• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

stevei

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
I just checked and green diesel engineering doesn't sell their tune to Calif. Left message at sofakingtuned waiting for response, hoping they can help. Ahh the beauty of living in Calif. These are not cheep but if it will restore my truck to pre-update performance it will be worth it! I'll post what I find out.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
maybe Sofakingtuned because turning off the EGR valve is optional. You want to turn off the EGR. Once tuned though, i understand you will still pass California emissions

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I was born 9_25-1941 and I deleted 3 Rams at a little over 800 miles and have had nooooooo problems

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
My experience yesterday is the opposite.

Went in with a GDE tune the past 85,000 miles. Truck has 110,000 miles total. Did a fuel mileage check on the way in. Also got a feel for any hesitation with GDE.

After the flash I came home. Tested hesitation with maybe three hard accelerations, one from stop and two on the interstate. One was a merge situation and the other a pass at speeds up to 90 mph. NO HESITATION. No real felt change in poser either.

Fuel mileage going home was about 2 mpg less than GDE. Did drive faster going home and had at least one more acceleration/hesitation test. 28.1 mpg with GDE. 26.5 mpg with the AEM flash.

Expecting my new GDE program to arrive today so just waiting to get my engine back to clean running without the EGR and the DEF sensors. Now I also have a warranty to about 150,000 miles for near everything motor related. Unreal how much warranty there is. On top of that I am supposed to be getting $3,075. It would sure take a fool not to do that AEM.

Actually, I should be paying them for all the performance and pleasure the Ecodiesel has been to me the past 5+ years.
Was the dealer able to detect that your truck had a GDE tune or not. I want to get a GDE tune also but I do not know if I sure keep the stock ECM and buy a new ECM from Green Diesel Engineering. This way if I have a warranty issue then I can put the stock ECM back in the truck. Please tell me what you thoughts on this.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Two schools of thought, but I never heard of anyone ever having any issues at the dealer. The worst that seems to happen is the dealer overwrites the GDE tune and GDE will exchange your overwritten ECM for $50.00 so no big deal and way cheaper than keeping a spare. my 2 cents.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I just feel if a tune, is suppose to make the truck run better then Ram should be installing it for us, and standing behind it. I am also to old to void my warranty.
I just feel if a tune, is suppose to make the truck run better then Ram should be installing it for us, and standing behind it. I am also to old to void my warranty.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Two schools of thought, but I never heard of anyone ever having any issues at the dealer. The worst that seems to happen is the dealer overwrites the GDE tune and GDE will exchange your overwritten ECM for $50.00 so no big deal and way cheaper than keeping a spare. my 2 cents.
Tks

stevei

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
Just purchased sofakingtuned program when I tried to log back in to my new sofakingtuned account my computer said it was a fraudulent account. Tried to call their number 702-sofa-king number cannot be connected as dialed to many numbers. I canceled the transaction and my credit card! Sofa king tuned what's going on??? Buyer beware. SOFA KING tell me what's going on?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just purchased sofakingtuned program when I tried to log back in to my new sofakingtuned account my computer said it was a fraudulent account. Tried to call their number 702-sofa-king number cannot be connected as dialed to many numbers. I canceled the transaction and my credit card! Sofa king tuned what's going on??? Buyer beware. SOFA KING tell me what's going on?

Tagging them here @SofaKingTuned

I wouldn't say "Buyer Beware" just yet, many positive reviews with the tuning and company. Let them chime in and see what they have to say.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Tagging them here @SofaKingTuned

I wouldn't say "Buyer Beware" just yet, many positive reviews with the tuning and company. Let them chime in and see what they have to say.
The website SSL, Secure socket layer wasn't correct in the DNS. It was resolved within the hour. Thank you all for the heads up.

Rest assured you NEVER processed a single bit of account data through our website, we ONLY use PayPal. So you ARE secure.

The above posts were talking about the account/password for our website, used ONLY to track your shipment, 0 access to bank account data, ability to purchase, cancel, etc. In other words, never once was your information compromised.

