• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Using the Edge Insight CTS 2

NC-RAM

Nov 29, 2015
Truck Year
Hey guys, I have a CTS, so I can monitor the regen cycle . I have had many times had to stop in the middle of a regen cycle and let the cycle stop and wait until the temp drops down to 680 . I just don't like to turning off the motor with the temp at 1200 degrees. Just my comfort level.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Yup, it sure is handy. Does it ever smell, if you shut off during peak REGEN. That feature should have been built in and available as a display in the EVIC by FCA.

Seems like FCA doesn't want us to know, I hear, they have lock out the 2016 from working, until Edge figures it out.

When I bring my truck for service, I will tell the service manager, not give them permission, not to update firmware if it will disable my unit, otherwise, I insist they revert the update.

The last update, I lost my REGEN Distance, which Edge confirmed and I don't think the Force REGEN option works either or buggy. Not an issue for me, so left it as is. Never got it working.

If it happen too often or it doesn't cool down enough, you will get Error messages and required to go to dealer. I suspect it warps some parts, or cooks some component, requiring replacement.

Yes, FCA should cover it always under warranty, in fact, I believe for the life of the truck. It a major, critical design/interface fault on their part. They should be responsible for hiding these things.

FYI: I have alerts set for all the EGT & ECT, but thinking of removing the alert for EGT 3 and just use EGT4, as no REGEN occurs, if EGT4 doesn't hit 1100 f or so.

When on highway, the temperature hang around 800 f and you will notice the Soot percentage, climbs very slow, so it common to go 300 to 600 km before hit 65 percent.

Also EGT 1 and EGT 2, those are critical temperatures, as you can easily go over 1500 F when towing or pushing the truck hard, causing a melt down. Got alert set for 1500 on both. Still trying to find out, what the max safety limit are, as FCA refuses to answer my question or direct me to someone who know. Beware, be warned, truckers that are towing trailers with their EcoDiesel.

Are they hiding something? I am thinking yes, I be a happy camper if they can prove me wrong.

As for EDGE, they need to improve on their units, allow more alerts, too limited, also allow more viewing of temps.

Last edited:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
My 2015 has 6200 miles in it. My normal town commute is about 6 miles each way. I never get above 35 mph. On weekends I might get on the freeway or I might not. I have towed my camper a couple of times for a total of about 600 miles.
I have never seen a REGEN light or code come on yet!
I plan on using my free oil change at about 8000 miles or so.

I hear plenty of people talk about getting the REGEN message. My dealer made reference to the possibility of it when I bought the truck.
Kinda curious why I haven't seen this yet?
Any ideas?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Because the truck is doing its job all behind the curtains. If you get an Edge, or any kind of monitoring device or app, you'll see exactly what's going on with regenerations.

The dash won't display anything until I think the DPF is 80% full. At that point, it will require you to take a drive a clean it out. So in short, no message, no problems.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Any one else with a '16 trying to run a CTS2 getting a CEL for a transmission issue. I've plugged it in twice and it triggered a CEL both times.

The codes are as follows:
U0402
U0101
U0001

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Look like Fiat/Chrysler is involved in a diesel gate. I post the info in another forum, probably should have put it here. They have installed a cheat software. Probably why they are trying so hard to lock out intruders, like Edge?

It may explain, why some diesel truck owner are arguing that they will get a terrible smell (dumping NOx). Here a clip of it....
------------------------------------------

Bild am Sonntag reported that testing by the KBA of a Fiat model had shown that the emission control system shut down after 22 minutes -- two minutes after the end of a standard test.

This caused the dangerous pollutant nitrogen oxide (NOx) to be released into the atmosphere "at more than 10 times the permitted level", the report said according to the newspaper.

------------------------------------------------
If this is true, and it applies to all their diesel products, then it not really meeting the environmental pollution standards of 50 states.

Last edited:

John

Nov 13, 2015
I didn't see any mention of the ecodiesel in the published article.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
UPDATE....After I updated my CTS2 it's working correctly now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 22