FCA that has been sent to their "Swat Team". Dealers still play dumb. I have a case number with NHTSA, no updates from them. A friend had the recall done the same day as mine and his truck coded " Total system Coolant Failure" last week and his Dealer stated it was due to the Emissions Recall. He was told it would be Nov before his truck would be fixed. He has a loaner on FCA.

John

Nov 13, 2015
My update is: I have a Case Number with FCA that has been sent to their "Swat Team". Dealers still play dumb. I have a case number with NHTSA, no updates from them. A friend had the recall done the same day as mine and his truck coded " Total system Coolant Failure" last week and his Dealer stated it was due to the Emissions Recall. He was told it would be Nov before his truck would be fixed. He has a loaner on FCA.
You gotta wonder about some of these dealers. "Dealer stated it was due to the Emissions Recall." That's funny.

petebrom

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
Just had my emissions recall done a few days ago as well on my RAM Limited. Got suckered like others into thinking it was the right thing to do. Also, everything I read said "Performance, Drivability etc would not be impacted"...What a crock! I am having the same side effect as others - zero acceleration from a stop for 2-3 seconds. What I have noticed is that it seems very much related to engine temperature. When the engine is below 150 degrees the acceleration is terrible and downright dangerous (old ladies with a cane could walk faster). Over ~ 150 degrees and the performance improves. It seems they have added significant governing on the acceleration when the engine is below a certain temp. As others noted the dealer just washed their hands of it, claimed they couldn't do anything and gave me a recall complaint number to call...big frigging deal...they didn't have a clue either

Does anyone know what legitimate recourse we have? They have turned my truck into a $60K piece of crap!

This description fits my Truck Exactly!! Took it to dealer yesterday with this, and two other unrelated issues. Dealer also say's they can't do anything. Have a call into Chrysler Customer Care. Also using at least twice the amount of DEF. My service advisor had always previously towed the party line and never said anything negative, but this time he said the problem is rampant.