• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Well...it happened

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Boostn , I'm pessimistic about this engine also, it has the similar EGR system as the 2020 3.0VM VM is even more complexed. This technology was dropped by many DSL Makers. Also the Denso pump is New and its bolted in the rear and couple with dual sprockets to drive Cam and Pump, all kinds of added dressing on the GM 3.0 DSL. Time will show if this motor survives, it cannot be laden with repairs equal to VM 3.0

Its still very complex design, Other makers are dropping external EGR altogether and going with more SCR systems.

GM site has the little Max at the same price as the 6.2L VA in high trim models, this makes the Limited Rams Gas even more attractive.

The Little Max is $5K more than the 2.7L Turbo motor This hurts Ram because they they don't offer any Turbo motors in Gas, it delivers 310/348 some what impressive for Gas Turbo 4C. I do think the Ram 3.6 can compete in both MPG and Power, the 2.7 is going to out pull the 3.6.

Boostn ,IMO Ram needs New power plant in DSL 1/2 to survive. The Gas Power plants are getting better MPG + more powerful.

IMO its coming, this COVID pandemic has set the world back 1-3 Years in development for all Power plant and vehicle makers.

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
StevenB, What's your future Plan. I find it odd that Eco owners are willing to keep the Eco after major failure, Generally warranty coverage helps the owner, New Engine, Trans, Axle, Etc, Not So with VM, its same short comings & risk with the replacement, many owners are on 2nd even 3rd repalcement.

At some point the loss must be calculated and move on.

Figured this warranted an update...I am no longer an EcoDiesel owner. Got into a 2020 GMC Sierra with the 5.3 gas engine. I looked at the GM 3.0 diesels, but was advised by a friend close to the subject to avoid being a gueinna pig again for an "unproven" engine (they're already coming in to the service departments for that funky oil belt design behind the engine).

Funny thing is, that I bought my Eco for towing my travel trailer and the decent fuel economy. This 2020 GMC can actually tow 1,100 pounds more (same basic design as my Eco - crew cab, shotbed, 4x4) and gets 2mpg less than my Eco, but gas is $1.00-1.20 cheaper per gallon.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
StevenB, I was going to post this in the Hemi Section, Hmm You touch on MPG, I just finish 541 Miles Mixed Hwy/city on 2 Tanks, it was 15.8 MPG HC, That's only 2-1.5 Less than My Eco in 2019, and with Gas being .80 less then DSL Plus 3K less out the Door,, I'm saving $$$$ Big time. it cost Me 42.50 less then My Eco did in 2019 for 541-560 miles mixed, I hope your happy with the GM as I'm am With My 2019.... I bleed DSL but I'm NOT returning to the 1/2 Ton Market until the power plants change to more reliable and cost efficient.

My 2019 Hemi would run circle around My Eco, I pull to, and it gets right up and hauls Xass.... Ram certainly raised the bar in 2019 Gas... I can't believe I'm saying this.