• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Upgrade or Compound Turbo price

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
what kind are you thinking?

Kind, or you mean person? I would see what tuning company wants to work with you. Sofa King Tuned comes to mind as a few other custom tuners doesn't seem to do much performance tuning.

Usually compound kits and other heavy mods require the the tuning to be dialed in to get the best possible experience!

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Kind, or you mean person? I would see what tuning company wants to work with you. Sofa King Tuned comes to mind as a few other custom tuners doesn't seem to do much performance tuning.

Usually compound kits and other heavy mods require the the tuning to be dialed in to get the best possible experience!

I wasn’t sure if you meant a new OBD port tuner came out for the ECO’s that I wasn’t aware of.

I think I’ll call GDE in the morning and see if my Off-road tune from them would suffice, or if I’d be better off getting a new, higher gains tune to do this.

Zecodiesel

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome back to this thread a couple years later everyone! Trucks just been paid off and I remembered that was when I was gonna start seriously considering the compound turbo kit.

now the H&S turbo kit price is 3200$, so a 1100$ drop in price is definitely the right direction. My mechanic said the current price is about normal for all the stuff.

I have two mainly curious questions, which I can always get one answered by calling GDE. Would their tune be okay to run with a compound kit? Or am I “losing/missing out” because it’s not as much HP gains like SFT or PPEI?

second question is the kit doesn’t come with an aftermarket intercooler I don’t think. Would one be necessary? Or just highly recommend

any input greatly appreciated
H&S has discontinued the compound turbo for the Ecodiesel. Does anyone else make an aftermarket turbo for this truck?

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
Have you looked into Maserati's (A630) aftermarket parts? I know they are rated at a slightly higher power from the factory(275 hp, 443 ft-lbs torque). Not sure if they have a different turbo, but in some of my previous research, I came across a US company that sells aftermarket parts. Might be worth giving them a try, especially if you can find a bolt-on setup:

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
H&S has discontinued the compound turbo for the Ecodiesel. Does anyone else make an aftermarket turbo for this truck?
As I looked more into it, to spend 3200$ and still be bottlenecked at the stock turbo outlet, idk if it’s really the best option. I was doing some light reading on guys changing out the housing on the stock turbo to get more through it, but I don’t know any specifics on it really. I kinda dropped the idea and settled with the fact that once my Ecodiesel goes, I’ll just get a cummins for more power