Thank you all and have a wonderful rest of your Thursday!

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
$50 for the reflash, $20 shipping, $10 (recommended insurance), plus whatever it costs for YOU to ship. So $100 minimum and a 3-10 days without a vehicle.

Or, SFT, TRULY $50 (or less). And a less than 24 hours turn around time (sometimes less than 1 hour). You can decide which is more convenient for your busy lives/preference.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Just had my emissions recall done a few days ago as well on my RAM Limited. Got suckered like others into thinking it was the right thing to do. Also, everything I read said "Performance, Drivability etc would not be impacted"...What a crock! I am having the same side effect as others - zero acceleration from a stop for 2-3 seconds. What I have noticed is that it seems very much related to engine temperature. When the engine is below 150 degrees the acceleration is terrible and downright dangerous (old ladies with a cane could walk faster). Over ~ 150 degrees and the performance improves. It seems they have added significant governing on the acceleration when the engine is below a certain temp. As others noted the dealer just washed their hands of it, claimed they couldn't do anything and gave me a recall complaint number to call...big frigging deal...they didn't have a clue either

Does anyone know what legitimate recourse we have? They have turned my truck into a $60K piece of crap!
Right now, $720 shipped to your door. We had a client who was 100% stock, spoke with us for SEVERAL weeks trying to improve his MPG. MAP cleaned, rear brakes checked, tire PSI, fuel additives, etc etc....only getting 17 MPG, that's HORRIBLE and something is clearly wrong. Engine temps were very high as well. Clearly must be mechanical?

He got our SFT stage 2 and TCM tune. Now he's getting 27.3 MPG! His friend also did a combo and is getting 33 MPG on a 2018!!!! This is just beyond incredible how HORRIBLE the recent AEM tuning is and how significant the SFT tunes can be.

You WON'T find a better deal out there for our the EcoDiesel/Transmission tunes. Take advantage while you can, use "SENDITDAD" during checkout for EVERYTHING in the store to get 20% off.

Happy father's day weekend!

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
You're right, and they WOULD. But they can't. Bottom line, fuel is VERY different in places of the world, some high quality, some low, very low. They must give this margin in order for the product to perform.

Do you REALLY believe you need to change your car's oil every 3,500 miles? Or the EcoDiesel every 10k? Get an oil analysis done. In our experience you'll get back, looks good, try 14k next time, and so on and so on.

I hope this information helps

earlymopar

May 1, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry guys, I'm new to this site. I just received a letter yesterday on an Approved Emissions Modification (AEM) and Extended Warranty. Is this what is being referred to in this thread? An extended Warranty sounds great but I really don't want them messing with the setup I have (GDE controller). Also, I'm well behind in the "Settlement" / Reimbursement issue. What are the Pro/Con arguments in opting-in or out? Is there a time limit?

- EM

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The pro is $3,077.00 and the extended warranty. The con, in your case, is having to swap out your ECM with GDE and pay the shipping plus $50.00 to get it back to how it was. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

stevei

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
Just finished e-mailing with Sofa King seems like a very knowledgeable and friendly outfit. Paid for the Sofa King Tune this time with confidence, I guess there was a problem with the web site but works fine now. I'm going to receive the items tomorrow (Saturday) to download my trucks numbers engine and transmission, I'll tell you right now I'm no computer expert, so if I can do it anyone can. Sofa King told me I'll have my new numbers within 24hrs, hopefully everything goes well. I'll keep everyone informed as to how hard the installation was and how well my Eco Ram runs now🤞👍

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Just finished e-mailing with Sofa King seems like a very knowledgeable and friendly outfit. Paid for the Sofa King Tune this time with confidence, I guess there was a problem with the web site but works fine now. I'm going to receive the items tomorrow (Saturday) to download my trucks numbers engine and transmission, I'll tell you right now I'm no computer expert, so if I can do it anyone can. Sofa King told me I'll have my new numbers within 24hrs, hopefully everything goes well. I'll keep everyone informed as to how hard the installation was and how well my Eco Ram runs now🤞👍
Let me know how it goes.